Recipe???

tigsmom

Thank you so much sweetpee :)

I've updated the Index, but I'm not that happy with it and I will tweek it a bit when I get the chance. You will notice it now covers more pages as I've broken it up a bit to allow for future additions with out changing the entire thing again. Happy Cooking!!

and many thanks to my youngest who introduced me to Google Documents :cool:

EDIT: seems the number of posts per page has changed so I will have to change page numbers in the Index...gonna take a bit.

disneypearl

I checked the index but didn't see the breaksfast juice that they serve at Animal Kingdom Lodges Boma. I believe they call it Jungle Juice but I could be wrong. Any idea of the recipie?

tigsmom

I checked the index but didn't see the breaksfast juice that they serve at Animal Kingdom Lodges Boma. I believe they call it Jungle Juice but I could be wrong. Any idea of the recipie?

Jungle Juice
Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:
1 part pineapple juice
1 part mango juice
2 parts orange juice
2 parts lemonade.
Mix well and serve cold

meekoman

I was wondering if anyone had the cucumber salad recipe that is served as an option instead of fries at the Magic Kingdom and beyond.

tigsmom

From the Disney Food Blog newsletter...

Dalkey Duo

Raglan Road

Ingredients
  • sunflower oil, for deep-frying
  • 200 g/7 oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
  • 50 g/2 oz cornflour
  • 120 ml/4 fl oz lager
  • 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
  • 450 g/1 lb cocktail sausages, skinned
For the Mustard Mayonnaise
  • 8 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 6 tbsp wholegrain mustard
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparations
  • Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 180C/350F, until a small piece of white bread turns golden brown in about 30 seconds; or use a deep-sided pan and ensure that it is only half way full.
  • To make the beer batter, sift the flour and cornflour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the lager and mustard. Whisk the liquid ingredients together and then gradually whisk into the flour mixture until you have achieved a smooth batter. Season to taste.
  • Dust the cocktail sausages in a light coating of flour and then dredge in the batter, shaking off any excess. Deep-fry for about 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your fryer.
  • Meanwhile, make the mustard mayonnaise, place the mayonnaise in a bowl with the mustard and lime juice. Season to taste and mix until well combined.
To Serve
Drain the beer battered cocktail sausages well on kitchen paper and stick on to forks or cocktail sticks. Arrange on serving plates with small bowls of the mustard mayonnaise on the side for dipping.

tigsmom

Marinated Salmon (Grav Laks)
Food & Wine Norway 2000

14 oz. salmon fillet (skin on)
1 1/3 T. salt
1 3/4 T. sugar
1 T. fresh dill, chopped
1 T. cracked black pepper
1/3 oz. brandy (optional)

Remove all bones with a pair of clean needle nose pliers. Combine salt, sugar and pepper together. Rub this mixture into both sides of the salmon fillet. Place salmon in a baking dish. Clean and chop dill. Rub evenly onto meat side of salmon fillet. Cover the fish with plastic wrap. Place a weight on top of the covered fillets. Refrigerate. Turn the fish daily. The salmon is cured when the flesh is firm, 2-3 days.

Cut into very thin slices. Serve with your favorite mustard sauce and boiled potatoes.

Venison Stew

1 T. canola oil
2 lbs. venison (or beef), cut in chunks
1 red onion, diced
1 leek, sliced 1/4" thick
1 rutabaga, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, sliced 1/2" thick
10 mushrooms, quartered

Sauce
4 T. butter
4 T. flour
2 cans beef stock
4 T. half and half
1/4 C. lingonberry jelly
1 pinch juniper berries
4 t. Gjetost cheese (Norwegian goat cheese)
Balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to taste

Heat saute pan aver medium high heat. Add canola oil. Add venison and saute for approximately three minutes. Add vegetables and saute for two minutes or until tender. Add sauce and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately.

Sauce
Melt butter over medium heat and add flour to make a roux. Cook for five minutes, stirring constantly. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for fifteen minutes. Add half and half, lingonberries, cheese and juniper berries. Add salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar to taste. Remove from heat and set to side. Note: Sauce may be made ahead of time and cooled.

tigsmom

Potato Salad
Sunshine Seasons

3 pounds of red skin potatoes, diced
¼ cup small diced red peppers
¼ cup small diced celery
¼ cup small diced yellow onion
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
To taste salt
To taste pepper
1 cup white balsamic dressing
Ingredients for white balsamic dressing
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons honey
¾ cup of olive oil
Method of preparation for potato salad
1. In a large pot, add potatoes, and then add enough water to cover
the potatoes. Add a pinch of salt. Boil until potatoes are fork tender
about 18 – 20 minutes.
2. When the potatoes are cool. Dice the potatoes and small dice the
rest of the vegetables.
3. Put all potatoes and vegetables in a large bowl. Season with
parsley, salt and pepper. Add dressing and toss all together.
Refrigerate at least one hour.
Method of preparation for white balsamic dressing
1. In a small bowl, add white balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey.
Using a whisk, blend well.
2. Slowly add the olive oil until well blended.

**Index updated through this posting

darcol

Hi all, noticed in the index that there is a receipe for :
Bongo's
Papas Rellenas- Page 101, post 1505
However I cant find page 101 let alone post 1505
can you help?
thanks

tigsmom

Bongo's
can you help?
thanks

The problem lies with the fact that the forum program update messed up the page numbers and I haven't had time to fix it yet (we have a lot of recipes). Look on the bottom right corner of a posting for the post number (yours is 1871 & mine is 1872) ; right now the only way to find something is to scroll through the thread, sorry.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The problem lies with the fact that the forum program update messed up the page numbers and I haven't had time to fix it yet (we have a lot of recipes). Look on the bottom right corner of a posting for the post number (yours is 1871 & mine is 1872) ; right now the only way to find something is to scroll through the thread, sorry.
An easy way would be to do a search in the thread for the recipe that you are looking for.

To do this, go to the recipe thread, goto the search box in the top right, enter the recipe name, then tick the "search this thread only" box.

tigsmom

An easy way would be to do a search in the thread for the recipe that you are looking for.

To do this, go to the recipe thread, goto the search box in the top right, enter the recipe name, then tick the "search this thread only" box.

Now why didn't I think of that!? :oops:

That makes fixing the Index a lot easier

tigsmom

My husband loves the salad dressing at the Hoop-Dee-Doo, does anyone have the recipe for it?

Looked around, but did not see it out there, I sent a request to guest relations ..we'll see what happens as they do not always share (recipe is too big to be converted to home use, is a commercial product or "secret").

tigsmom

EDIT: Index is now correct through The Yacht Club Resort. This is going to take some time as some of the posts have to be reformatted.

darcol

Bongo's
can you help?
thanks

Thanks tigsmom,

I have scrolled through and found it on page 74, keep up the good work its an excellant thread, many happy memories in all this food.

tigsmom

Thanks tigsmom,

I have scrolled through and found it on page 74, keep up the good work its an excellant thread, many happy memories in all this food.

I'm glad you found it! I worked all day yesterday and managed to make it through all of the hotels, I'll start on the parks next (if I can get my eyes to focus ;) )
I have decided we need to have a Disney meal or two as there are some recipes here I had forgotten about!
Happy Cooking!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom