Recipe???

annawilliams

Chocolate Cake

In 2005 Cinderella's Royal Table served this amazing chocolate cake with dinner. When we went back the following year, they didn't have it anymore. The entire family is STILL talking about it :) Does anyone know the recipe/ remember this? Thanks!

tigsmom

In 2005 Cinderella's Royal Table served this amazing chocolate cake with dinner. When we went back the following year, they didn't have it anymore. The entire family is STILL talking about it :) Does anyone know the recipe/ remember this? Thanks!

Haven't been able to find the recipe and too much time has past since it was removed to request the recipe from the chef. I'll keep looking though and if I find it I'll post it. :wave:

EDIT: could you describe it for me? Single layer or multiple? Any filling? Icing?

jenhoover

Crystal Palace Ratatouille recipe? (dec. 2010)

I have been looking high and low for this recipe - but thought I'd just see if i'm losing my mind or what!? :shrug: I cannot find the ratatouille recipe that we ate {lots of} while at WDW Crystal Palace in december 2010. I did find this one but I'm the picture shown doesn't really look as I remember it.

Any help/suggestions VERY appreciated :)
thank you!

tigsmom

I have been looking high and low for this recipe - but thought I'd just see if i'm losing my mind or what!? :shrug: I cannot find the ratatouille recipe that we ate {lots of} while at WDW Crystal Palace in december 2010. I did find this one but I'm the picture shown doesn't really look as I remember it.

Any help/suggestions VERY appreciated :)
thank you!

Your link brings me right back to this page, no photo.

Recipes/presentations change all the time and I could not find what you are looking for when I searched. You can write Guest Services and request the recipe; if possible give the date you had this & a confirmation number for your ADR if there is one.

Nate5452

Capt. Cook's - BBQ Pulled Pork

Did not see this posted anywhere nor on the index. But the Wife and I love the

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwhich from Capt Cook's Along with the Pulled Pork Nachos which tastes slightly different ( a little spicier and not as much sauce as the Pulled Pork Sandwhich.

Is someone has the recipe for either one of these. That would be awesome.

thanks
Nate

DisneyDebNJ

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwhich from Capt Cook's Along with the Pulled Pork Nachos which tastes slightly different ( a little spicier and not as much sauce as the Pulled Pork Sandwhich.

thanks
Nate

I was wondering how the pork nachos were. This was one item I was looking forward to tasting.

tigsmom

thanks
Nate

I looked, but did not find the recipes. You can write to guest relations and request the recipes, but remember that sometimes the recipes are secret.

Nate5452

I was wondering how the pork nachos were. This was one item I was looking forward to tasting.

I don't believe its the same pork as the BBQ Pork Sandwhich, but it might be same without the Sauce.

It is a tiny bit spicier than the BBQ Pork Sandwhich, but that could be because of the other stuff they put on it. If you love the "Chips/Nacho's" that they serve then you will love this.

tigsmom

Have you looked over the recipe for the BBQ pulled pork sandwich from Kona?
It's on page 117, post 1749, maybe that is close (or the same thing as many recipes are shared between the restaurants)?

La_Souris

Desperate for 'Ohana's dumplings recipe

Hi everybody,

First, let me tell you I am so happy I have found this forum as I was craving a lot of Disney food I ate during my two last trips to Disney.

But... there is two recipes I can't find:

I am totally desperate to find a recipe for 'Ohana's Pork Dumplings AND the sauce they put on it. I wrote to Disney but they refused to give me the recipe. :(

Also, I am totally crazy about those raisin/oatmeal cookies they are selling at Captain's Cook.

If anybody could find those recipes, I'd be the happiest woman in the world!

Thank you in advance.

Vernonpush

Hi everybody,

First, let me tell you I am so happy I have found this forum as I was craving a lot of Disney food I ate during my two last trips to Disney.

But... there is two recipes I can't find:

I am totally desperate to find a recipe for 'Ohana's Pork Dumplings AND the sauce they put on it. I wrote to Disney but they refused to give me the recipe. :(

Also, I am totally crazy about those raisin/oatmeal cookies they are selling at Captain's Cook.

If anybody could find those recipes, I'd be the happiest woman in the world!

Thank you in advance.
Have you looked through the listings compiled by Tigsmom? http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=345302
She is wonderful at keeping this list up to date. There are some recipes that are no longer done. The pork dumplings might be there.

Just checked and the only thing that I could find that is close is:
Barbecue Pork Sandwich - page 117, post 1749

Maybe put the Barbecue Pork from the recipe above into a dumpling?

tigsmom

Thanks Vern! :wave: I will update the Index later today when I have the time.

La_Souris many times the recipes are "secret" and will not be shared with the public. This is because it's the chef's own recipe or because it is a commercial product that is being used. I have not had them, but there is a recipe for the ones served at Kona, why don't you look that over and see it it's similar?

Potstickers
Kona Cafe
Polynesian Resort

Yield: 1 serving

Pot Stickers Plate:
5 each Potstickers (no recipe given, but there are many brands sold commercially)
1 dash Sesame and Canola oil mix
2 oz. ginger-soy beurre blanc (recipe below)
1 pinch black sesame seeds
1 oz Pickled cucumbers (recipe below)

Arrange all of the above neatly on plate and drizzle with beurre blanc.

Pickled Cucumber

2 ea. Cucumbers
1/2 oz. red pepper, brunoise (tiny dice)
1/8 oz. black sesame seeds
4 oz. pickled ginger juice
1/8 oz. Kosher salt
1/8 oz. ground white pepper
1 oz. sesame oil

Mix all ingredients well and let set for at least 2 hours before using.

Ginger-Soy Beurre Blanc

2 qts. Heavy cream
8 oz. soy sauce blend
8 oz. butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

Method:

1. Reduce soy blend by 1/3.
2. Add heavy cream and let it reduce by 1/3.
3. Take off heat and add butter slowly.

As you prepare this recipe, the Polynesian chefs say you should feel free to experiment. One of the best things about cooking is the opportunity to create. You may also need to make small adjustments in the recipe due to the difference in your local products. Disney restaurants produce items in much larger quantities than is represented by this recipe, which will lead to small differences in the finished recipes as well.

tigsmom

These are my favorite sauces on property, can anyone vouch for how close they taste to the park version?

Do not know how I missed this (well I was away on vacation :lol: )...
these are the recipes given by WDW so they are the ones used there and I would hope they taste the same.

If a copy-cat recipe is posted it is labeled as such otherwise the recipes come from a published Disney cookbook or directly from WDW itself. :cool:

La_Souris

Have you looked through the listings compiled by Tigsmom? http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=345302

In fact, I've checked the whole 124 pages of this topic :ROFLOL: (I'm crazy!) and I haven't seen it.

Tigsmom: Yes, I've checked the Potstickers recipe but this is something totally different than the dumplings of 'Ohana.

What about the Raisin/Oatmeal Cookies recipe? Could it be the same as Grand Floridian's?

tigsmom

In fact, I've checked the whole 124 pages of this topic :ROFLOL: (I'm crazy!) and I haven't seen it.

Tigsmom: Yes, I've checked the Potstickers recipe but this is something totally different than the dumplings of 'Ohana.

What about the Raisin/Oatmeal Cookies recipe? Could it be the same as Grand Floridian's?

It's possible, many times the snack type foods are made in a main bakery & shipped out to the different restaurants/snack shops/food courts. I have not been able to find anything specific to the place you are asking about.

jasper186

Hi I'm new to the forum and I guess that I could easily have missed the answer to my question so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, does anyone have the recipe for mango green from the joy of tea in Epcot(China)?

tigsmom

Hi I'm new to the forum and I guess that I could easily have missed the answer to my question so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, does anyone have the recipe for mango green from the joy of tea in Epcot(China)?

To check for a favorite recipe please use the Index that is stickied to the top of this forum.

We do not have this recipe , but it can be requested by emailing guest relations.
Please understand that some recipes are "secret" and are not shared and that some things are commercial products and may or may not be available to the public

tigsmom

to all of those waiting for an Index update.... due to the change in format here I have to rework the Index, I will have it updated asap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom