Recipe???

Tatania

That Kona Cafe Sweet Bread looks delicious. :slurp: I'll have to make some this weekend.

Please let us know how this turns out. One reason the Chef was reluctant to share the recipe (besides the fact that the large batch recipes don't always break down into a good home recipe) is that the type of equipment they use (Proof boxes, roll in ovens, etc.) and baking methods can't really be replicated at home.

Vernonpush

Kona Café Sweet Bread
Yield: 4 10 oz loaves

4 ¾ c.……………. AP Flour
Pinch.……………. Salt
¼ c…..……………Sugar
2 Tsp……………..Active Dry Yeast
3 Ea………………Eggs – Room Temp
¼ c….……………Pineapple Juice Concentrate
4 Tbsp……………Margarine - Softened
¾ c………….……Warm Water

1) Combine warm water, pineapple juice concentrate, margarine and eggs. Mix with the paddle attachment.
2) Combine dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Add to liquid ingredients and mix with dough hook.
3) Mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
4) Place dough in a large bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 2-3 hours.
5) Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
6) Divide the dough into 4 10oz portions and form into balls, cut an X about ½” deep into the top of each ball.
7) Cover and let rise for 45 minutes in the warmest part of you’re kitchen.
8) Bake at 325F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with the Macadamia Honey Butter.

OK, I've never had this at Kona Cafe, but this was delicious!

I made a few modifications since I was using "Rapid Rise" yeast (as follows).

I combined in the mixer bowl:
3 3/4 cup AP flour, 1/4 cup Splenda (personal choice:lol:), yeast (1 packet Rapid Rise) and mixed.

I combined 1/2 cup pineapple concentrate (I love pineapple) and enough water to make 1 cup in a microwave safe container. I added the butter (cut into pieces) and heated it all to 120 - 130 degrees.

I added the liquid to the flour mixture with a 4 oz. cup of egg substitute (equal to 2 eggs) and 1 egg (both at room temp.).

I switched to the dough hook on the mixer and slowly added some (about 3/4) of the remaining 1 cup of flour until the dough formed a ball .

Turned the dough onto a board sprinkled with the last of the flour and kneaded a few times.

I let the dough rest 10 minutes (covered with saran wrap and kitchen towel).

then followed steps 6, 7 & 8.

* I served with honey butter:slurp:. Next time I might add even more of the pineapple concentrate. *

Tatania

Thanks so much for posting the results. Your version sounds like a great lo-cal alternative and it's interesting to hear that Splenda worked instead of sugar as yeast "eats" the sugar to replicate itself.

Vernonpush

I've been using Splenda for baking yeast breads for 4 years now. It works just as well as sugar in that capacity (since "Splenda is made from sugar" as the commercials say :lol:). Also the pineapple concentrate has natural sugars in it.

sittle

Ohana - skewers

Good day chefs!

I've done some searching (nice recipe index Tigsmom!), and I haven't found an answer... With regards to the meat skewers served at Ohana's, does anyone know if they marinade the Turkey Skewers or the Pork Skewers?.... any further info on the preparation of these two beef skewers would be appreciated!

I have found the marinade for the beef skewers (thank you!).... I've got that grilling fever coming on... and the only cure is more grilling!

Sassagoula

I had some of the best cookies I've ever had at Disney this last trip, and they were the plain chocolate chip packaged ones sold nearly everywhere, I think under the name Minnie's Bakery. The chocolate chips were amazing and tasted so unusual, and the dough was surprisingly soft and sort of underbaked looking. I know that getting a recipe for a prepackaged item like that is probably impossible, but I gotta figure out what makes them so amazing!

One other request -- my mom is a huge fan of the little onion tarts served at the Grand Floridian tea in the Gardenview Lounge. Does anyone have the recipe? Thanks for any help!

EvilQueen-T

Is there any chance those cookies are provided via nestles? Maybe something they do specifically for wdw? I ask because they sponsor so much in the parks and if they do you might be able to at least find that info out via nestles if wdw can't help.

sittle

Hello everyone.... Tigsmom has PM'd me the marinade for Ohana Turkey and Pork skewers!!! Hooplah for grilled meat! *hooplah*

...What a trooper she's had a major computer crash, and she still finds a way to send out recipes!! Thank you Tigsmom ...

Thank you Tigsmom..

White Meat Marinade

from 'Ohana, Polynesian
2 tbs garlic, minced
¼ cup malt vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
3 dashes tabasco
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 cup olive oil
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a food processor. Slowly add the oil to the food processor to form an emulsion. Reserve half of the marinade for later use. Marinate the meat for two to three days in the refrigerator. Strain the reserved marinade and use to baste the meat during the cooking process.

Tatania

I had some of the best cookies I've ever had at Disney this last trip, and they were the plain chocolate chip packaged ones sold nearly everywhere, I think under the name Minnie's Bakery. The chocolate chips were amazing and tasted so unusual, and the dough was surprisingly soft and sort of underbaked looking. I know that getting a recipe for a prepackaged item like that is probably impossible, but I gotta figure out what makes them so amazing!

One other request -- my mom is a huge fan of the little onion tarts served at the Grand Floridian tea in the Gardenview Lounge. Does anyone have the recipe? Thanks for any help!

This onion tart recipe is from Delicious Disney. It's NOT the mini tarts but it IS from GF and the filling may be similar to what they do in the Gardenview Lounge.

Onion Tart
from Citrico's, Grand Floridian (from Delicious Disney)
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 package puff pastry, thawed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 cup shredded Manchego* cheese, plus additional cheese for sprinkling

1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Peel and slice the onion. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Chop the garlic cloves and add to the pan along with a bay leaf. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Let the onions sizzle until golden and caramelized.
3. Cut puff pastry into circles using a 31/2-inch ring molds and carefully stretch dough to fit snugly into greased four-inch tart pans. With the tip of knife or the tines of a fork, prick dough with the tip of a knife; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy cream and shredded Manchego cheese.
5. To assemble, mound the caramelized onions in the prepared tart pans. Top off with some of the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional Manchego cheese and bake the tarts for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and set. Serve warm.

*Note: Manchego (mahn-CHAY-goh) cheese adds a rich, mellow layer to this tart. From Spain, it was originally made only from the milk of Manchego sheep that grazed the famous plains of La Mancha.

Disney is bringing in a lot more pre-made food from the outside than it used to do. if these chocolate chip cookies are packaged than I'm almost positive it's fron an outside company.

An alternative to try is:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Ghirardelli, Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Yield: 4 dozen Cookies

2¼ cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
11 ounces Ghirardelli double chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
In large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and Double Chocolate Chips.
Drop tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375°F for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.

Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
(Ghirardelli, Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Yield: 4 Dozen Cookies

10 ounce (2½ 4-ounce bars) Ghirardelli Bittersweet Baking Bars, broken into pieces
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2¼ cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
11.5 ounce bag Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup pecans (or walnuts), coarsely chopped

Melt bittersweet chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water. Beat butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Add ½ flour mixture to creamed butter, stirring after each addition. Add ½ melted chocolate. Stir until ingredients are well blended. Add remaining flour, stirring completely; add remaining chocolate. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Drop 2 tablespoonful of dough per cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes at 350°F. (Adjust baking time accordingly for smaller cookies.) Remove cookies to wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature or in freezer for longer storage.

Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Mainstreet Bakery, Magic Kingdom

1 cup butter
1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
1 cup White Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
510 – 540 gram (18 oz) gram semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (you can mix dark and light)

Preheat oven to 375° (190°C). Cream Butter, Sugars, Vanilla und Cocoa. Mix in remaining ingredients. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Small cookies bake for 5 – 8 min. and large cookies for 8 – 10 min.

My review: Made them in Nov. ’08 and the dough is very moist – even after 2 hours in the fridge. Only added 300 gram chocolate as it seemed enough and was all I had but in retrospect one should add all the chocolate. I cut the chunks small because otherwise they poke out through the dough. Tasty cookies though I wouldn’t rave.

Chocolate Coconut Confection Bars
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Disney World
Inspired by an early 1900s recipe, these bars are an old-fashioned Christmas delight, says Disney chef Kelly Smith.

Servings: 32 Kitchen time: 20 minutes Total time: 2 hours

3 cups graham cracker crumbs
2/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4-1/2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened, condensed milk
Red and green jimmies or sprinkles, optional

Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 13”x9” pan with enough foil to overhang long sides by 2”; coat with cooking spray. Combine crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Press onto bottom of pan.
Combine coconut, chips and pecans. Spread evenly over crumb mixture. Pour milk over coconut mixture. If desired, sprinkle with jimmies. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned and center is just set. Cool. Using foil, lift from pan.

DarkImage4

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

I know I saw the recipe here, and I have it copied somewhere, but one thing confuses me. Do you bake the yellow cake bottom first, or do you bake the whole mess at once?

I'm guessing it's all baked once...but I have been wrong in the past...

Thanks!!!!

mro415

The last two years I have been to Donald's Breakafast at Tusker House and Restaurantaurous. I think the juice was called Jumba(Jamba?) Juice, it was definitely NOT plain orange juice. I was also at O'hana and it seemed to me the jiuce was the same as at the AK. all other breakfast served OJ.
Whatever it was I thought it was really good!

it is not jamba juice.. its a passion mango juice. it has a lot of stuff in it.. they also have it at boma. its yum.

Tatania

I know I saw the recipe here, and I have it copied somewhere, but one thing confuses me. Do you bake the yellow cake bottom first, or do you bake the whole mess at once?

I'm guessing it's all baked once...but I have been wrong in the past...

Thanks!!!!

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake
Liberty Tree Tavern, MK, WDW

Cake Bottom
1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

Mix ingredients and put an greased 13" by 9" baking pan.

Cake Filling
8 ounces cream cheese
3 ounces eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter (Paula Dean uses ½ cup)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar pieces
1 pound powdered sugar

Put cream cheese in the mixer. Slowly add eggs and vanilla. Add butter and mix well. Add powdered sugar; then add the chocolate chips and the Heath Bar pieces. Just mix but DO NOT OVER MIX. Pour on top of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake Bottom in the pan. Bake at 325°F for 35 min. and check for doneness.

My understanding from reading this is that you mix the cake bottom first and spread it on the bottom of the pan. Then you mix the cake filling and pour it on top of the unbaked cake mix. Then you bake both of them together.

Bailey’s Irish Coffee Trifle
Rose & Crown, Epcot

Custard
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
3 cups whole milk
3 cups half-and-half
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 ounces coffee

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. In a thin stream, whisk in the milk until smooth. In a thin stream, whisk in the half-and-half until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a saucepan. Over medium heat, whisking the mixture constantly, bring to a boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the coffee, bittersweet chocolate and vanilla. Fill a large bowl with ice cubes, rest the saucepan on top, and add cold water to cover the ice cubes. Refrigerate until well chilled.
NOTE: The recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance. Serve cold.

Chocolate Cake
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook for 25 minutes. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and slowly whisk in wet ingredients. Pour into greased Sheet Pan. Allow to cool. Cut with a ring mold.

Bailey’s Whipped Cream
5 oz Heavy Whipped Cream
1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream

Whip Cream until stiff peaks. Fold in Bailey’s and pipe on Trifle.

tigsmom

Morning all :wave:

It took nearly a month, but I finally have my computer back up & running. Thanks for all the new recipes and feedback, I'll update the Index later today when I have a bit more time.

tigsmom

Found some new things of allears

Banana Bread Pudding
Chef Mickey's -Contemporary Resort

Yield: 9 x 12 pan

Ingredients:
5 Pounds of Danishes (or Bread)
4 Cups half and half or milk
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1 Stick butter or margarine -- melted
2 Teaspoons nutmeg
2 Teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
6 Each eggs – beaten
½ pound Bananas, mashed
4 ounces Carmel sauce

Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Tear bread into 2-inch pieces.
3. In a large bowl, add half-and-half, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and half the butter.
4. Add eggs, banana and mix well.
5. Add bread and allow to sit 5 minutes.
6. Grease a 9 x 12 x 2 inch baking pan and add bread mixture.
7. Dot top with remaining butter and bake for 1 hour.serve warm.

Beef Gravy

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:
1 14 ounce can beef consommé -- or beef broth
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons whole butter
3/4 cup diced onion, carrots, and celery combined
1 each bay leaf
1 sprig fresh thyme

Method of Preparation:

In a medium size sauce pot, heat the butter until it melts and add the diced vegetables, bay leaf, and thyme sprig. Continue to cook the vegetables until they brown slightly. Stir in the flour until it becomes pasty and is fully incorporated. Cook this mix over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes continually stirring. Quickly whisk in the beef consommé or beef broth to avoid any lumps. Bring the contents to a steady simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Strain the sauce and then season with salt and pepper.

Breakfast Pizza

Yield: 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
1 pre made multi grain pizza crust
½ cup of ricotta cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
½ cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
¼ cup half & half
2 each eggs – scrambled & cooled
4 each strips of bacon – pre cooked & chopped
Salt & Pepper

Method of Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350*. Scramble two eggs, after cooked place on a paper plate place in freezer to cool down quickly.
Once cooled, place in bowl add salt, pepper and mix in half and half. Set aside.
Take the ricotta cheese and add salt and pepper. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over pre made crust, sprinkle both of the cheeses over the entire pizza.Next sprinkle the scrambled egg mixture and chopped bacon over the entire pizza.
Bake @ 350 for approximately 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.

Challah French Toast

Yield: 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
6 extra large whole eggs
1 ½ cups of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ cup of granulated sugar
8 to 10 one inch slices of challah bread(you can substitute brioche bread or Hawaiian bread)
1 – 2 tablespoons of butter (margarine)

Method of Preparation:

1. Gather all ingredients (mise en place).
2. Crack eggs into medium size bowl, add milk & vanilla. Wisk together with a fork or wire whip. Add the sugar and cinnamon mix all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
3. Slice challah bread into 1” slices. Set aside.
4. Pre–heat flat grill or frying pan on medium heat (Teflon coated works best).,Cover bottom of pan / grill with butter.
5. Dip bread into the egg mixture, place in pan/grill cook under golden brown on each side.
6. Remove from heat, plate up French toast and dust with the confectioners sugar.

Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary Resort

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:
2 cups of shredded potatoes
4 cups of cheese sauce
½ cup of whole milk
1/3 cup of bacon bits (reserve 2 Tablespoons)
1 teaspoon dill (fresh or dried)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup of shredded mozzarella

Method of Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350*. Combine all ingredients except for shredded cheeses and the reserved 2 tablespoons of the bacon bits. Mix until well incorporated. Take a casserole dish and spray with cooking spray. Spoon potato mixture into dish spread out evenly. Place in oven and bake for approx 35 minutes until potatoes are tender. Top with the shredded cheddar, mozzarella and remaining bacon bits. Place back into the oven and bake for approx. 10 – 15 minutes until cheeses are melted and caramelized. Take out of the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.

tigsmom

Ham, Potato & Scallion Soup

Yield: 1 gallon

Ingredients:
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup flour
1 gallon Milk
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
4 tablespoon vegetable base
1 cup onions -- diced
2 cups potatoes -- diced
1 cup ham, smoked boneless -- diced
1/4 cup green onion -- sliced

Method of Preparation:

1. Melt Margarine and add flour, stir continuously. Cook for 5 minutes @ medium heat
2. Add milk, pepper, garlic and vegetable base.
3. Add onions, potatoes and ham.
4. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and whisk vigorously to remove any lumps.
5. Simmer until potatoes are cooked (not falling apart)
6. Add green onions just before serving soup.

Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

updated 3/09

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

3 pounds Whole potatoes (Peeled & Cut in to 1 by 1 inch cubes)
cups half & half
4 Tablespoons Butter
¾ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 Tablespoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper

Method of Preparation:

1. Boil the potatoes until they are soft and easy to mash. Drain the potatoes and place back into the pot they where cooked in.
2. Next heat the half & half in a small sauce pan and add to the potatoes.
3. Following that, begin mixing the potatoes with a whisk or handheld mixer and add in the Parmesan cheese, butter, & continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
4. Lastly, add the salt and pepper to the mix.
5. Finally, bowl in your favorite dish and serve with a smile.

Seasoned Green Beans

Yield: 2 pounds

Ingredients:

2 pounds Green Beans
1 cup chopped tomato
¼ cup lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper To Taste
1 teaspoon Butter
Method of Preparation:

Blanch green beans in boiling water for about 1 to 2 minutes or until al dente.
Next sauté the Green beans with the tomatoes and butter. Once tomatoes become soft, add the lemon juice and season to taste.

Smoked Tomato Bisque

Yield: 1 gallon
Ingredients:

1 1/2 Quart Vegetable Stock
8 ounces Tomato Paste
6 large beef steak tomatoes (Smoked)
15 ounce canned Tomatoes (Diced)
2 tablespoons Granulated Garlic
1 tablespoon Thyme
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons Hot Sauce
1 1/2 quart Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Cornstarch Slurry
dried flat leaf Parsley for garnish

Method of Preparation:

In a medium pot, heat vegetable stock. Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and smoked tomatoes. Blend with immersion blender. Add garlic, thyme, sugar and hot sauce. Finish with heavy cream and tighten with cornstarch slurry. Serve and garnish with parsley.

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tutto Italia Bechamel Sauce [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tutto Italia - Epcot, Italy[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 2 quarts [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients:
2 Quarts Milk
1 Stick Unsalted Butter
4 Ounces All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method of Preparation:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Once the butter is fully melted, add the flour, mixing completely together. Cook the mixture for at least one minute, stirring constantly. Add the milk into the mixture using a whisk. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tutto Italia Bolognese Sauce
Tutto Italia - Epcot, Italy
[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Each Yellow Onion, fine diced
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 Ribs Celery, fine diced
1 Each Carrots, fine diced
3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme Leaves
2 Each Bay Leaves
1 Pound Ground Beef
2 Cup Tutto Italia Pomodoro Sauce
1/2 Cup White Wine
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
2 teaspoons Ground Black pepper
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, over medium heat, cook carrots, onions, celery, and garlic till onions are clear and soft. Add the ground beef and cook all the way through, making sure to break it up as much as possible. Add the dried herbs, Pomodoro sauce, wine, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tutto Italia Pomodoro Sauce
[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 1 # Cans Imported Plum Tomatoes in Tomato Sauce
1 large Yellow Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Ground White Pepper
6 Leaves Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crush the tomatoes by hand in a large bowl, by squeezing them. Cook the onions in the olive oil until clear over medium heat in a heavy bottomed 12 quart sauce pan. Add the garlic and cook till just fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add basil leaves, and remove from heat. Serve. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tutto Italia Fresh Pasta
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 10 sheets [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 Cups All-Purpose Flour
8 Each Whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Salt
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a kitchen aid mixer with the dough hook attachment, add the eggs and salt. Turn the machine on speed 2, and slowly add flour, just enough at a time that the eggs absorb the flour. Once all the flour has been added, and the dough has formed, remove from the machine. Form into a ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cut into quarters, and press into flat discs, to feed into the pasta machine. Start at the highest number, and work you way down to number 3 for the lasagna. Pass the dough through that machine at least twice on each number. Cut into 13 inch long pieces, you should end up with roughly 10. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To Cook:
In a 12 quart sauce pot, bring cold salted water to a gentle boil. Blanch the pasta sheets one at time, until they just begin to float. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process, and layer between wax paper until ready for use. Then can be refrigerated over night after being cooked.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lasagna al Forno
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 10 portions [/FONT]
6 Each Fresh Pasta Sheets (pre cooked)
1/2 Cup Tutto Italia Pomodoro Sauce
2 Quarts Tutto Italian Bechemel Sauce
3 Quarts Tutto Italia Bolognese
4 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin olive Oil
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a deep 13x9 pan, evenly spread around the olive oil, and then add the pomodoro sauce, again evenly spreading across the bottom of the pan. Place you first pasta sheet , making sure to center it and firmly pressing it to the bottom of the pan. Place 2 cups of the Bolognese sauce in the pan and spread evenly across the pan using a spoon or rubber spatula, and sprinkle generously with the grated parmesan cheese. Place another pasta sheet on top of the Bolognese layer, again firmly pressing it down. Add 1 cup of Bechamel sauce to the pasta sheet and evenly spread it around. Sprinkle generously with the grated parmesan cheese. Repeat the process, continuing the alternating layers until all 6 layers are completed. On the final layer add the mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature has reach 165 degrees. Allow to rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Top with hot pomodoro sauce and more grated parmesan cheese.[/FONT]

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maine Lobster Roll
Food & Wine Festival, United States

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 4 servings [/FONT]
2 pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup finely chopped celery
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3/4 cup mayonnaise
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 hot dog-style buns
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup shredded romaine lettuce. [/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. In a large mixing bowl, combine lobster meat, onion, r ed pepper and celery. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Add mayonnaise, mustard and tarragon; mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Preheat the broiler. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Split open each bun and brush inside with one tablespoon butter. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Place buns on a baking pan, butter ed side up and broil until golden brown [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the lettuce on each bun and top with 1/2 cup of the lobster salad. [/FONT]

Index updated thru this post

Tatania

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Makes 1 dozen cookies

3/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons rum
1 stick of butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
1 1/4 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
3/4 cup oatmeal

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. Soak raisins in rum in a shallow bowl; set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Slowly add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in molasses.
4. Add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, granola, oatmeal and rum-soaked raisins. Mix thoroughly.
5. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between mounds.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.

tigsmom

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Makes 1 dozen cookies

3/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons rum
1 stick of butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
1 1/4 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
3/4 cup oatmeal

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. Soak raisins in rum in a shallow bowl; set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Slowly add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in molasses.
4. Add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, granola, oatmeal and rum-soaked raisins. Mix thoroughly.
5. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between mounds.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.

Those sound really good! Thanks!! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom