Recipe???

tigsmom

Yeah...the Eagle one is the one I got...hmmm...maybe I just need to go back to the drawing board and try them again. I think mine might have been too loaded or something...or too much butterscotch. And the ones from Disney had a more toasted coconut flavor. Kinda like the Samoas' girl scout cookies.

:lookaroun

Darn it! :lol:

Try toasting the coconut a bit before you put it on, that may help and a little butterscotch goes a long way. I like to mix the butterscotch and chocolate together. :slurp:

nibblesandbits

Try toasting the coconut a bit before you put it on, that may help and a little butterscotch goes a long way. I like to mix the butterscotch and chocolate together. :slurp:
k...I'm gonna ask the stupid question...but eh...where else would be better than among friends...how do you toast coconut by itself then? (*feels really dumb*...:lookaroun )

tigsmom

k...I'm gonna ask the stupid question...but eh...where else would be better than among friends...how do you toast coconut by itself then? (*feels really dumb*...:lookaroun )

You're not dumb at all!

Spread some out on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven at 325ish for a few minutes. Keep an eye on it as it will burn quickly. You can stir it around to make it even. I've seen people do the same in a non stick skillet, but I always burn it that way. :eek:

You can toast up some nuts that way too (yeah I know how that sounds).

nibblesandbits

You're not dumb at all!

Spread some out on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven at 325ish for a few minutes. Keep an eye on it as it will burn quickly. You can stir it around to make it even. I've seen people do the same in a non stick skillet, but I always burn it that way. :eek:

You can toast up some nuts that way too (yeah I know how that sounds).
That's what she said...:lookaroun

Thanks Mad! You rock! :kiss: I'll try making them again. Hopefully they turn out better this time.

tigsmom

That's what she said...:lookaroun

Thanks Mad! You rock! :kiss: I'll try making them again. Hopefully they turn out better this time.

They're full of gooey yumminess, how could they be bad? :lol:
I'm convinced it's the magic that is Disney that makes some of these dishes so wonderful....maybe it is pixie dust! :eek:

kdjf4

Juice at Tusker House

Does anyone know what kind of juice they serve at Donald's breakfast and is it the same as they serve at O'hana?

Is there a recipe or can you buy it out here in the real world?

Vernonpush

Does anyone know what kind of juice they serve at Donald's breakfast and is it the same as they serve at O'hana?

Is there a recipe or can you buy it out here in the real world?

rrrl06.jpg

?

kdjf4

Thanks VERNONPUSH, but it's not just orange juice, it is a mixture. The Donald duck OJ is probably what they serve in the other places.

kdjf4

Tusker House lists juice, no mention if it's a blend or not. 'Ohana lists orange juice specifically

The last two years I have been to Donald's Breakafast at Tusker House and Restaurantaurous. I think the juice was called Jumba(Jamba?) Juice, it was definitely NOT plain orange juice. I was also at O'hana and it seemed to me the jiuce was the same as at the AK. all other breakfast served OJ.
Whatever it was I thought it was really good!

tigsmom

The last two years I have been to Donald's Breakafast at Tusker House and Restaurantaurous. I think the juice was called Jumba(Jamba?) Juice, it was definitely NOT plain orange juice. I was also at O'hana and it seemed to me the jiuce was the same as at the AK. all other breakfast served OJ.
Whatever it was I thought it was really good!

Jamba Juice is the name of a smoothie chain and I see nothing along those lines on the menus. There is a recipe on page 7 called Frunch from Boma that is a mixture of juices, maybe that is it? I could see them serving something along those lines in the new Tusker House as they wanted it to be closer to the Boma menu. :shrug:

kdjf4

Next time I go I will remember to ask! After all the times I have been, you'd think I would have done that already! I guess I am easily distracted!

Tatania

Chicken Parmigiana

Does anyone have the recipe for the chicken parmigiana from Tony's Town Square??

Took a while to get this one.

Chicken Parmigiana
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, MK, WDW

1 Chicken Breast
3 oz Breading
3 oz Mozzarella
8 oz Marinara
2 oz Parmesan Cheese
6 oz Pasta
1 Egg
3 oz Flour

Breading

1 lb Bread Crumbs
1 oz Garlic, Granulated
2 oz Romano Cheese
2 oz Salt and Pepper

Take the chicken and place in flour, and then put the chicken into the beaten egg. After chicken is coated in egg mixture place in the breading and cover completely. In a pan over medium heat add oil and pan fry the chicken, when the chicken is done place on paper towel. Place some of the marinara on top of the chicken and then top with the mozzarella cheese and melt in the oven. Place cooked hot pasta in a bowl then place the rest of the sauce on top and then top with chicken.

The restaurant says: the cast has done their best to duplicate their creations for you with these recipes. Keep in mind, however, that you may need to season or adjust the chicken dish accordingly to achieve just the right taste for you.

mcjaco

I don't know if this has been added...but I found this in my Disney Hello and thought I'd share.

Lemon Garlic Shrimp
from Spoodles

Serves 6

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
36 large shrimp, deveined and butterflied
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped

Melt half the butter in a sauté pan. Add half the garlic and sauté until just golden.
Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes on each side until shrimp is almost done-pink, firm and slightly opaque.
Add lemon juice and remaining garlic and butter. Do not boil.
Season with salt and pepper; toss in parsley.
Delicious as an appetizer, or as a sauce for pasta.
Cooks' note: To butterfly shrimp, split down the center lengthwise, cutting almost, but not completely, through. Then open the two halves flat to resemble a butterfly shape.

I had this last week (at Spoodles), and it was awesome. They've added white wine to the sauce. Anyone know how much, and when to use it?

tigsmom

I had this last week (at Spoodles), and it was awesome. They've added white wine to the sauce. Anyone know how much, and when to use it?

I haven't seen an updated version, but I would add it in with the lemon juice and start with about 1/4 cup.

Tatania

Kona Café Sweet Bread

Kona Café Sweet Bread
Yield: 4 10 oz loaves

4 ¾ c.……………. AP Flour
Pinch.……………. Salt
¼ c…..……………Sugar
2 Tsp……………..Active Dry Yeast
3 Ea………………Eggs – Room Temp
¼ c….……………Pineapple Juice Concentrate
4 Tbsp……………Margarine - Softened
¾ c………….……Warm Water

1) Combine warm water, pineapple juice concentrate, margarine and eggs. Mix with the paddle attachment.
2) Combine dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Add to liquid ingredients and mix with dough hook.
3) Mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
4) Place dough in a large bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 2-3 hours.
5) Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
6) Divide the dough into 4 10oz portions and form into balls, cut an X about ½” deep into the top of each ball.
7) Cover and let rise for 45 minutes in the warmest part of you’re kitchen.
8) Bake at 325F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with the Macadamia Honey Butter.

Macadamia Honey Butter
YIELD: ½ lb.

1 stick Salted Butter
1 stick Salted Margarine
2 tablespoons Honey
4 each Macadamia Nuts

1. Preheat oven to 350°f.
2. Chop macadamia nuts in a food processor until they are chopped into small pieces.
3. Place the chopped nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes or until they are nicely toasted. Removed the nuts from the cookie sheet and allow them to cool.
4. Place butter & margarine in mixer and mix until whipped. Add chopped macadamia nuts and honey and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Place in a container and serve softened.

Hot Almond Joy
The Adventurer's Club (now closed), Downtown Disney

1 part Amaretto
1 part Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
Hot Cocoa (Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate works very well)

Add liquers to the hot cocoa. Serve garnished with whipped cream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom