Recipe???

BiggerTigger

Ok, Mad, you are going to have to put your thinking cap on for this one.

My mother remembers this sandwich that she bought around Tomorrowland in the early 80's. She said it contained various meats cut into strips and had some kind of italian dressing on it. That is all she can recall about it, any ideas? or available recipe?

You're the best. :kiss:

tigsmom

My mother remembers this sandwich that she bought around Tomorrowland in the early 80's. She said it contained various meats cut into strips and had some kind of italian dressing on it. That is all she can recall about it, any ideas? or available recipe?

No clue, but I'll to some digging. :lol:

I think that was the Handwich. It came in what resembled a hollowed out piece of bread. I think they served it at the Land Pavilion as well as new the Astro Orbiter.

tigsmom

I've done some research on the handwich and it seems that is the generic name for sandwiches sold in cone shaped breads, They were sold all over WDW and came in different varieties. (Walter Meyer, executive chef of the Walt Disney World Research Kitchen, helped to develop them) I'll keep digging. Thanks for the tip!

Found a discussion right her on Magic! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/archive/index.php?t-79739.html

BiggerTigger

I think that was the Handwich. It came in what resembled a hollowed out piece of bread. I think they served it at the Land Pavilion as well as new the Astro Orbiter.

I've done some research on the handwich and it seems that is the generic name for sandwiches sold in cone shaped breads, They were sold all over WDW and came in different varieties. (Walter Meyer, executive chef of the Walt Disney World Research Kitchen, helped to develop them) I'll keep digging. Thanks for the tip!

Found a discussion right her on Magic! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/archive/index.php?t-79739.html
You guys (and gal) are wonderful. I'll see what I can come up with, she was asking about it the other day and I thought I would see if someone had any information.

tigsmom

the website http://AllEars.net has recipes from most resort restaurants and parks. just a tidbit for anyone interested. On the bottom left hand side of that website, you'll find the link for WDW recipes......

sorry.... first click on dining.....then scroll down to WDW recipes.......

That is one of the sites we use to gather recipes. We have many recipes that have come directly from the chefs.

tigsmom

Found in today's Orlando Sentinel...

Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant's Portobello Beauty

Yield: 1 serving.

1 portobello mushroom, gills scraped
1 kaiser-style bun with caramelized onions baked on top, split
Olive oil for glazing
1 ounce Dubliner cheese (about 1 slice, see note)

Tomato chutney to taste (see note)

1. Grill mushroom until cooked through. In saute pan, briefly cook mushroom in oil to glaze.
2. Place slice of cheese on mushroom cap and place under broiler to melt cheese.
3. Serve on bun with chutney.

NOTE:

How to make the tomato chutney:

This is the 3-gallon yield from the restaurant. In a large square roasting pan, combine 14 pounds diced plum tomatoes, 4 peeled and chopped red onions, 1 pound brown sugar, 1 quart good-quality balsamic vinegar, 1 pound raisins and 1/4 cup blend of salt and pepper or to taste. Bring to a boil and cook until tomatoes are soft, but still bright red. Remove from pan and chill. Simmer until cooking liquid is reduced in volume by half. Chill again. Recipe can be cut to 1/3 with good results.

Dabeast

sci fi ribs

Just wondering if anyone has the recipe for the Smoked Baby Back Ribs from Sci-Fi Theater? There's a rub and a bbq sauce that goes with it. I searched this thread, and did a search on wdwmagic, but couldn't find it. I greatly appreciate any help...Thanks in advance...Have a Magical Day!!

EmOhYouEssE

Someone on another thread asked me to post these over here. Hope it's ok. ('Ohana Bread pudding and Pinapple breakfast bread).

Ohana Bread Pudding:

Ingredients[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

5 eggs
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups french or 'Ohana breakfast bread
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BANANA FOSTER SAUCE
4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1cup spiced rum
1cup banana slices
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Add spiced rum and flambe.

3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
[/FONT]

Ohana Breakfast bread to use for the pudding:
Yield 1 - 9" x 13" cake pan

Ingredients

1 3/4 C. Water
1 Egg Yolk
2 T. Shortening
4 1/2 C. High Gluten Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 C Sugar
1 T. Instant Yeast

Coconut Mixture

1 C. Crushed pineapple
1 C. Unsweetened coconut
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Cornstarch

Pinapple/Coconut Method

1. Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.

2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.

3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.

4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Bread Method

1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until
dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.

2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.

3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.

4. Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.

5. Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.

6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.

7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) - about half way up the pan.

8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

9. Let bread cool, cut and serve

SewIn2Disney

I'm not sure if it's me, but the link for the index comes up as a white page.
Is it another thread? If so, what is the name of it? Maybe I can go through the search feature and find it.
Thanks!

tigsmom

I'm not sure if it's me, but the link for the index comes up as a white page.
Is it another thread? If so, what is the name of it? Maybe I can go through the search feature and find it.
Thanks!

Oh $#%&* ! I hope it doesn't come up blank for everyone, I can see it just fine. It's called the Disney Recipe Thread Index

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=345302

There is an explanation post and then the next post is the resorts

SewIn2Disney

Oh $#%&* ! I hope it doesn't come up blank for everyone, I can see it just fine. It's called the Disney Recipe Thread Index

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=345302

There is an explanation post and then the next post is the resorts
Got it now! Thank you!
That looks awesome! This is going to be so much better then the PM's with the updates, now it'll all be in one location.
Hmmm....what to make first?

Tatania

Thanks so much for doing this - it will make it so much easier to know whether a recipe has been posted or not.

Currently, I'm on the road a lot so haven't had time to request recipes from Disney and hopefully other people will be able to snag some new recipes either a Disney World or from guest relations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom