Recipe???

tigsmom

Its served at Let's Go Slurpin' right off of the wave pool, an awesome drink. Its very sweet, I know it has melon liqueur and coconut milk maybe, I just don't know what else is in it and how much of each ingredient.:( lol. Ive searched just about everywhere for the recipe.

Ok, you needed to be more specific because there is a restaurant by the same name.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Typhoon Tilly - frozen coconut, pineapple juice with blue curacao, melon liqueur, banana liqueur and coconut rum

I'll try to find the specific amounts for ya, but I don't remember seeing too many recipes from there. :wave:
[/FONT]

Tatania

Allearsnet.com has added some new recipes. They must be very backed up as they just posted the Pretoria Punch and Passion Fruit Cheescake recipe I sent them before last summer
banana.gif
The Sopa Azteca they posted is from Cooking with Mickey Volume II

Watermelon & Tomato Salad
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 12 servings

4 pounds watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
¾ pound Grape Tomatoes, halved
6 ounces Blue Cheese, crumbled
6 ounces Scallions, minced
3 ounces Olive Oil
3 ounces Sherry Vinegar
1 ounce Parsley, rough chopped
Pinch Cayenne Pepper

1. Combine the watermelon, tomatoes, cheese, scallions, and salt in a bowl.
2. Whisk or blend together the olive oil, vinegar, and cayenne pepper.
3. To serve, dress the salad with this mixture and garnish with the parsley. Do not refrigerate and serve within 30 minutes.

MagicKingdomMap

I am new to this thread and I must first say that WOW Tigsmom you are awesome for all the hard work you do. I can't wait to go back to Disney in June, I go at least 2-3 times a year and reading all these posts is making me want to go right now....I was wondering if you can look for the recipe for Auntie Gravity's Cappuccino Smoothie. It's in the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland...they are awesome, and I am sure it is pretty easy to make, it's just a smoothie, but i have been craving one since I got home from Disney in August,....Any help would be appreciated...I already emailed guest relations, no reply as of yet..thanks again!

tigsmom

I am new to this thread and I must first say that WOW Tigsmom you are awesome for all the hard work you do. I can't wait to go back to Disney in June, I go at least 2-3 times a year and reading all these posts is making me want to go right now....I was wondering if you can look for the recipe for Auntie Gravity's Cappuccino Smoothie. It's in the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland...they are awesome, and I am sure it is pretty easy to make, it's just a smoothie, but i have been craving one since I got home from Disney in August,....Any help would be appreciated...I already emailed guest relations, no reply as of yet..thanks again!

:wave:

I don't think I've ever seen any recipes from there, but I'll look and see what I can find. Should you hear back from guest relations please let us know.

Tatania

Tigsmom, I can't remember where the index for this thread is. Before i post more recipes I wanted to have a look at what's been posted. Would it be possible to move the Index and the request list to page 1 of this thread so it's easy to find?

tigsmom

Tigsmom, I can't remember where the index for this thread is. Before i post more recipes I wanted to have a look at what's been posted. Would it be possible to move the Index and the request list to page 1 of this thread so it's easy to find?

Its not posted, but I do have a master list and I'd be happy to email it to you. Its a Word document and too big to go thru the PM system; if you PM me your email address I'll send it right out.

I can't put it on the first page as I did not start the thread so I can't edit. :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Its not posted, but I do have a master list and I'd be happy to email it to you. Its a Word document and too big to go thru the PM system; if you PM me your email address I'll send it right out.

I can't put it on the first page as I did not start the thread so I can't edit. :wave:

Perhaps Steve could make you a moderator of this thread...or section!

Tatania

Perhaps Steve could make you a moderator of this thread...or section!
That would be great as I don't actually need the index except to not post duplicate recipes. As the thread grows it gets harder to find the recipes and an index would need to be updated as new recipes get added.

Tatania

Colpucinno (Frothy Colcannon soup)

Colpucinni_Raglan.jpg

Colpucinno (Frothy Colcannon soup)

Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant, Pleasure Island (from Chef Kevin Dundon)
Serves 4 - 6

Soup:
2 oz (50 g) rindless streaky bacon, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
8 ounces potatoes, diced
1 leek, thinly sliced
5 ounces Savoy cabbage, thick stalks removed and shredded
3 cups Kitchen Garden Vegetable stock (see recipe above) or water
2/3 cup (150 ml) cream
1/4 stick (1 oz) butter, diced (at room temperature)
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a large pan and sauté the bacon over a medium to high heat for a couple of minutes until the fat comes out. Stir in the onion, potatoes, leek and cabbage, then cover with a lid and sweat over a medium heat for 10 minutes until well softened but not colored, stirring occasionally.
Pour the vegetable stock or water into the cabbage mixture and bring to a boil, then season to taste. Stir in cream and simmer for a few minutes until the soup has a creamy texture.
To serve, remove the soup from the heat and whisk in the butter. It is important not to re-boil the soup once the butter has been added or you'll find it will curdle. Ladle the colcannon soup into cappuccino cups or warmed serving bowls and serve with a cheese straw to the side. (recipe below).

Cheese Straws
6 oz sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
plain flour, for dusting
2 ounces Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tsp. water

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle over the cheddar in an even layer. Fold in half widthways to enclose the cheese layer completely and roll out again to its original size, using a little extra flour if necessary. Brush all over with the beaten egg and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
Take the chilled cheese pastry and cut it into 4 in lengths, each 1/2" wide. Hold the ends of each strip between your fingers and twist the ends in opposite directions. Arrange the twisted strips on nonstick baking sheets and sprinkle a little salt over each one. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: These are a fantastic canapé and perfect to kick-start any dinner party. They can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Crisp in a preheated oven at 400°F for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.

Tatania

Goats Town (Irish Goat's Cheese and Wild Mushroom Terrine)

GoatsTown.jpg

Goats Town (Irish Goat's Cheese and Wild Mushroom Terrine)
Raglan Road Pub and Restaurant, Pleasure Island (from Chef Kevin Dundon)
Serves 4 - 6

1 1/4 Tbsp olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
6 oz forest mushrooms, chopped (such as chanterelle, oyster, and shiitake)
8 ounces soft goat's cheese, crumbled (from a log)
1 1/4 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1 1/4 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 poached pear, quartered and fanned out (recipe below)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh marjoram sprigs to garnish, optional
4 wafer-thin slices caramelized onion crostini (recipe below)
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until softened but not colored. Add the mushrooms, season generously and continue to sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until tender and all of the excess liquid has evaporated from the pan.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the goats cheese with the mustard, parsley and a good grinding of pepper. Stir gently for a minute or two until some of the goat's cheese has just started to melt, tossing the pan occasionally. Be careful not to overcook this or you'll end up with a processed cheese-type finish.
Transfer the goats cheese mixture into a 1 pint loaf tin that is lined with cling wrap. Leave to cool completely, then cover with more Saran wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight is best, to firm up.
To serve, turn the terrine out onto a chopping board and peel away the cling wrap, then cut into individual slices. Arrange on serving plates with the fanned out poached pear. Garnish with the marjoram sprigs and serve with crostini.

Poached Pears (this recipe makes 4 poached pears)
4 firm, ripe pears
1 small lemon, cut into quarters
1 small orange, cut into quarters
1 cup plus two tablespoons sugar
2 1/4 cups red wine

To poach the pears - peel the pears, leaving the stalks in place and remove the cores. Stand them upright in a pan that fits comfortably and add the lemon, orange, sugar and wine. Add a little water if the pears are not completely covered in liquid and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 40 to 45 minutes, until completely tender. Remove from the heat and leave to cool in the liquid for at least two hours or the next day is best to allow the flavors to infuse. To serve, fan out the pears, and arrange on serving plates.

Caramelized Onion Bread (for Crostini)
3 cups (3/4 lb) strong unbleached white flour, plus extra for dusting
1 - 1/4 oz packet of dried yeast
11 oz hand-hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
olive oil, for greasing
1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tsp. water
4 tsp. onion marmalade (recipe below)

Place the flour in the bowl of a food mixer fitted with a dough attachment if you have one. Add the yeast, hand- hot water and salt. Switch on the machine and mix until you have a very sloppy dough. You can also do this by hand and mix with your fingers for 2 -3 minutes, then knead to incorporate the flour, scraping the sides of the bowl and folding the dough over itself until it gathers into a rough mass.
Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface; lightly flour your hands. Knead for 6 -8 minutes until the dough is smooth and pliable. The dough will be very sticky at first; keep your hands and work surface lightly floured, using a dough scraper if necessary to prevent it from sticking and building up on the work surface. As you continue kneading, the dough will become more elastic and easier to handle. Shape into the loose ball, then return it to a clean bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
Turn the dough out again onto a well floured surface and knead for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes springy and very smooth. Shape into a loose ball and place it in a lightly oiled large bowl. Turn to coat the dough with the oil and cover tightly with cling wrap. Leave to rise at room temperature for1 hour, or until a slightly puffy but has not doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the dough from the bowl and former into an oval shaped loaf. Brush with beaten egg and then spoon the onion marmalade on top. Bake for 45 minutes until the loaf is a deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool before using. (This makes a small loaf and can be doubled to make 1 large loaf of bread).
To make the crostini, preheat a grill or a griddle pan and toast thin slices of caramelized onion bread - preferably 1 day old - on both sides. Remove from the heat and immediately rub 1 side with a halved garlic clove. Drizzle over a little olive oil to finish. Don't be tempted to make these too far in advance, as the bread goes soggy.

Onion Marmalade (makes 1 1/3 cups)
4 red onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
dash grenadine syrup

Place the onions and sugar in a heavy-based pan and cook over a gentle heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the onions have softened and the sugar has completely dissolved, stirring regularly.Stir the red wine vinegar and wine into the onion and sugar mixture. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes until the marmalade as well thickened and slightly sticky. All the liquid should be just about gone. Add the grenadine and mix well. Then leave to cool completely.
If you're not planning on using the onion marmelade immediately, transfer to a bowl, cover with Saran wrap and chill until needed. It will keep like this for up to1 week in the fridge.
Chef’s Note: this is one of my essentials and streets ahead of anything you can buy. It has so many different uses. Try it in sandwiches or stirred into creamy mashed potatoes, or serve with cold meats etc.

Tatania

Rigatoni Fiesolana & Flourless Chocolate Cake

I've never seen All Ears Net update as frequently as these past days. Some of the recipes I submitted in Jan. are up and a couple new ones I didn't have yet.

Rigatoni Fiesolana
Spoodles, Boardwalk
Yield: 6 servings

1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ pound ground sausage
½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 each Portobello mushroom, sliced
2 cups your favorite marinara sauce
¼ cup heavy cream
pinch fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound cooked rigatoni noodles
¼ cup parmesan cheese

Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the sausage and cook until nicely browned and cooked through. Add garlic and stir to mix well. Add the mushrooms, stirring frequently, to allow mushrooms to wilt. Add marinara and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the basil, salt and pepper, stirring to incorporate. Taste the sauce to adjust seasonings if necessary. Add rigatoni noodles and toss to coat with the sauce. Top with cheese and serve.

Flourless Chocolate Cake
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 1 cake

12 ounces Butter
2 1/8 cups (17 ounces) Sugar
9 each Eggs
12 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 pound Almond Flour
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
Cream butter and sugar together. Slowly add in the eggs. Melt the chocolate morsels and add to mixture. Mix in the flour and baking powder.
Grease a 10” square cake pan. Bake at 300 degrees F for one hour and ten minutes. Let cool completely before unmolding. Cover with chocolate ganache and serve.
Chocolate Ganache
16 ounces Heavy Cream
16 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Sugar

Heat heavy cream and sugar to a boil. Remove from stove. Pour in chocolate pieces. Let sit for five minutes before stirring. Cover cake with ganache while still warm.

Tatania

Kevin’s Heavenly Ham

HeavenlyHam.jpg

Kevin’s Heavenly Ham (Oven Roasted Loin of Ham with an Irish Mist glaze with potato cakes and braised cabbage.)
Raglan Road Restaurant, Pleasure Island (Chef Kevin’s signature dish)
Servings: 4

Preparation Time: 50 minutes, plus 1 hour minimum chilling time for potato cakes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 50 minutes

For the bacon

900g bacon loin (Canadian Back Bacon)
2 1/2 tbsp whiskey, Irish Mist
5 tbsp Honey
100ml (3 ½ fluid oz) cider
12 whole Cloves
¼ stick (1 oz) butter
2 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
8 small Savoy cabbage leaves, trimmed down into cups

For the Potato Cakes

1 lb Potatoes, well scrubbed
1 egg yolk
¼ cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
Salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Place loin of bacon in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, until completely tender.
2. To make the potato cakes, cover the potatoes with cold water in a pan and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain in a colander and leave to cool completely.
3. Peel away the skins and grate the potatoes into a bowl. Add the egg yolk and sprinkle in the flour. Season generously and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties using a 4 in. cooking ring or pastry cutting ring, using a little extra flour for dusting if necessary. Arrange on a flat plate, cover loosely with cling film and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours, to firm up.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the Irish Mist into a saucepan with the honey and cider. Heat gently until the honey has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the loin of bacon from the water and leave until cool enough to handle then trim away the rind and excess fat. Slash the remaining thin layer of fat in a criss-cross pattern and stud with cloves.
5. Place the clove-studded bacon in a small roasting tin and brush all over with the Irish Mist glaze, pouring any remainder around the joint. Bake for 15-20 minutes until completely heated through and well glazed, basting occasionally.
6. Remove the bacon from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add a of the butter and once it is foaming, add the potato cakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until warmed through and golden brown. Blanch the cabbage cups in a pan of boiling salted water, until just tender but still holding their shape. Drain well and toss in the remaining of butter. Season to taste.
7. To serve - carve the bacon into slices. Place a potato cake on each of 4 warmed serving plates, and arrange the slices of meat on top. Add the Savoy cabbage cups, drizzle with any remaining glaze left in the tin and serve.

Cooks Note: Most bacon loin does not need to be soaked overnight but it's probably worth checking with your butcher. If the bacon is very salty there will be a white froth on top of the water when you boil it. In this case it is preferable to discard this water. It may be necessary to change the water several times depending on how salty the bacon is.

mpoppins217

I'm so glad I found this thread! I was wondering, though, does anyone have a master compilation of all the recipes with an index? I got through about 15 pages and my eyes are killing me so it would be a lot easier if someone could send something like that to me. If you have it PM and I'll send you my email address so you can send it to me.

Thanks! :wave:

Tatania

Raglan Road recipes

The Raglan Road menu has made some changes since the restaurant opened in Oct. 2005 and in the past days, I've been posting some recipes from the current menu.
Here is the menu of the 05/06 menu http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/menuraglan.html ;

I have several of the recipes from this past menu and will list them below. If there are any the members want me to transcribe, please let me know which ones and I'll do it. Otherwise I don't want to fill the thread with recipes no one is interested in.

Smart Salmon, Pint of Prawns, Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie, Raglan Rack, Prawn Idol, It's Not Bleedin' Chowder, Celtic Chique, Rising Road, Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise, Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble & Baileys Coffee Cream Pot.

tigsmom

The Raglan Road menu has made some changes since the restaurant opened in Oct. 2005 and in the past days, I've been posting some recipes from the current menu.
Here is the menu of the 05/06 menu http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/menuraglan.html ;

I have several of the recipes from this past menu and will list them below. If there are any the members want me to transcribe, please let me know which ones and I'll do it. Otherwise I don't want to fill the thread with recipes no one is interested in.

Smart Salmon, Pint of Prawns, Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie, Raglan Rack, Prawn Idol, It's Not Bleedin' Chowder, Celtic Chique, Rising Road, Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise, Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble & Baileys Coffee Cream Pot.

I'm interested in the Bailey's Coffee Cream Pot :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom