4 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package of gelatin, bloomed
7 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
Garnish: Two Chocolate Coins and Oreo Cookies
Special equipment: an instant-read thermometer
Method of Preparation
Heat 3/4 cup cream in a 1-quart heavy saucepan until hot. Whisk> together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream and gelatin in a slow stream, whisking until combined. Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until it registers 160°F on thermometer. Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and stir in vanilla.
Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of
simmering water (or in a glass bowl in a microwave at 50 percent power
3 to 5 minutes), stirring frequently. Whisk custard into chocolate until smooth, then cool.
Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Whisk one fourth of cream into chocolate custard to lighten, then fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly.
Spoon mousse into small cups and let set then at the Oreo cookie.
Once completely set demold and add the two chocolate coins to the top
as a garnish

nibblesandbits

For Nibbs ...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mickey Mousse Dome

Chef Mickey's
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Contemporary Resort

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients
2 cups chilled heavy cream
4 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package of gelatin, bloomed
7 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped

Garnish: Two Chocolate Coins and Oreo Cookies
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Special equipment: an instant-read thermometer

Method of Preparation
Heat 3/4 cup cream in a 1-quart heavy saucepan until hot. Whisk> together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream and gelatin in a slow stream, whisking until combined. Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until it registers 160°F on thermometer. Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and stir in vanilla.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of
simmering water (or in a glass bowl in a microwave at 50 percent power
3 to 5 minutes), stirring frequently. Whisk custard into chocolate until smooth, then cool.

Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Whisk one fourth of cream into chocolate custard to lighten, then fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly.

Spoon mousse into small cups and let set then at the Oreo cookie.
Once completely set demold and add the two chocolate coins to the top
as a garnish
[/FONT]​
OMG! Mad, thank you so much! And thanks for remember that I asked for this!!!! They are delish!!! :slurp:

Now I have to figure out when to make them...and how...b/c I'm definitely not the world's best cook. :lol:

tigsmom

OMG! Mad, thank you so much! And thanks for remember that I asked for this!!!! They are delish!!! :slurp:

Now I have to figure out when to make them...and how...b/c I'm definitely not the world's best cook. :lol:

When I saw the recipe I was sooo happy! These look great and I'm thinking I need to make some too! :D

tigsmom

Coconut Almond Chicken
Kona Cafe
Polynesian Resort
Yield: 4 portions

Ingredients:

4 half (1/3 pound each) Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1 ounce Almond breading
1 ounce Coconut Marinade

For the Salad:

6 Cups Asian Greens Mix
1 Cup Golden Pineapple, large dice
1 Cup Strawberries, quartered
½ Cup Carrots, julienne cut
12 each Mint leaves, torn in pieces
1 Cup Honey-lime Dressing
½ Cup Almonds, sliced, toasted
4 each Lime wedges, quartered
½ Cup Mango Puree
½ Cup Coco Lopez
Pinch to taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Pinch to taste Kosher Salt

For the Dressing:

¼ Cup Honey
¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
¼ Cup Canola Oil
¼ Cup Lime juice, fresh
Pinch to taste Kosher Salt
Pinch to taste Freshly Ground black Pepper

For the Coconut Marinade:

½ Cup Whole Eggs, mixed well
½ Cup Coconut Milk
½ teaspoon Pataks brand curry paste
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt

For the Almond Breading:

½ cup Flour, all purpose
1 Cup Almonds, sliced, chopped
½ Cup Coconut Desiccated unsweetened
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt

Method of preparation:

Mix all ingredients for the salad season with salt and black pepper, mix all ingredients for dressing and add to the salad. Toss well to make sure all salad is coated with dressing.

Trim, pound chicken breast halves. Mix ingredients for marinade, place chicken in for 1-2 hours.

In a seasoned pan, place small amount of canola oil. Dredge marinated chicken in the almond flour mix, sauté until golden, turn and place in a 400-degree oven and cook until golden and firm (minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Season chicken with Kosher salt after removing from the oven.

Divide salad among four plates; lay chicken partially on the salad, and drizzle chicken with mango puree and Coco Lopez using squeeze bottles with a fine tip. Garnish each plate with a few toasted almond slices and a lime wedge.

Apple Cobbler​
Liberty Tree Tavern​
Magic Kingdom​

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.​
Pie Crust Dough:​
3 ½ cups all purpose flour​
2 tablespoons sugar​
1 teaspoon salt​
2 sticks unsalted butter cut into ¼ inch pieces​
4 tablespoons Crisco – Vegetable​
Shortening Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a large bowl Using your fingers, work in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and work with your fingers until the water is incorporated and the dough comes together. Add more water if needed.​
Spray the inside of a 9x13x2 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with a​
non-stick coating. Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface and line the baking dish with dough (as for an apple pie)​
Apple Filling:​
4 pounds Baking Apples – Golden Delicious​
½ cup Sugar​
1 ½ cups Brown sugar​
½ teaspoon Nutmeg – ground​
½ cup Flour​
Sift dry ingredients together. Put apples in a small saucepan and cook​
over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add dry ingredients and cook until​
apples are soft and ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Remove apples​
from heat and chill thoroughly. Place cooled apple filling into dish.​
Cream Cheese Filling:​
8 ounces Cream cheese – softened at room temperature​
1 each large egg​
2/3 cup sugar​
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract​
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Top apples with cream cheese mixture and swirl into apples slightly.​
Oatmeal Streusel:​
¾ cup All –purpose flour​
½ teaspoon Cinnamon – ground​
½ cup Brown Sugar – packed​
¾ cup Rolled Oats​
½ cup Butter – Unsalted​
Spread streusel mixture evenly over top of apple/cream cheese mixture.​
Bake in center of oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.​

tigsmom

Frozen Sunshine
Beaches & Cream,Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

Ingredients:

1 Scoop vanilla ice cream
2 scoops orange sherbet
Seltzer
Whipped cream
6 Candy orange slices

Directions:

Put 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and 2 scoops orange sherbet in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour seltzer into glass, add ice cream/sherbet mixture & top with whipped cream and candy orange slices.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Frozen Sunshine
Beaches & Cream,Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

Ingredients:

1 Scoop vanilla ice cream
2 scoops orange sherbet
Seltzer
Whipped cream
6 Candy orange slices

Directions:

Put 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and 2 scoops orange sherbet in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass, top with whipped cream and candy orange slices.

Does anyone know when the seltzer goes in???? Belle

tigsmom

Does anyone know when the seltzer goes in???? Belle

I hate partial recipes! :fork: Sorry I didn't catch that when I posted. I'm going to say you put the seltzer in first, then the ice cream/sherbet and then the whipped cream and candy orange slices. It is just like making a float. I'll do an edit.

Tatania

Pork Rib Rub

Hoop Dee Doo Review
Fort Wilderness

yield: 3 ½ cups—enough to season 8 racks of ribs​

Ingredients:

3 ¼ cups sugar

1 cup paprika

¼ cup salt

½ cup onion powder

2 ½ tablespoons chili powder

2 ½ tablespoons black pepper

1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger

1 ½ tablespoons dried thyme

tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon cumin powder

1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper

1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard

¾ teaspoon celery salt​

Mix all ingredients together well. .

Store in an airtight container.

Keeps well for 6 weeks​

I was comparing this to the version in the 2004 cookbook ( Cooking with Mickey and the Disney chefs), and noticed 2 corrections.

3 ¼ cups sugar
1 cup paprika
¼ cup salt
½ cup granulated onion powder
¼ cup dried marjoram
2 ½ tablespoons chili powder
2 ½ tablespoons black pepper
1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
1 ½ tablespoons dried thyme
1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
¾ teaspoon celery salt

Mix all ingredients together well. Store in an airtight container. Keeps well for 6 weeks and can be used on chicken, smoked pork butts and to season grilled pork chops.

Tatania

Durban-style Flank Steak and Marinade

Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs, 2004)
Yield 1 1/4 quarts

1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup malt vinegar
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons ground cardamom
3 tablespoons ground coriander
3 tablespoons ground turmeric
3 tablespoons dried thyme
3 tablespoons crushed red pepper
1 flank steak (3 - 5 pounds)

In a large bowl, mix Worcestershire, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, malt vinegar, and safflower oil. Whisk in ginger, garlic, sugar, cardamom, coriander, turmeric, thyme, and red pepper. Add flank steak and marinade for 24 hours.
Over medium-high heat (preferably an open fire for the best flavor), sear the flank steak until the meat easy releases from the grill or pan. Turn and sear the other side. Cook for 10 - 12 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across grain of meat and serve.
Cooks Note: marinade can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. The grill needs to be red-hot - you should hear the steak sizzle when it hits the grill.

Tatania

Basil-Crusted Lamb with Bean Ragoŭt

Basil-Crusted Lamb with Bean Ragoŭt
Citricos, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort (from Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs, 2004)
Yield: 4 servings

Lamb
1 rack of lamb (8 ribs) (Have the butcher "French" the lamb, exposing the ends of the rib bones.)
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 slices of white bread
6 tablespoons Pesto (recipe below)
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet, until smoky. Sear the lamb about 2 minutes on each side, until nicely browned all over. Remove the lamb and set aside.
Process the bread slices in a food processor until fine breadcrumbs form. Combine the bread crumbs with 6 tablespoons of Pesto until mixture resembles a soft dough. Coat the top of the lamb rack with Dijon mustard. Pat the dough over the mustard, covering the entire length of the rack. Place the lamb in this skillet, dough side up.
Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until medium rare (145° F in internal temperature). Remove from the skillet and let rest 10 minutes before carving.

Pesto
5 cups fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.

Bean Ragoŭt
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, julienne
2 cups cooked white beans (cannellini or Great Northern)
2 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper, julienne
3 cups packed spinach leaves
2 tablespoons Pesto
1 tablespoon sweet butter
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté about three minutes, until wilted. Add the beans and red peppers. Heat through. Add the spinach and cook about 1 minute, until wilted. Stir in Pesto and butter, and season with salt and pepper.
To serve: place the beans on a warm plate, carve the lamb into chops, and arrange chops beside the beans. This goes well with a New World Shiraz or in Italian Barolo.

tigsmom

Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs, 2004)
Yield 1 1/4 quarts

1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup malt vinegar
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons ground cardamom
3 tablespoons ground coriander
3 tablespoons ground turmeric
3 tablespoons dried thyme
3 tablespoons crushed red pepper
1 flank steak (3 - 5 pounds)

In a large bowl, mix Worcestershire, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, malt vinegar, and safflower oil. Whisk in ginger, garlic, sugar, cardamom, coriander, turmeric, thyme, and red pepper. Add flank steak and marinade for 24 hours.
Over medium-high heat (preferably an open fire for the best flavor), sear the flank steak until the meat easy releases from the grill or pan. Turn and sear the other side. Cook for 10 - 12 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across grain of meat and serve.
Cooks Note: marinade can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. The grill needs to be red-hot - you should hear the steak sizzle when it hits the grill.

Loved the Durban chicken so I'll give this one a try. :king:

ExCastMember

France: Goat Cheese & Tomato Tart

Food & Wine Festival:

1 package puff pastry
1 large red tomato, sliced
1 large yellow tomato, sliced
1/2 cup fresh goat cheese (chevre)
Fresh basil, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Roll out pastry into a circle. Alternately layer the red and yellow tomatoes. Crumble the cheese on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt & pepper. Bake 15 minutes.

tigsmom

Food & Wine Festival:

1 package puff pastry
Fresh basil, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350. Roll out pastry into a circle. Alternately layer the red and yellow tomatoes. Crumble the cheese on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt & pepper. Bake 15 minutes.

That sounds yummy! Nice for a party of a a quick and light dinner.

Thanks! :king:

Tatania

Food & Wine Festival:

1 package puff pastry
Fresh basil, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil

I made this for a dinner party and it was not a big hit because I think I rolled my puff pastry too thin or something. It was really soggy and guests couldn't pick up the squares as they fell apart. I guess the key is not to roll the crust too thin.

tigsmom

I made this for a dinner party and it was not a big hit because I think I rolled my puff pastry too thin or something. It was really soggy and guests couldn't pick up the squares as they fell apart. I guess the key is not to roll the crust too thin.

Another thing to do would be to seed the tomatoes so most of the juice would be gone. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom