cocoa powder, for dusting

For the shortbread cookies

1 1/2 cups plain flour, plus a little extra
pinch salt
1 stick (4 oz) butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
Optional - chocolate curls and spun sugar corkscrews, to decorate

Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks have formed. Place the Bailey's Irish cream in a bowl with the espresso, mascarpone cheese and icing sugar. Beat until well combined, then fold in the cream. Divide between 4 X 7 fluid oz ramekins or cups and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight if convenient.

To make the shortbread cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar in a separate bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly beat in the egg and then worked in the sifted flour until you have achieved a fairly soft dough.
Knead the dough lightly on a lightly floured work surface, then roll out to 1/4" thickness. Using a heart-shaped cutter, stamp out cookies, and then arrange them on nonstick baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through and lightly golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.

To serve, arrange the Bailey's Cream Pots on serving plates and decorate with chocolate curls and spun sugar corkscrews. Add the shortbread biscuits and dust lightly with icing sugar and cocoa powder.

Sugar corkscrew: To make spun sugar corkscrews, place 1/2 cup caster sugar in a heavy-based pan over a low heat and heat gently to dissolve. Bring to a boil and boil fast until the resulting syrup begins to turn pale brown, gently swirling the pan to ensure even cooking. When the caramel is rich golden brown, dip the base of the pan into a sink of cool water to prevent further cooking. Using a clean, small metal spoon and a knife-sharpening steel, dip the spoon into the caramel and lift it out again, then twist it around the steel to create some corkscrews. Use within one hour.
Chocolate curls: place 3 ounces of plain chocolate (at least 50% cocoa solids) in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and heat gently until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and stir in an additional 1 oz of chocolate. Continue to stir until the chocolate is smooth and glossy. This will help temper the chocolate. Pour the chocolate onto a very cold marble slab and allow to set at room temperature. If you put it in the fridge the chocolate will lose its wonderful sheen. Using a large sharp knife, pare long curls off the surface of the hardened chocolate, carefully adjusting the angle of the knife as you work.

Note: I've made this recipe twice (minus the cookies), and it's fantastic. The second time I used Baileys Caramel Cream and liked it even better. This tastes as luscious as it looks.

mpoppins217

Requests

I have two requests (that I have a feeling are not out there but I figured I would give it a shot).
First is from Olivia's at Key West: it was a barbecue/pulled pork sandwich. It wasn't on the menu but was told as a special for the day and was delicious so I would love to know how they did the pork.
Second is from Hollywood and Vine, something that they used to have on their menus but as of my trip february was gone: their rootbeer sweet potatos.

Anyone with these would be much appreciated! :wave:

brkgnews

I have two requests (that I have a feeling are not out there but I figured I would give it a shot).
First is from Olivia's at Key West: it was a barbecue/pulled pork sandwich. It wasn't on the menu but was told as a special for the day and was delicious so I would love to know how they did the pork.
Second is from Hollywood and Vine, something that they used to have on their menus but as of my trip february was gone: their rootbeer sweet potatos.

Don't know for sure about root beer sweet potatoes, but I have seen a recipe (probably on this thread) for root beer spiced apples that might be able to be modified.

tigsmom

There are very few recipes out there from Olivia's and finding one that was a special will be next to impossible.
Here is the root beer potatoes though:

Root Beer Sweet Potatoes
from Hollywood and Vine, Disney-MGM Studios

16 oz. Root Beer
4 oz. Early Times (whiskey)
1 oz Lemon Juice
dash Ground Cloves
1.5 oz Corn Starch (mix cornstarch w/water)
2 oz Water
3 oz Brown Sugar
1 oz Butter

Sweet Potatoes:
Peel and slice sweet potatoes. Bake in buttered pan 20-30 minutes until tender. Remove plate and pour sauce over sweet potatoes.

Sauce:
Bring all ingredients to boil except cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch and water at first boil. Let thicken. Remove and serve over sliced sweet potatoes.

tigsmom

CreamPot.jpg

Baileys Coffee Cream Pots

Raglan Road, Downtown Disney

Serves 4

1 1/3 cups cream
5 tablespoons Bailey's Irish cream
1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso, cooled
9 ounce (250 g) carton mascarpone cheese
2 1/2 tablespoon sifted icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
cocoa powder, for dusting

For the shortbread cookies

1 1/2 cups plain flour, plus a little extra
pinch salt
1 stick (4 oz) butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
Optional - chocolate curls and spun sugar corkscrews, to decorate

Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks have formed. Place the Bailey's Irish cream in a bowl with the espresso, mascarpone cheese and icing sugar. Beat until well combined, then fold in the cream. Divide between 4 X 7 fluid oz ramekins or cups and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight if convenient.

To make the shortbread cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar in a separate bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly beat in the egg and then worked in the sifted flour until you have achieved a fairly soft dough.
Knead the dough lightly on a lightly floured work surface, then roll out to 1/4" thickness. Using a heart-shaped cutter, stamp out cookies, and then arrange them on nonstick baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through and lightly golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.

To serve, arrange the Bailey's Cream Pots on serving plates and decorate with chocolate curls and spun sugar corkscrews. Add the shortbread biscuits and dust lightly with icing sugar and cocoa powder.

Sugar corkscrew: To make spun sugar corkscrews, place 1/2 cup caster sugar in a heavy-based pan over a low heat and heat gently to dissolve. Bring to a boil and boil fast until the resulting syrup begins to turn pale brown, gently swirling the pan to ensure even cooking. When the caramel is rich golden brown, dip the base of the pan into a sink of cool water to prevent further cooking. Using a clean, small metal spoon and a knife-sharpening steel, dip the spoon into the caramel and lift it out again, then twist it around the steel to create some corkscrews. Use within one hour.
Chocolate curls: place 3 ounces of plain chocolate (at least 50% cocoa solids) in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and heat gently until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and stir in an additional 1 oz of chocolate. Continue to stir until the chocolate is smooth and glossy. This will help temper the chocolate. Pour the chocolate onto a very cold marble slab and allow to set at room temperature. If you put it in the fridge the chocolate will lose its wonderful sheen. Using a large sharp knife, pare long curls off the surface of the hardened chocolate, carefully adjusting the angle of the knife as you work.

Note: I've made this recipe twice (minus the cookies), and it's fantastic. The second time I used Baileys Caramel Cream and liked it even better. This tastes as luscious as it looks.

That looks sooooooo good! :cool:

Thanks! :wave:

mpoppins217

There are very few recipes out there from Olivia's and finding one that was a special will be next to impossible.
Here is the root beer potatoes though:

Root Beer Sweet Potatoes
from Hollywood and Vine, Disney-MGM Studios

16 oz. Root Beer
4 oz. Early Times (whiskey)
1 oz Lemon Juice
dash Ground Cloves
1.5 oz Corn Starch (mix cornstarch w/water)
2 oz Water
3 oz Brown Sugar
1 oz Butter

Sweet Potatoes:
Peel and slice sweet potatoes. Bake in buttered pan 20-30 minutes until tender. Remove plate and pour sauce over sweet potatoes.

Sauce:
Bring all ingredients to boil except cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch and water at first boil. Let thicken. Remove and serve over sliced sweet potatoes.

Fantastic! Thank you! *starts shopping list*

Captain Hank

The Raglan Road menu has made some changes since the restaurant opened in Oct. 2005 and in the past days, I've been posting some recipes from the current menu.
Here is the menu of the 05/06 menu http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/menuraglan.html ;

I have several of the recipes from this past menu and will list them below. If there are any the members want me to transcribe, please let me know which ones and I'll do it. Otherwise I don't want to fill the thread with recipes no one is interested in.

Smart Salmon, Pint of Prawns, Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie, Raglan Rack, Prawn Idol, It's Not Bleedin' Chowder, Celtic Chique, Rising Road, Buttered Asparagus with Hollandaise, Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble & Baileys Coffee Cream Pot.
I would be eternally grateful if you could post the recipe for Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie. It's an all-time favorite of my family.

Also, if anyone happens to have the cucumber sauce from the chicken flatbreads that used to be served a Sunshine Seasons, it would be much appreciated.

Tatania

Keen Eye for Shepherds Pie

I would be eternally grateful if you could post the recipe for Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie. It's an all-time favorite of my family.

Also, if anyone happens to have the cucumber sauce from the chicken flatbreads that used to be served a Sunshine Seasons, it would be much appreciated.

Happy to transcribe it. It helps to see a picture of this recipe so you can visualize how it all goes together but for some reason this website will not let me post the name of the Disney press release page that shows a picture of this pie. I'll try and type it out with spaces in between so so you can have a look at the picture using the URL without the spaces.

http://w d w news.com/ViewImage.aspx?ImageID=102555

Raglan Road Pub and Restaurant (Chef Kevin Dundon)
Yield: 4 mini shepherd's pies

1 shallot
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1 pound potatoes, well scrubbed
1 1/4 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small leek, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 ounces lean minced lamb
1 1/4 Tbsp tomato purée
1/4 stick (1 oz) butter
2 tsp herb oil (recipe below)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh thyme leaves, to garnish

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the shallot in half and then cut into thin slices lengthways, leaving the root intact. Arrange the slices on a non-stick baking sheet and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Bake for 5 minutes until lightly golden caramelized. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.

Cover the potatoes with cold water in a pan and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until completely tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Drain in a colander and peel the potatoes while they are still hot.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, leeks, carrot and garlic and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until just beginning to soften but not color. Stir the minced lamb into the pan and cook for 3 - 3 minutes until browned., breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the tomato purée and cook gently for another 10 minutes until completely tender. Season to taste and keep warm or reheat as needed.
Push the cooked peeled potatoes through a potato ricer or a sieve, using a spatula. Quickly heat the milk in a pan. Beat the butter into the warm mashed potato and then add enough milk to make a smooth but firm puree. Season to taste.

To serve, spoon than mince mixture into 2 1/2 inch ring moulds set on warmed serving plates. Carefully remove the molds. Using two dessert spoons, shape the potato purée into quenelles and arrange 4 on top of each serving (or use a piping bag). Top with the caramelized shallot slices and drizzle and around the herb oil. Garnish with thyme leaves.

Herb Oil
4 ounces fresh basil sprigs
2/3 cup olive oil

Pick the leaves from the basil and then blanch them in a large pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain in a sieve and then rinse under cold running water to prevent them from cooking any further. Squeeze off any excess water and then tip on to kitchen paper and pat dry.
Place the blanched basil leaves into a food processor with the olive oil and process to a very fine purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice. Pass the purée through the sieve set over a jug or bowl, pressing down with the back of a ladle or wooden spoon until all of the liquid has gone through the sieve. Pour the herb oil into a squeezy bottle and leave to settle for at least 30 minutes to clear before using as required. Store in a cool place.

Captain Hank

Happy to transcribe it. It helps to see a picture of this recipe so you can visualize how it all goes together but for some reason this website will not let me post the name of the Disney press release page that shows a picture of this pie. I'll try and type it out with spaces in between so so you can have a look at the picture using the URL without the spaces.

http://w d w news.com/ViewImage.aspx?ImageID=102555

Raglan Road Pub and Restaurant (Chef Kevin Dundon)
Yield: 4 mini shepherd's pies

1 shallot
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1 pound potatoes, well scrubbed
1 1/4 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small leek, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 ounces lean minced lamb
1 1/4 Tbsp tomato purée
1/4 stick (1 oz) butter
2 tsp herb oil (recipe below)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh thyme leaves, to garnish

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the shallot in half and then cut into thin slices lengthways, leaving the root intact. Arrange the slices on a non-stick baking sheet and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Bake for 5 minutes until lightly golden caramelized. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.

Cover the potatoes with cold water in a pan and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until completely tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Drain in a colander and peel the potatoes while they are still hot.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, leeks, carrot and garlic and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until just beginning to soften but not color. Stir the minced lamb into the pan and cook for 3 - 3 minutes until browned., breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the tomato purée and cook gently for another 10 minutes until completely tender. Season to taste and keep warm or reheat as needed.
Push the cooked peeled potatoes through a potato ricer or a sieve, using a spatula. Quickly heat the milk in a pan. Beat the butter into the warm mashed potato and then add enough milk to make a smooth but firm puree. Season to taste.

To serve, spoon than mince mixture into 2 1/2 inch ring moulds set on warmed serving plates. Carefully remove the molds. Using two dessert spoons, shape the potato purée into quenelles and arrange 4 on top of each serving (or use a piping bag). Top with the caramelized shallot slices and drizzle and around the herb oil. Garnish with thyme leaves.

Herb Oil
4 ounces fresh basil sprigs
2/3 cup olive oil

Pick the leaves from the basil and then blanch them in a large pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain in a sieve and then rinse under cold running water to prevent them from cooking any further. Squeeze off any excess water and then tip on to kitchen paper and pat dry.
Place the blanched basil leaves into a food processor with the olive oil and process to a very fine purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice. Pass the purée through the sieve set over a jug or bowl, pressing down with the back of a ladle or wooden spoon until all of the liquid has gone through the sieve. Pour the herb oil into a squeezy bottle and leave to settle for at least 30 minutes to clear before using as required. Store in a cool place.
Yes! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

tigsmom

I`m looking for the recipe for the Derbys cobb salad. Does anyone have this one?

I would have sworn this was posted already. :shrug:

Cobb Salad with French Dressing
Hollywood Brown Derby, Disney-MGM Studios
Serves 6
Ingredients:
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1/2 bunch watercress
1 small bunch chicory
1/2 head romaine lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, blanched & peeled
1 1/2 cups cooked turkey breast, diced
3 eggs, hard-cooked
1 avocado- diced
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
6 strips crisp bacon, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped chives
Method:
Chop all greens very fine (reserve some watercress for presentation) and arrange in salad bowl. Cut tomatoes in half, remove seeds, and dice fine. Also dice the turkey, avocado, & eggs. Arrange the above ingredients, as well as the blue cheese and bacon crumbles, in straight lines across the greens. Arrange the chives diagonally across the above lines. Present the salad at the table, then toss with the dressing (below). Place on chilled plates with a watercress garnish.
Brown Derby Old-Fashioned French Dressing
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon English mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups salad oil
Blend all ingredients except oils, then add olive oil and salad oils and mix well. Blend well again before mixing with salad.

Grumpy-Fan

I would have sworn this was posted already. :shrug:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cobb Salad with French Dressing[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hollywood Brown Derby, Disney-MGM Studios[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serves 6[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ingredients:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 head iceberg lettuce [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 bunch watercress[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1 small bunch chicory [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 head romaine lettuce [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2 medium tomatoes, blanched & peeled [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey breast, diced [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 3 eggs, hard-cooked [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 6 strips crisp bacon, crumbled [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2 tablespoons chopped chives[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Method:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chop all greens very fine (reserve some watercress for presentation) and arrange in salad bowl. Cut tomatoes in half, remove seeds, and dice fine. Also dice the turkey, avocado, & eggs. Arrange the above ingredients, as well as the blue cheese and bacon crumbles, in straight lines across the greens. Arrange the chives diagonally across the above lines. Present the salad at the table, then toss with the dressing (below). Place on chilled plates with a watercress garnish. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Brown Derby Old-Fashioned French Dressing[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 cup water [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 teaspoon sugar [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1 1/4 tablespoons salt [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1 clove garlic, chopped [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Juice of 1/2 lemon [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 teaspoon English mustard[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1/2 cup olive oil [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1 1/2 cups salad oil[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Blend all ingredients except oils, then add olive oil and salad oils and mix well. Blend well again before mixing with salad. [/FONT]
I wouldv`e thought so to. I went through all 70 pages and didn`t see it. Thanks though. My wife and I absolutely love there cobb salad. Another fav. of mine is the salad at the CG that has the marinated anchovies.

tigsmom

Just one more thing about the recipe for the cobb salad. It doesn`t specify how much avacado to use.

Thanks again

Since it serves 6 I would use the entire avocado. It also doesn't list the avocado so I'm going to do an edit and add it in. I HATE when they leave ingredients off the list and then add it in the directions. :zipit:

If you want a copy of the master list just PM me your email address and I'll send it along. :wave:

justagirl

I don't suppose anyone would happen to have the smoked pork loin recipe from Liberty Tree Tavern? We went to the character dinner there on my birthday, and absolutely loved it! Any help would be appreciated :animwink:

Tropical Wilds

I also have a recipe request... Sorry if it's already been posted (I tried to skim through the whole thread first). We went to the Coral Reef in Epcot 11/2007 and I had this awesome pasta dish... It was shrimp with sundried tomatoes in a cream sauce. I don't remember if there was anything else in it, like a vege or anything, but if somebody knew what it was and could pass it on, that'd be awesome. :)

tigsmom

I don't suppose anyone would happen to have the smoked pork loin recipe from Liberty Tree Tavern? We went to the character dinner there on my birthday, and absolutely loved it! Any help would be appreciated :animwink:

Tropical Wilds said:
I also have a recipe request... Sorry if it's already been posted (I tried to skim through the whole thread first). We went to the Coral Reef in Epcot 11/2007 and I had this awesome pasta dish... It was shrimp with sundried tomatoes in a cream sauce. I don't remember if there was anything else in it, like a vege or anything, but if somebody knew what it was and could pass it on, that'd be awesome.

I haven't been able to find it, but I'll keep looking. You can contact them and request the recipe, but it may be a secret.

Tatania

Boxty Bradan

From today's Orlando Sentinel.

Boxty BradanRaglan Road Restaurant and Pub, Downtown Disney
Yield: 9 generous servings.

1 cup grated raw potatoes
1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
About 1/4 cup milk
Butter or oil for frying
Melted butter as needed
18 smoked salmon florets (roll thin slices around your finger and twist)

Salmon sauce:
4 tablespoons crème fraiche (see note)
Freshly chopped chives to taste

1. Place grated raw potato in a clean cloth and twist to remove excess moisture.
2. Combine raw potatoes, mashed potatoes and eggs. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder. Fold into potato mixture. Add enough milk to make a batter.
3. Heat butter or oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Drop potato batter by heaping tablespoons into the hot pan. Brown on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Lightly brush each boxty with melted butter.
4. To serve, place 2 boxty potatoes on a plate. Top each with a salmon floret. Whisk crème fraiche and chives to a creamy consistency and lightly drizzle over the salmon. Repeat with remaining boxty potatoes and salmon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom