Recipe???

Tatania

In the lemon cake recipe, it's quie clear that the curd and buttercream titles are mixed up. Just change the titles and the recipe makes perfect sense. In other words the shortening, butter, fondant is for the Lemon Butter Cream and the other stuff is the lemon curd.

Conchita_Sweet_bread_DL.jpg

Mickey Conchita (Mexican Sweet Bread)
Disneyland

3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1½ cups whole eggs
1 ounce (2 tablespoon) fresh yeast
½ cup butter, softened to room temperature

Topping:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1¼ cups flour
Food Coloring

Preheat oven to 100°F. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs and fresh yeast. Mix in a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment until a ball of dough is formed, then mix at high speed until the dough comes off the sides of the mixing bowl. At low speed, add butter until incorporated. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Form balls of dough in two different sizes – some of approximately ¼ cup (2 oz.), and some of
approximately 1/8 cup (1 oz.) On a sheet pan, place a 2 oz. ball of dough to form Mickey’s face and two1 oz. balls of dough to make the ears. Mix shortening, sugar and flour. Add your favorite color of food coloring by drops until the topping is the color desired. Spread topping on top of the conchas and make decorative lines with a table knife. Place the conchas in the preheated 100°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes to allow dough to rise. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake conchas at 375°F for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!

disneyplanetshrimpaeja-HR-300x168.jpg

Seafood Aeja (pronounced AA-jah)
Planet Hollywood: In 1996, the executive chef created this dish for an Oscar night fundraiser at the Downtown Disney restaurant.
Yield: 15 servings

Saffron cream:
2 cups vegetable stock
1 quart heavy cream
1 teaspoon saffron
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

Butter sauce:
1 bottle semi-sweet red wine (not too dry)
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 large finely diced shallot
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pound unsalted butter

Stuffing:
Olive oil
1 pound jumbo shrimp, butterflied
1 pound lobster, diced
1 cup finely diced celery
1 cup finely diced onion
1/3 cup finely diced zucchini
1/3 cup finely diced squash
1/3 cup finely diced carrots
1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
1 pound sliced pancetta bacon or Canadian bacon, grilled

1. To make the saffron cream, put heavy cream and vegetable stock in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently making sure that the cream does not boil over. When the volume is reduced by a half, add saffron, salt and white pepper. Set aside.
2. To make the butter sauce, combine wine, cracked black pepper, shallot, bay leaf and sugar in a saucepan. Cook ingredients until reduced in volume by a half. Strain mixture. Put liquid back in pan and bring to a slight boil. Remove pan from heat and stir unsalted butter into sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat oven to 375 F. Place a large saute pan on medium-high heat and add olive oil. Put lobster and vegetables into hot pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add saffron sauce from step No. 1 and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
4. Place butterflied shrimp on an oiled baking sheet. Baste shrimp with olive oil and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until done.
5. On a round plate, spoon burre rouge along the inner rim of the plate. Place a slice of grilled bacon in the center of the plate and mound with lobster mixture. Top off with butterflied shrimp and additional sauce.

BBQ Seasoning For Smoking Ribs
Wildhorse Saloon, Downtown’s Disney’s Pleasure Island (closed in 2001)

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup chili powder
1/8 cup onion powder
6 1/2 tablespoons paprika
3 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 3/4 tablespoons salt
2 3/4 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 3/4 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
1 3/4 tablespoons Lawry’s Seasoning Salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
How to use on baby back ribs: Lay ribs bone side up and peel off membrane. Generously apply the rib rub to both sides of the rib and let stand in the refrigerator for as long as possible. This process works like a marinade. The more time the rub spends on the raw rib, the more time the seasoning has to be absorbed by the meat of the ribs. Use an indirect moist heat cooker fueled by applewood. Place a pan of water inside the cooker to keep the moisture at a constant level. Cook the ribs for 6 to 8 hours at 225F.

Cornbread
Wildhorse Saloon, Downtown’s Disney’s Pleasure Island (closed in 2001)
Yield: 8 to 10 servings

8 1/2 ounces corn bread/muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup corn kernels
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoons flour
Honey pecan butter (see note)

1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease sides and bottom of an 8-inch square pan.
2. Stir bread mix, egg, water, sugar, cheese, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon butter, corn until batter is just moistened. Pour into pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Whip 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in light brown sugar and honey. Work flour in until crumbly. Remove bread from oven. Crumble streusel topping over top. Put back in oven. Bake 10-15 minutes. Cool before cutting.
Honey pecan butter: Combine 1 1/2 pounds butter, 1 cup pecans, 1/8 cup honey, 1 tablespoon vanilla and 1/2 cup light brown sugar.

fbp

Mango Glazed Tofu

One of my favorite meals from WDW is the Mango Glazed Tofu from the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre. I've looked all over for a recipe but have had no luck. Does anyone know what it might be?

tigsmom

One of my favorite meals from WDW is the Mango Glazed Tofu from the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre. I've looked all over for a recipe but have had no luck. Does anyone know what it might be?

It's actually posted above, post 1545. I'm sorry but I haven't had time to update the Index, I'll do so right now. :eek:

EDIT: Index updated through this post

tigsmom

Glad you fixed it; but I still have no Idea where to find it. :(:confused:

The Index, like this thread, is stickied to the top of this forum (and is not to be posted in please). The restaurants are listed by hotel, parks, and "specials" like the Food & Wine festival, etc. Recipes that are not specific (but just say Swan & Dolphin or name a park) are listed at the top, under the Category header.

Open the thread and either scroll down to what you are looking for OR press Control F to open a search box and type in what you want, if it's listed it will highlight it and take you to the post. The dish you are looking for is actually called Seared Marinated Tofu and is listed under the Park and then the restaurant that serves it.

Index

kverdon

Sanaa Green Corainder Chutney Recipe?

Hi,

Does anyone have the recipe for the Green Coriander Chutney they serve with the breads at Sanaa? We were there last Sept and our whole party LOVED it. I asked for the recipe and they took my email address but they never emailed me. :confused: Any one else have it?

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

tigsmom

Hi,

Does anyone have the recipe for the Green Coriander Chutney they serve with the breads at Sanaa? We were there last Sept and our whole party LOVED it. I asked for the recipe and they took my email address but they never emailed me. :confused: Any one else have it?

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

That's a new place & I haven't seen any recipes from there. You can email Guest services and request the recipe, give the date you ate there and your reservation number if you still have it. I have requested a bunch of recipes recently from different restaurants and have not heard back; they had been sending them out again so maybe I just hit it wrong.

pontiacguy84

Patriot's Punch

Just got back from my trip, already missing being in Disney, but anyways, anyone know the recipe for Patriot's Punch at the Liberty Tree Tavern?

tigsmom

Breakfast Potatoes

Artist's Palette,Saratoga Springs

Spice mix for the potatoes:
3 Tablespoons Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1 teaspoon Thyme (dried)
2 teaspoons Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1/4 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper

Mix all dry ingredients together. Store in a sealed container in your spice cabinet as you would your other spices.

Batch of Potatoes:
1 bag of Simply Potatoes (red skinned wedges)
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1.5 teaspoons Spice Mix (save the unused spice mix for future use)

Toss all ingredients together. Place on a sheet tray spread out evenly. Bake @ 450* for 15 - 20 mins.

Tatania

Chocolate Espresso Torte
The Turf Club at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, WDW
Makes one 9-inch torte

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened, plus additional softened butter for greasing pan
3/4 cup sugar, plus additional sugar for dusting pan
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
5 eggs at room temperature, beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup prepared espresso

Chocolate Ganache:
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 stick softened butter
Vanilla ice cream, optional

For Torte:
Preheat oven to 300º with oven rack in middle position. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan in plastic wrap, then wrap tightly with a layer of heavy-duty foil. Generously butter pan. Dust pan with sugar, tapping out excess. Place prepared pan in a roasting pan; set aside.

Combine 3/4 cup sugar and prepared espresso in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a large saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Stir occasionally until just melted. Add butter by the tablespoonful, stirring until combined. Stir in espresso syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently stir in eggs until combined.
Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Pour boiling-hot water into roasting pan until it reaches three-quarters of the way up the of springform pan. Bake until center of torte is almost set, but still wobbles just slightly, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Transfer torte to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.

For Ganache:
Place chocolate in a medium bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Stir occasionally until melted. Set aside to cool slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add butter by the tablespoonful, stirring until combined and glossy. Use immediately.

To Serve:
Run a thin knife along edge of chilled torte, and remove springform pan ring. Set torte on a wire rack set over a sheet pan. Pour ganache over torte, a bit at a time, spreading with a rubber or offset spatula to cover top. Allow excess to drip down sides, if desired. Place torte on a platter or sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate until set, approximately 2 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.

For Miniature Heart-Shaped Tortes:
Cut individual tortes from large torte using a heart-shaped cutter. Carefully dip each heart into ganache using two forks, letting excess drip off. Set hearts on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate until set, approximately 2 hours. Serve with a scoop of vanilla-port wine ice cream, if desired.

Chocolate Kourabiedes (Greek Butter Cookies)

Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardwalk, WDW

2 1/2 cups (5 sticks) unsalted butter (defoamed/dewatered, cooled)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 jigger brandy, cognac, or whiskey
2 tablespoons lemon or orange juice
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely ground
~6 cups flour
2 pounds cocoa powder
paper cups

Beat butter until light and fluffy (at least 30 minutes); add sugar, beat well; add egg yolks, beat well; add vanilla, cognac, lemon juice/soda, beat well; add walnuts; add flour until dough is medium tight (not soft, not stiff; do not over knead flour). Pinch off a 1-and-a-1/2 inch piece of dough and form into desired shape (crescent, triangle, round, star); dimple top. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon or ground clove. Layer cookies on bed of cocoa powder top and bottom, let cool and set for at least 30 minutes (can store in sugar in air tight container for days). Place each cookie in a paper cup and sprinkle again with cocoa if necessary. Can double recipe. Yield varies with size. Hint: Save powdered sugar in plastic bag, use with butter for the next batch.

Galaktoboureko (Milk Pie)
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardwalk, WDW
Yield: 18 servings

4 cups milk
1/2 cup fine semolina
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound thick, commercial phyllo dough
2/3 cup clarified butter, to brush dough
3 cups water
2 cups sugar
1/2 lemon

In a heavy pot, bring the milk to a boil. Sprinkle in the semolina, whisking constantly over very low heat. Add the sugar, then simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring from time to time. Remove from the heat and add the butter and the eggs, 1 by 1, stirring. Blend in the vanilla. The mixture will be thick but pourable, like a sauce.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Butter a deep 10-inch baking pan. In the bottom of the pan, layer 8 sheets of phyllo, leaving the edges hanging over the sides of the pan. Brush each sheet generously with clarified butter. Pour the milk mixture over the phyllo layers.
Cut the remaining sheets of phyllo about the size of the pan and brush each sheet with clarified butter. Place the buttered sheets on top of the filling, then brush the hanging bottom sheets with clarified butter and roll them up to seal.
With a very sharp knife, score the top diagonally in 2 directions to make diamond-shaped slits on the surface. (This makes it easier to cut later, and also allows the syrup to penetrate the pie.) Sprinkle with a little water and bake about 1 hour, or until top is light brown and filling has set.
The minute you start baking the pie, begin to make the syrup. Simmer the water with sugar and the 1/2 of lemon for about 1 hour. Remove the lemon half and squeeze the juice into the syrup. Discard the lemon. Pour the syrup over the pie the minute you take it out of the oven. Be careful, syrup will bubble vigorously and can burn you.
Let cool, and serve, cutting pieces along the slits that you made before baking the pie.

DormaNesbit

Does anyone have the Rainforest Café Jambalaya recipe....?

I've seen the Boatwrights Jambalya recipe, but I've never tried the Boatwrights Jambalaya... I know I like the Rainforest version, and I feel like experimenting in the kitchen this weekend.... Any help? My internet searches are just coming up duds....

I've made the Boatwrights recipe several times and it is delicious! Try it when you get a chance!:wave:

PetePan

Trail's End Cornbread

Absolutely love this thread. Cindy's Table is still my favorite thing to make lol. I can't seem to find the recipe for the cornbread at Trail's End. Is it just a cornbread mix with corn mixed in?? Also, if anyone has the recipe for the guacamole at the quick service stand in Mexico @ Epcot that would be awesome...some of the best guac I've had! Thanks

tigsmom

Absolutely love this thread. Cindy's Table is still my favorite thing to make lol. I can't seem to find the recipe for the cornbread at Trail's End. Is it just a cornbread mix with corn mixed in?? Also, if anyone has the recipe for the guacamole at the quick service stand in Mexico @ Epcot that would be awesome...some of the best guac I've had! Thanks

I believe that the cornbread from the Hoop De Do and Trail's End Buffet are one and the same ( unless things have changed) and that recipe can be found on Page 87. I haven't seen the guacamole recipe though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom