Recipe???

Tigs mom you really seem to know WDW food... when I get back in 25 days I will definetely be posting on this asking about some Wonderful foods I ate there! Any suggestions of the best pasta to eat at Disney I am basically a vegetarian (most of the time i never eat meat) so any great pasta dishes to look out for there would be a big help they have to be in either MK MGM or Epcot thanks!

tigsmom

TheDisneyQueen said:
Tigs mom you really seem to know WDW food... when I get back in 25 days I will definetely be posting on this asking about some Wonderful foods I ate there! Any suggestions of the best pasta to eat at Disney I am basically a vegetarian (most of the time i never eat meat) so any great pasta dishes to look out for there would be a big help they have to be in either MK MGM or Epcot thanks!

I don't usually eat pasta (doesn't fit into a low carb lifestyle :( )
I can't think of any offhand, but I know the chefs are more than willing to make accomodations for various dietary preferances. Don't be afraid to ask if a dish can be altered. We have never gotten a bad meal at Mama Melrose's in MGM, you might want to give that a try.

If you come across any foods that you would like to share just ask for the recipe, they are usually willing to give it out. Some places even have popular dishes pre printed.

Can anybody reccomend a dish or two?

careship

Paradiso Cioccolato

New one I have never seen before thought I would share it....also found alot of alcoholic drinks that are new from like downtown disney I think but didn't want to post those so here goes....

PARADISO CIOCCOLATO
Portobello Yacht Club
Regional Executive Chef Tony Periquito

20 Oz Chocolate Ganache
3 Cups Toffee
1 Oz Cocoa Powder
1 Each Pillsbury Plus Devil's Food Cake

Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Lb Chocolate Chips

Follow directions on the box for baking one Pillsbury Plus Devil's Food Cake.
Once cool, cut cake in half lengthwise into layers. Place 6 ounces of
chocolate ganache in each layer and spread. Add 2 cups of toffee pieces and spread evenly. Flip top layer into bottom layer and press gently to ensure cake is even. Spread remaining ganache over and around cake. Press remaining toffee pieces around the side of the cake. Sprinkle top with cocoa powder.

Directions for Chocolate Ganache:
Heat heavy cream to a boil in sauce pan. Once at a boil, remove from heat.
Add in chocolate chips. Whisk ingredients together until well blended and the chocolate chips have melted.

tigsmom

Hey everyone :wave:

As some of you know I have been keeping a master list of the recipes posted and sending out updates.
Someone just PMd me with a title "recipe people"...I deleted it by accident. :eek:

If you need an answer please resend...Sorry for all the trouble.

LadyDarling

wannabeBelle said:
I was recently at Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast and had the french toast that is part of the meal. It was just so good but had an unusual stuffing ( Ithink it was a custard, my friend said cream cheese kinda like a danish) Any ideas as to what it is? Also if anyone has the recipe?? Thanks!!! :slurp:

So you went to a character breakfast? Any little kids in tow? Usually, we go to the Restrauntosaurus (Just us over 20's, no kids) and last time we were treated as if they couldn't WAIT to get to the next table. Did you get a good experience with face characters?

LadyDarling

tigsmom said:
Hey everyone :wave:

As some of you know I have been keeping a master list of the recipes posted and sending out updates.
Someone just PMd me with a title "recipe people"...I deleted it by accident. :eek:

If you need an answer please resend...Sorry for all the trouble.
I own quite a few Disney recipe bookds, and can tell you the good and bad of them! :) So if you're hunting for one in particular, I'll see if I can get it.

tigsmom

LadyDarling said:
I own quite a few Disney recipe bookds, and can tell you the good and bad of them! :) So if you're hunting for one in particular, I'll see if I can get it.

Feel free to add any recipe you like. We have quite a few from a good variety of places. (maybe you have a few that were requested and we haven't been able to find)

Cookbooks are my passion, I have over 200 of them. :D

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
LadyDarling said:
So you went to a character breakfast? Any little kids in tow? Usually, we go to the Restrauntosaurus (Just us over 20's, no kids) and last time we were treated as if they couldn't WAIT to get to the next table. Did you get a good experience with face characters?
I didnt have any kids ( I am all the kid I can handle thanks!!) But I dont think I have ever had a bad experience as to the characters not spending enough time with me. I play with them and they play right back!!!! One time over at the Beach Club, I had an entire discussion with Minnie of a very adult nature!!! I think the poor mouse had problems keeping a straight face ( or not laughing at me!) Maybe it was an off day at Donalds?? Belle

Captain Hank

tigsmom-

I just ran a batch of the Dole Whip recipe from the "I could go for..." thread. I had to cut the recipe in half for it to fit in my ice cream maker, but the math was worth it! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

The final product tasted very near to what I remember in the park. My only though was that it was a little sweeter than I remembered, so next time (I got enough ingredients for two batches!) I'm going to use less sugar and more pineapple juice. However, it was still absolutely delicious!

Anyway, thank you so much for the recipe. I have a feeling I'll be making it more often.

tigsmom

hcwalker16 said:
tigsmom-

I just ran a batch of the Dole Whip recipe from the "I could go for..." thread. I had to cut the recipe in half for it to fit in my ice cream maker, but the math was worth it! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

The final product tasted very near to what I remember in the park. My only though was that it was a little sweeter than I remembered, so next time (I got enough ingredients for two batches!) I'm going to use less sugar and more pineapple juice. However, it was still absolutely delicious!

Anyway, thank you so much for the recipe. I have a feeling I'll be making it more often.

I just finished mine! We made them today also! :lol:
I thought it was sweet, but I've never had a "real" one so I had nothing to compare it to. We didn't use sugar, we used Splenda because Lil'mermaid & I have "issues" with it. I'm even thinking of using low carb milk next time...

DarkImage4

Dole Whips

Oddly enough, I made a batch today as well. It went over REALLY well with my wife and our guest. I agree about the sweetness, I'm going to experiment with a little less sugar and a little more juice. SO GOOD!!!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
TravisMT81 said:
that french toast sounds to die for!!! OMG think of all those carbs!!
My friend who I was having the discussion with way back when had actually made it after the recipe was posted. He said it was amazing and tasted just as he remembered it from the Castle. Dont forget to use Vanilla Scented flour. He got that by quartering a few vanilla beans and leaving them in some flour for a few days. Belle

SewIn2Disney

hcwalker16 said:
tigsmom-

Thanks for letting us know how it came out.
And for anyone else--if you make anything from this thread, let us know how it comes out! :slurp:

tigsmom

Hey all! :wave: Just back from WDW & craving some Disney food. :lol:

Found some new recipes...

Saratoga Springs House Salad

Artist's Palette
Saratoga Springs Spa & Resort

Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients

4 cups gourmet salad mix
4 TB dried cranberries
2 TB dried blueberries
1/2 diced red apple
2 TB chopped walnuts
1 cup Poppyseed Dressing (below)

Method

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss lightly until salad mix is well coated with dressing.

Poppyseed Dressing

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tsp. diced onions
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup canola oil
1 TB poppyseed

Place first five ingredients in a blender or food processor. When well-mixed add oil slowly. Add poppyseed and blend for 10 seconds.

tigsmom

Had dinner in the Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time...couldn't get enough of the flank steak.

Flank Steak Marinade
from Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom

Yield - serves 6

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons coriander
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons oregano, dried

Combine all ingredients then store in a sealed container.

Rub steak with marinade and let sit in cooler for at least one hour. Steak can marinate for 24 hours in advance.

Roast steak off in 350' oven for about 15 minutes.

Steak will be cooked medium.

careship

Welcome back!!!! Missed you. Thanks for bringing recipes back with you. I can't wait to make the Flank Steak. I really like Liberty Tree Tavern food so this is extra special.

The salad sounds great as well and I am looking for something like that all the time in this warm summer weather.

Hugs and again...WELCOME BACK TIGSMOM!!!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

tigsmom

Paw Print Brownies Animal Kingdom Lodge

Brownies

9 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 lb. butter
6 eggs
4 cups sugar
1 TB vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup cake flour

Frosting

1 cup heavy cream
6 oz. white chocolate
8 oz. semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup cocoa powder

Stencil with a paw-print design cutout

Method:

1. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pot of hot water on the stove.

2. In a mixing bowl fitted with a whip, place the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar, and mix at medium speed. Continue whipping for about 3 minutes until light in color. Change the machine attachment to a paddle. Once the chocolate and butter have melted, add them to the whipped eggs.

3. Add the flour until well combined but do not overmix.

4. Pour the batter on a 12x16-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

5. Bake in 350º F oven for 30-35 minutes. (This can be done a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator.)

6. To make the frosting, chop the white and semisweet chocolate into 1/2-inch pieces and place them in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small pot. Once it is very hot, pour into the chocolate pieces to melt them. Stir constantly until all pieces are dissolved and cool to room temperature.

7. Ladle the frosting on the surface of the brownies and smooth evenly with an icing spatula. Place the brownies into the refrigerator to set the frosting.

8. Once the frosting is set, cut brownies into 3x3-inch squares and separate them. Place the paw-print stencil on each brownie. Place the cocoa powder into a sifter and dust the center of each brownie with the cocoa to create the paw-print design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom