Real Yeti footprint to go on display at Expedition Everest!

Enderikari

Heck of a difference between a fish in an ocean, and a big man-plus size ape in a regularly monitored forest. If the Coelecanth had been found in a lake, heck, even a big lake, I'd be more willing to consider the analogy, but theya re still discovering brand new creatures in the oceans every day. Find Loch Ness Monster and we'll talk analogy (and for the record, science has proven that false as well)

The "best" bigfoot evidence was the Patterson-Gimlin film, and that was already proven to be a hoax.

Footprints? Not evidence... Damaged Trees? Not Evidence... Give me a skeleton, a body, anything that is, you know... evidence

EpcotServo

Original Poster
The "best" bigfoot evidence was the Patterson-Gimlin film, and that was already proven to be a hoax.

By who? When? Where?

As someone who has studied Cryptozoology, I know you're wrong on that.

Do your homework!

And may I point out the irony of a man "Who complains that others complain about Disney too much and don't believe in the real magic of Disney" questioning others' beliefs in a real-world topic?

Alot of it may be untrue, but there is a small precent that defies explanation, and there is something in that.

You need to see the Episode of Monsterquest, in which the History channel was given the ACTUAL patterson/Gimlin footage. They compressed and scanned it digitally, resulting in a higher quality than ever seen before. As one who thought it was a hoax, I now believe that that film is the real deal. JUST because of how much detail there is the film. In the crummy VHS-type quality of the footage YOU'VE seen, it does appear to blurry to tell.

OH, and please go out and find me a fresh dead bear from the deep pacific northwest that hadn't been shot by a hunter.

My work here is done.

CaptainMichael

OH, and please go out and find me a fresh dead bear from the deep pacific northwest that hadn't been shot by a hunter.

One of the Monsterquest episodes covered this by observing what happened to a dead deer they put in the forest. In less than a month, the entire thing was basically gone.

Enderikari

By who? When? Where?

The family of the guy in the suit. But of course the videographer (who has been living well off of this one video for decades) refutes what the family said, and he refutes what the guy who made the Bigfoot suit says as well, but its the act of desperation.

Do your homework!

Done... I was fascinated by everything crypto as a kid, even growing up into my teens, but there comes a time when you have to look at things critically

And may I point out the irony of a man "Who complains that others complain about Disney too much and don't believe in the real magic of Disney" questioning others' beliefs in a real-world topic?

Sure, point it out as much as you want, I would hope people can see a difference between Bigfoot and Mickey Mouse. If they can't, well, no skin off of my back

Alot of it may be untrue, but there is a small precent that defies explanation, and there is something in that.

You need to see the Episode of Monsterquest, in which the History channel was given the ACTUAL patterson/Gimlin footage. They compressed and scanned it digitally, resulting in a higher quality than ever seen before. As one who thought it was a hoax, I now believe that that film is the real deal. JUST because of how much detail there is the film. In the crummy VHS-type quality of the footage YOU'VE seen, it does appear to blurry to tell.
Tell you what, I make you a deal. I'll watch Monster Quest (easy, already have) and you have to watch this one. (Standard Language Warnings Apply, also, some charge may be needed, but its the best I can do)Penn and Teller Do Battle, backed by scientists, research, and other fun things

Heck, it works better if a hunter does shoot the thing, why haven't the hunters in that, or any other "Bigfoot-infested" wilderness bring back the ultimate trophy? I'll give 'em a dollar if they do

My work here is done.
Agreed

Enderikari

Suffice it to say, I know I am not going to convince you, and you really aren't going to convince me, so we'll agree to disagree.

And I will gladly eat humble pie when they find Bigfoot. I'll get my knife and fork

But, to keep up the fun, I will start the tradition of posting relevant Futurama Quotes!

Narrator: "Bigfoot populations require vast amounts of land to remain elusive in. They typically dwell just behind rocks but are also sometimes playful bounding into thick fogs and out of focus areas

--------

Narrator:"In the dense forests of the Pacific Northwest dwells the strange and beautiful creature known as Bigfoot perhaps"
Fry:"That proves it!"

----

Narrator: Remember, it's up to us. Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem if he exists. So lets all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy unless he doesn't exist.

imagineer boy

The family of the guy in the suit. But of course the videographer (who has been living well off of this one video for decades) refutes what the family said, and he refutes what the guy who made the Bigfoot suit says as well, but its the act of desperation.

There's no truth to that what-so-ever. If it was a hoax, then where's the costume? Besides, hundreds of people have come forward to claim that they're the ones in the costume, but none of them have any proof to back them up.

Heck, it works better if a hunter does shoot the thing, why haven't the hunters in that, or any other "Bigfoot-infested" wilderness bring back the ultimate trophy? I'll give 'em a dollar if they do

Most hunters aren't looking for Bigfoot. Besides, if they do run across one, they're hesitant to shoot because if its a person in a monkey suit, then they'd be charged with man slaughter.

Footprints? Not evidence... Damaged Trees? Not Evidence... Give me a skeleton, a body, anything that is, you know... evidence

On many of the footprints, unique dermal ridges have been found that would've been really hard to fake. If not impossible to fake. Plus they've been found years and far locations apart. There's tons of other pieces of evidence too like the skookum body cast, exact descriptions from TOUSANDS of eye-witnesses, and situations in which it would make no sense for it to be an elaborate hoax.

Here's some pretty good FAQ here: http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=405

And incase anyone's interested, here's some alledged audio recordings of bigfoot which I found to be very facinating. Especially the "language" recordings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAIRJ3Q2_w

CaptainMichael

And incase anyone's interested, here's some alledged audio recordings of bigfoot which I found to be very facinating. Especially the "language" recordings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAIRJ3Q2_w

They are better men than me, I would have screamed like a little girl and ran.

When that guy on Monsterquest spent the night alone in that tent, I thought he was nuts.

Then, the next night, something threw rocks at the camp and they all did what I would have done, cowered in fear inside the camp.

maggiegrace1

They are better men than me, I would have screamed like a little girl and ran.

When that guy on Monsterquest spent the night alone in that tent, I thought he was nuts.

Then, the next night, something threw rocks at the camp and they all did what I would have done, cowered in fear inside the camp.
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:lookaroun
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Iakona

New species are being found in forests all over the world every year. Vietnam is a good example.
Much of the forest in the United States is NOT monitored and is largely untouched.
Until they actually capture or find the corpse/bones of a Yeti/Bigfoor/Saqsquatch there will be doubters. In Boston we had a professional baseball player that claimed dinosaurs never existed.

RSoxNo1

Personally, I think the "Yeti" is nothing more than a dominant male orangutan. Compare images/perceptions of what the Yeti looks like to that of a male orangutan:
yetiWDW_400.jpg

img0892fr0.jpg

New species are being found in forests all over the world every year. Vietnam is a good example.
Much of the forest in the United States is NOT monitored and is largely untouched.
Until they actually capture or find the corpse/bones of a Yeti/Bigfoor/Saqsquatch there will be doubters. In Boston we had a professional baseball player that claimed dinosaurs never existed.
Aah... Crazy Carl.

Timmay

New species are being found in forests all over the world every year.

Really? 8 foot tall species with opposable thumbs??

Seriously, most new species are A) so small they have been overlooked before or B) resemble, and assumed to be, something else.

The evidence for bigfoot or yeti (and visitors from other planets) is nothing more than anecdotal at best. I know the cryptozoos want it to be more, but it's not.

Anyway...cool addition to the Everst attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom