Real Yeti footprint to go on display at Expedition Everest!

Pongo

Sure, there's a difference between keeping an open mind and believing, but do you see the bias in that statement? You said believing what logic and lack of evidence support. Lack of evidence doesn't support anything. It leads to no conclusion at all. That is the true logic, here.

If other people can come to the conclusion that bigfoot exists based on the same lack of evidence, I think I should be allowed to come to the conclusion that he doesn't.

:shrug:

Ausdaddy

If other people can come to the conclusion that bigfoot exists based on the same lack of evidence, I think I should be allowed to come to the conclusion that he doesn't.

Oh, I agree with that. It's not scientific or "science" as you were mentioning earlier, though.

imagineer boy

Of Note: It is kind of hard to set up running cameras in the wilderness. And wasn't it not intended for Sasquatch? Not that I don't agree, it would've been a wiser idea.

True, they put the bed of screws out thinking it was a bear that trashed the cabin. Its possible that they might have cameras out there now. Who knows?

This is true. But look at it this way: If yesterday at exactly 3:02, I sneezed. But I've washed my hands hundreds of times since then, the germs I sneezed out have dissapeared, the floor's been washed, etc. And since then, I've completely forgotten that I've sneezed and there's virtually no evidence that I did. But does that mean I never sneezed? No. Just to put things in perspective.

BTW, no hard feelings in the debate here, I've actually had a lot of fun with this debate.:wave:

Pongo

This is true. But look at it this way: If yesterday at exactly 3:02, I sneezed. But I've washed my hands hundreds of times since then, the germs I sneezed out have dissapeared, the floor's been washed, etc. And since then, I've completely forgotten that I've sneezed and there's virtually no evidence that I did. But does that mean I never sneezed? No. Just to put things in perspective.

Sneezing and one of the world's largest possible mammals, in my mind, are not comparable. A sneeze you can clean up and remove any evidence of occurrence. An animal like bigfoot, even if they are smart enough to hide from us as much as they do, can't POSSIBLE cover almost all evidence of their existence. We can't even do that.

imagineer boy said:
BTW, no hard feelings in the debate here, I've actually had a lot of fun with this debate.:wave:

Ditto :wave:

imagineer boy

Sneezing and one of the world's largest possible mammals, in my mind, are not comparable. A sneeze you can clean up and remove any evidence of occurrence. An animal like bigfoot, even if they are smart enough to hide from us as much as they do, can't POSSIBLE cover almost all evidence of their existence. We can't even do that.

True, that's why we have thousands of foot print castings and thousands of sightings a year.

Pongo

True, that's why we have thousands of foot print castings and thousands of sightings a year.

It's more than just footprint castings and sightings. It's ecological impacts -- a noticeable effect on the food web and on more of an impact on the environment than footprints and fur samples. I mean shelters and reproduction sites and nesting. If these animals are anything like us, they're young aren't going to just get up and walk. There has to be some space where they're cared for and raised -- a space we should be able to find.

Since you've suggested TV series and the like, I'm going to suggest a book: The Ghost with Trembling Wings. Give it a try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom