Reaction To Losing Something At WDW

Raineman

Original Poster
During our recent trip, we had a 9:00 am ADR at BOG during our first day at the parks. We had made it to the end of the early ADR line at MK when my DW couldn't find her phone and thought that she had left it on the bus. Of course, my heart sank a bit, as I was thinking about how the day would kinda be ruined if we had to miss our ADR and some of our FPs, and spend hours trying to get the phone back before we could enjoy ourselves. Luckily, she found her phone at the bottom of the new bag she was carrying it in, which was a huge relief, and we were all laughing about it. Have you guys ever lost something or thought you lost something valuable at the parks, and how well did you handle it?

belledream

I made the stupid mistake of putting my ID in my sweatshirt pocket at the airport, and upon getting to the resort to check-in, had a minor panic attack when I couldn't find it in my wallet. Then I actually had the thought, 'well maybe I'll still go to Magic Kingdom now and deal with all of this after the trip is over?' But then I found it in my pocket and shamed myself for being so reckless. :p

yellowb

I have had a little good luck with losing items. I once had a camera slide out of my cargo pocket in my shorts after getting off of Big Thunder Mountain. Didn't notice it until we were almost out of Frontierland. Went back to the exit and fortunately someone gave it to a CM. Had the same thing happen with my phone after getting off of Rockin Roller Coaster on a separate trip. Heart dropped really fast on both occasions. My wife didn't have such good luck after losing a pair of designer sun glasses after leaving it on one of the benches in Finding Nemo the Musical. She had only left them for 1 minute before heading back to retrieve them, and they were gone.

Phonedave

My daughter left her ear hat in Chefs de France. They had it at Lost and Found the next day. Unless a guest finds something and keeps it, there is a really good chance that whatever you loose will turn up at lost and found.

-dave

worldfanatic

I can relate to that stupid, foolish feeling of thinking you've lost something at WDW, only to learn later that you hadn't.
On my first night of a 10 day trip in July of 2013, I made my way over from Saratoga Springs to Downtown Disney for what I thought would be dinner & a couple drinks before an early night in bed to charge up for the fun ahead.
Well 5 hours later, after stops at Lava Lounge, Paradiso 37, Raglan Road, & Kook's Sports Bar (across the street @ Buena Vista Palace), I finally got back to my room around 1:30AM.
Fast forward to 11 AM the next morning.

In addition to my well-deserved hangover, I had the sickening surprise of seeing one of my credit cards wasn't in my wallet.
It was strange because I had used a different card & cash during the entire evening out. But I figured I must have gotten it out and then changed my mind about using it, and left it on the counter.
So instead of soaking up the joy of my first full day in the "World", I had to get on the phone and start calling all those places I'd visited the night before.
No luck at all.
Although I found it interesting how many cards are constantly left behind by morons like me. One of the places had 12 forgotten cards from the night before, but none with my name on it.
So of course I then had to call and cancel the card & hope it hadn't ended up in dishonest hands.
I was totally disgusted with myself.
About an hour later I was going through all the brochures/paperwork I had been given & collected during check-in, and that stupid credit card fell out onto the floor.
Definitely a relief, but made me feel like a complete idiot.
Oh well.

Despite the rough start, it still ended up being one of the best WDW trips I've ever taken. Hopefully I've learned a lesson and it won't happen again, but we'll see.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

"Who cares. I'm at Disney."

Best way to not lose stuff is to not carry anything other than your Magic Band. We are glued to our phones/computers every day, so my phone stays in the room while I'm at Disney.

Roakor

Many years ago, in 2000, we were eating dinner and when it came time to pay the bill I suddenly realized I had left my wallet in the hotel room. I promised the waitress I would return and pay the bill. This was back before the dinning plan and most restaurants you could just walk into without making a reservation 180 days in advance. So they didn't have any CC info or any way of really finding me at all if I didn't return. the waitress however smiled and said it was ok, that I could come back later and pay. I walked/ran strait to the hotel and back. We were dinning at the Norway restaurant (before the princesses took it over) so it was a bit of a jog from the back of epcot to the front, catch the buss to the hotel then back to epcot and jog back to the restaurant. I made it in less than an hour. I think I gave the waitress a 30% tip that time.

On a following trip I lost my youngest daughter at the hotel. she was swimming in the pool while me and my oldest daughter were watching the movie right by the pool. We were looking over and checking on her every few min and then one time we couldn't find her. Was in a panic for about 30 min until a hotel CM came up to me, daughter in tow, asking if I lost something. Apparently she had gotten out of the pool and couldn't find us so went straight to a CM and told them she lost us. Just as I had told her to do if we ever got separated while at Disney. Some times kids do actually listen.

Roakor

"Who cares. I'm at Disney."

Best way to not lose stuff is to not carry anything other than your Magic Band. We are glued to our phones/computers every day, so my phone stays in the room while I'm at Disney.

Oddly I use my phone more at Disney then any other place. The Disney app really helps in keeping track of fastpasses & reservations. As well as making/changing them. and since the camera on the phone is really nice I just use it now.

Siren

I thought I lost my Driver's License once. I was carrying a huge over sized bag and I had to empty out everything in my bag and search for like thirty minutes. But, it was in my wallet the whole time hiding behind another card. LOL.

wannabeBelle

A friend of mine lost her prescription sunglasses at Grand Fiesta Tour in the Mexican Pavilion. Literally she dropped them into the water of the ride. A few days later they turned up safe and sound after they had been fished out of the water at the ride, at the Lost and Found at the TTC center. It was not a happy circumstance for her on that day that she lost them, as her glasses are a bit pricey, but all is well that ends well! Marie

Zipadeelady

During our 2008 trip we went to Disney Quest and while playing a game my daughter took off her lanyard full of pins to play a game where you ride a motorcycle, when she was done got she got up and walked away. About a half hour later she realized it was missing, we went back and of course it was gone. We looked every where, went to the office, lost and found. It was gone. She was crushed and I was so angry. Not at her but at someone taking it when it was so obvious that it was a little girls lanyard. I know i shouldn't have been surprised it wasn't turned in but that's not how we are and I always try to assume that most people are honest. Anyway, the next day we were at a shop in Tomorrowland and I was telling the clerk what happened and she let my daughter have her pick of lanyards and two new pins. I was very grateful that she would do this for my daughter.

I realize that retelling this story I'm still a little bit ticked off. o_O

StarWarsGirl

I made the stupid mistake of putting my ID in my sweatshirt pocket at the airport, and upon getting to the resort to check-in, had a minor panic attack when I couldn't find it in my wallet. Then I actually had the thought, 'well maybe I'll still go to Magic Kingdom now and deal with all of this after the trip is over?' But then I found it in my pocket and shamed myself for being so reckless. :p
My uncle once did that. Except he put it in his shoe. Then he proceeded to wear his shoes around for two days, not realozing his license was there. :hilarious:

redsfan4life

My wife lost her ID on Space Mountain on Sept 2006 . She had it in the card holder on her laynard like I advised her not to and it flew out somewhere in the dark. Never was found . What a sight people saw on the exit of the ride 2 people blaming each other with thier Honeymoon pins on . We laugh about it now but sure it was a sight . Anniversary trip coming up about 3 months . She needed a new one anyway with her married name .

PrincessNelly_NJ

I some how lost my only pair of sunglasses at the CSR bus stop on our very first day.

I was a little upset about it because no one wants to lose their things. However, the part that upset me the most is dishing out $30 for sunglasses I didn't even like at the Emporium! :banghead:

hanwill

Lost an SD card out of my camera at Disneyland (actually I think it was stolen)....I had the camera hanging on the back of the stroller and I sat down beside the stroller and turned the stroller towards me... well- someone was sitting next to the back of the stroller... as soon as I saw the camera shaking, I got it... but I think the guy stole it...

Once- I thought I lost my husbands wallet in Epcot... I had it in the backpack.We had been at Test Track and walked over to Soarin... Then he needed his wallet- and it wasn't in the back pack... After a frantic search at Soarin and a race back to TT (where the nice CM tried to help us)- we found it in the back pack...

And last week- I thought I had lost my ID at the airport after I had gotten it out...but I was just crazy.... I found it after a few minutes...

It was all ok- except for the guy that stole my Sd card...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom