Reaction To Losing Something At WDW

AndyS2992

I've never lost anything but have found many cameras and cell phones on ride vehicle seats or on the ground over the years. Some really nice, expensive cameras too. I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to keep some of them but that's not who I am and I have always handed them in to guest services as I would like to think that's what other people would do if it was my stuff.

mf1972

I lost my iPhone on test track a few years ago, but got it back the next day at their lost & found center. forgot what they call it.
also left my back pack on a bus returning from DD. that had everything in it. wallet, phone, camera, etc. the driver turned it in later that evening.
I've tried to leave myself behind, but somehow keep returning home...:rolleyes:

slappy magoo

1997, I was at WDW with my first wife, we went to Typhoon Lagoon, got in the lazy river. I was slathered with so much sunscreen, my wedding ring popped off my finger, but I had no idea exactly when. To make matters worse, I usually wear glasses but had taken them off and put them in a locker. I literally walked backwards, against the slow current, feeling my way along every seam in the lazy river assuming it would be tucked somewhere there, and pretty much the first seam we crossed from where we entered the lazy river, that's where I found it.

A story where we didn't lose anything, but on our 2012 trip, we were on It's a Small World and saw a few stuffed animals that someone else dropped in the water. Slapperina wanted to know why they were there, so I came up with some scenarios where kids were naughty and trying to hit each other and dropped them, and used it as a lesson to not be naughty and make sure you hold on to anything you have in your hands so it doesn't happen to you. For weeks after the trip, she wanted me to tell that story again, it was my Freebird for a while, the only thing out of my mouth she wanted to hear.

gibson12

I left a phone in the pocket of the Barnstormer. When I realized it two hours later, I asked the CM standing out front if they had found one and he tried to send me to guest services. I asked if he wouldn't mind just checking the pocket to see if it happened to be there, and he said that they look through them frequently and that if it was still there, they would have found it. I was pretty anxious about it, so I then asked if he would please just ask the CMs up by the ride if they happened to be holding it up there. He asked me to describe it, at which time a second CM happened to walk by and heard my description--it was sitting right there in the booth at the front of the queue where we had been standing and talking. I got lucky that time--my thought is that a guest turned it in, because I've never noticed a CM checking any ride vehicle while I was waiting to load.

TLtron

This happened back during our March of 2007 trip. DW, myself, our 2 teenagers, and DW's 81-yr-old mother ("MaMaw") all went for a week long trip to the World. MaMaw could hardly walk, so needless to say she used a wheelchair during the majority of the time throughout the parks.
On one particular day (I think it was our 2nd or 3rd day of the trip, if I remember correctly) we had it all planned out to hit MK for a few hours in the morning, then leave around lunchtime, and head over to Epcot for the remainder of the day & watch Illuminations. So we arrived at MK for rope drop, hit a few of our favorites (HM, Pan, and POTC). After a quick bite for brunch at Pinocchio's Village Haus, we headed to the park exit & the monorail. We rolled MaMaw over to a good window seat, so she could look out as our monorail traveled. Surprisingly, Epcot seemed more crowded than MK on this particular day. o_O Maybe because this was approaching the mid-afternoon rush. We spent an exhausting (yet fun) day at Epcot, hit all our favorite rides, had dinner at Le Cellier, stayed for Iluminations at 11pm, then hopped on a resort bus back to FQ.
We get back to our resort room around midnite. We were all completely worn out after a long day, especially our 2 daughters. Just as we're about to call it a night, my oldest yells: "MaMaw!!" Holy beef pudding, we forgot MaMaw back on the monorail from when we left MK earlier in the day!! It must have been because of all the commotion when we made the transition from the resort loop monorail to the Epcot monorail at TTC earlier, that we were just not keeping our wits about us, and accidentally left her over in the corner of the train.
Without hesitation, I sprung from bed, and (in my pajamas) rush back to TTC (luckily we had a rental car that trip, or else I would have been in big trouble). I drove as fast as I could without getting a speeding ticket. Got to TTC, and thankfully, there was some sort of EMH going on at MK that night...so the monorails were still running! I found our train, found MaMaw still sitting in her wheelchair by the window (who was pretty much speechless by that time, other than uttering "Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas" over and over and over again in a dazed & confused look.) I got her back to the resort, and we all took her to a 24-hr clinic in Kissimmee near I-Drive where they used some form of therapeutic meditation to get the automated safety speil from the monorail outta her head. Thankfully she was okay, and after sleeping for most of the following day, we were able to enjoy the remainder of our vacation with no further ordeal. After that incident, MaMaw was able to speak better Spanish than anyone I've ever known.

Last edited:

GVentola

I lost a Disney gift card once, one of those miniature ones with a wrist band. I went back to the last place I saw it, a food/drink stand in Future World. I was afraid the Cast Member would think I was accusing her of stealing it, but I just wanted to know if she'd perhaps seen it and turned it in. She hadn't, so I went to Guest Relations. They hadn't seen it, but gave me a new card with the same balance on it. Then later, I put my hand in my pocket and there was the original card! I returned to Guest Relations and gave them back the extra card.

I lost my sandal once at Typhoon Lagoon. I had to buy a pair of water shoes so I could drive home and not be barefoot. Which I think may be illegal in Florida, not sure. Lost and Found never recovered my missing shoe.

My mother was at Downtown Disney Marketplace when she noticed the diamond in her wedding ring was gone. God was with us, because I almost immediately found it by the door of the Gourmet Pantry. Mom said when it was found, she didn't feel so much relieved as she still felt a sense of dread.

I've turned in cards, cameras, and small things like handmade, personalized bracelets to Guest Relations. Wish I could see the reaction when the "losers" find out their precious item is safe. Once I turned in a really big, old-fashioned camera that was sitting on a water fountain outside a men's restroom near Spaceship Earth. The cast member who took it from me gave me a coupon for free popcorn. I tend to wonder, though, if the guy who owned the camera left it there on purpose while he went to the bathroom. He probably freaked out. I just hope he had the sense to go to Guest Relations. Better me take it then some thief, though.

DarthMileZ

in 2008 we lost our digital camera at the end of the trip at animal kingdom, pretty sure it fell off the bridge as you enter the park (dont ask) lol

more recently i lost my sun glasses in the wave pool at TL, i stupidly forgot they were still on my face :D

NiarrNDisney

One trip in December we had just finished dinner and were making our way to the Christmas Show outside of the American Adventure when my air headed sister realized she misplaced a Disney shopping bag that contained her Kate Spade jacket and a couple gifts she purchased during the day around the World Showcase. We contacted lost and found and they said they would keep an eye out for it but after three days we ended up having to repurchase some items and were sans a very expensive coat. The Mouse surprisingly did replace an ornament that she had a receipt for but the rest was lost. Frankly I'm shocked that is all she lost considering my sisters ability to keep track of anything!

JIMINYCR

I had a hat that I had bought on one of my first trips to Disney. It came with me on every successive trip. Two trips back it flew off my head on a Space Mtn. ride and was lost. I immediately contacted lost & found, left my contact info and checked back several days in a row. Never found. It was a depressing loss because it was with me for many trips and was irreplaceable.

Princess Kaylee

During our recent trip, we had a 9:00 am ADR at BOG during our first day at the parks. We had made it to the end of the early ADR line at MK when my DW couldn't find her phone and thought that she had left it on the bus. Of course, my heart sank a bit, as I was thinking about how the day would kinda be ruined if we had to miss our ADR and some of our FPs, and spend hours trying to get the phone back before we could enjoy ourselves. Luckily, she found her phone at the bottom of the new bag she was carrying it in, which was a huge relief, and we were all laughing about it. Have you guys ever lost something or thought you lost something valuable at the parks, and how well did you handle it?

Not at the parks but a few months ago I left my phone in the lobby at All Star Sports Resort and did not realize it until we were 5 hours out... We called and they overnighted it no charge. They were wonderful!

Tom

Beta Return
Is it just me or is Disney's Lost and Found a joke?!

It's not the company's mission to find things. The system only works if a CM or guest finds something and gives it to L&F. Without honest people, it doesn't work. Disney's is no better or worse than a stadium, or other major public place.

Nij

i stupidly left a pair of eyeglasses at DHS while changing them over with my sunglasses.
They were sent to lost and found near Magic Kingdom and I was delighted to get them back two days later.
However, We were doing a course at the now defunct Disney Institute before retrieving them and I had to explain why I was bizarrely wearing sunglasses indoors all day!
Ever since, my reaction is to wear the cool fit over sunglasses on a cord thus never having to take either pair off when switching from outdoor to inside attractions....
We learn from our mistakes eh?.... Thanks to the kind person who handed them in.

Scooter

Is it just me or is Disney's Lost and Found a joke?!
I'm not sure what you mean? My wife lost a pair of prescription sunglasses while riding Small World once. She was a wreck because they were very expensive glasses. The next day we rode the monorail to The Polynesian Resort because the lost and found is right next to it and when my wife described the glasses, they not only had them, but found them and gave them to her within minutes....so my thought is this: no...it's not a joke. It worked well for us and saved us a ton of money if we had to replace the glasses

NiarrNDisney

I'm not sure what you mean? My wife lost a pair of prescription sunglasses while riding Small World once. She was a wreck because they were very expensive glasses. The next day we rode the monorail to The Polynesian Resort because the lost and found is right next to it and when my wife described the glasses, they not only had them, but found them and gave them to her within minutes....so my thought is this: no...it's not a joke. It worked well for us and saved us a ton of money if we had to replace the glasses

My experience with them was having to call for days straight filling out a detailed description and later continuing to check in with them for almost 3 months to no avail. At least they did replace one of the items since my sister had a receipt.
However like another poster mentioned the system only works when honest people (CM's and Guest) do the right thing an take the found item to the proper place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom