Re-Do a Retheme!

MickeyMouse10

3052970-poster-1-the-norwegian-secret-to-enjoying-a-long-winter.jpg

Re-Do Norway

Much like Hogsmeade the land of the vikings will be forever in snow. The expansion of it would showcase the real people and stories of Norway. The way the pavilion was originally meant to be. The country will no longer take a back seat to Frozen. But both will equally be important aspects of the pavilion’s theming.

H0045-L343691045_original.JPG

Re-Do: Expansion Area

SeaVenture
----- (boat ride, similar to maelstrom and pirates of the caribbean)
----- (Venture aboard a viking ship through the ocean and icy terrains of norway. Along the way you will see the warrior men and women who fought for Oden and the other Gods of Viking lore. Plus bear witness to creatures thought to be just mere myths and legends. This attraction would serve as a bit of an homage to maelstrom. The classic attraction that was eventually replaced by frozen, but it will be different in many ways and feel more like Pirates of the Caribbean.)

The Lochness Monsta

Ahhhhhh yesss, we miss you Maelstrom. I actually think Frozen is a better ride, but I don't think we had to lose what we had. Disney World has plenty of space, we could have had both.

Snow Queen 83

Yeah, I'm definitely a Frozen gal, but I see your point completely. By going so Ip with it it has lost it's heritage a bit. I would have put a Frozen ride or land at magic or hollywood.

Miru

SeaVenture could be pretty cool if we managed to have our own vehicles appear more modern, as if the modern world had entered the Norse Mythological realms, and this is a touring service of what was thought to be mythical.

Sneakman

What I’m not redoing is a retheme, but updates given to attractions. Closest thread I could get to my idea.

PIRATES OF THE CARRIBIEN: The auction scene
I know we all aren’t Gaga for “ten for a hen”, but I think the rum bit could work if expanded on. Here’s my pitch: Redd and the auctioneer are trying to run an auction of stolen good, with valuable things like paintings, furniture, livestock, jewelry, all being mentioned by the pair. But the pirates in the audacience have little interest. All they want is Rum! They makes cracks about the things being offered like in the original scene : “will I take it? that depends, do the eggs have liquor in em?” “Nice table, better to put me rum on!” “That painting ain’t worth the scud on my boot! Now the rum, now that’s an artistic masterpiece!” (I’m not the best at writing jokes like these). Then Redd Chimes in, saying that they’ve had enough, while the pirates respond in retaliation : “aw come one, one more sip” “I plunder better when I’ve had a few!” “No rum! Whats the point of pirating then?”. They then begin to chant “we wants the rum!” Ala “we wants the redhead”, until red fires a shot, calms them down, scene repeat. I’m not the best at writing these jokes, but they’re only a proof of concept. A better actual imagineer would probably have better Jokes than what I have. My idea was the keep the same structure as the og, but update the content of the joke for modern times. Also “we wants the rum” would def sell merch.

edit; I have decided to do my own full “country bear musical jamboree rewrite”. This will be kidna close to a script in some parts, so it will be long

Last edited:

Sneakman

This is a long one, so sorry.
While I do like the country bear musical jamboree, I do think it could’ve been better, even if it keeps the soul of the bears. And I’m going to challenge myself: it still all has to be Disney songs in the main portion of the show.

COUNTRY BEAR MUSICAL JAMBOREE: THE SNEAKMAN CUT.
The show begins with Buff, Max and Melvin telling Henry to hurry up, just as they have for years and years before.
Max: “Hey Henry, let’s get on with the show, he can’t hang around here all day”
Max: “be paitent, takes a little doing”
Melvin: “were kinda hung up here”
Speaker tricks makes it sound like Henry is speaking from behind the audience. He says “take it easy boys, we’re ready to start.” Through the magic of audio, Henry “walks down to the stage”. As he walks by, we hear henry mutter to himself “the nerve of some people”. Henry then says “gimmie a little intro there Gomer, and then gives out his intro. Then, he welcomes on the five bear rugs, and he and them sing a uptempo, “Bear band serenade reminiscent” version of “bear necessities”.
Then, Trixie comes on. She begins to sing the opening verses of “I won’t say I’m in love”, but then buff max and Melvin burst in, saying that she’s been doing this routine for years, and she can’t hide her true feelings. Trixie sings Meg’s parts, while the three trophy heads sing the muses part in a way of chastising trixie.
Kiss the Girl stays the same.
The Three Sun Bonnets sing “someday my Prince will come”, with the slideshow being showing one of the three trying to woo a male bear, but getting denied. Every time on the slideshow, the romantic gesture gets comically bigger and bigger until it is very much overkill, with a humorous rejection every time to boot.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocoius with stays the same as It is during the show.
Shaker and Wendell labeled as “the mineral kings”, with max remarking they “sound better than they look”. They sing a jaunty version of “you’ve got a friend in me” in a Duet, with buff, max and Melvin doing background vocals. Shaker is wearing a furry hat, and at the end of the song, a skunk pops out and sings the final “you’ve got a friend In me”. As the lights go down, we hear Shaker and Wendell scramble offstage to get away, crashes to boot. At the end of the crashes, we hear shaker remark, “well, that’s the end of that suit”
The “spotlight over here Rufus” bit from the opening from the real show happens here, but then Teddi Barra descends, with the three trophy heads cheering her on. Teddi sings rainbow connection. Henry joins In halfway through, and they sing the end part together. They then have the fan favorite “soon as I get a ladder” dialogue.
We hear a twang. Then a second twang. Out comes big Al. The then belts out “remember me” in the only way big al can, while crying all the way through. Once he gets to the final verse “until your in my arms again” he breaks down, saying he can’t go on, and beginning to cry. Melvin says “those poor curtains!” Henry then chuckles to himself, saying that “we’ll remember THAT performance for a long time”. Buff then retorts saying, “speak for yourself, I want to forget it!”
Henry then remarks that through good times and bad times, the bears are a family, and always stick together. He then sings the first first of “if I didn’t have you” with max interjecting with the “no way” on the handsome line. The second verse is rewritten to be about how the bears would “give it all away” to sing one more tune together. Each of the different acts sings a different line from the show on their own, with everyone singing together on the final few “I wouldn’t have nothing if I didn’t have you”’s.
Then big Al comes out again with “blood on the saddle” once everyone is done singing, with buff max and Melvin commanding Henry to get him off the stage, and how he’s had us turn. As he sings the last part of blood on the saddle, a prop cane slowly slides across his stage, with the Curtians closing, and a crash sounding after he finishes (I couldn’t help
Myself, sorry). Henry then says their one big happy family, thanks for coming, then come again plays.
This is a concept of what I would do. I tried to make it still true to the original show, and keeping what the current show did well, while rearranging some acts for better humor, and to fit in more time for some new acts I came up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom