Re-Do a Retheme!

MickeyMouse10

Re-Do: Liberty Square

Next up I'd like to take a look at Liberty Square and try to improve it. Starting with something many Disney fans have been asking for.

Leota.png

Re-Do: Empty Space, near Haunted Mansion

Madame Leotas’
----- (table service, similar to Be Our Guest)
----- (Located to the left of the Haunted Mansion and along the river. Inside of the areas’ oldest known graveyard lies an underground mausoleum restaurant. Where everything is themed to the attraction, even the undead waiters and waitresses that serve you. During extra special Halloween events you can even meet the Hitchhiker Ghosts, the Hatbox Ghost and Madame Leota herself.)

Last edited:

Frankenstein79

Definitely a no brainer, to have a Haunted Mansion restaurant. Even current Disney could come up with one.

You don't give them much credit, but even still you give Disney too much credit. They've managed to screwup every company they own lately. Pixar... bombs, Star Wars... bombs, Marvel... bombs, Disney Animation... bombs, Attraction based movies... bombs and Live Actions... bombs.

The Lochness Monsta

You don't give them much credit, but even still you give Disney too much credit. They've managed to screwup every company they own lately. Pixar... bombs, Star Wars... bombs, Marvel... bombs, Disney Animation... bombs, Attraction based movies... bombs and Live Actions... bombs.

Yeah, I miss the old Disney that used just make entertainment. And not try to put in their unneeded messages. I don't give a rat's ... what their opinions are just entertain us for Christ's sakes.

Miru

Can I retheme something that hasn’t gotten an official retheme? I have a heck of an idea for Rip Saw Falls, for one. It’ll sure be a masterpiece.

Miru

Ah okay

One Piece Ride: RED (Retheme of Rip Saw Falls)

In order to replace the dated, aging theme of Rip Saw Falls, we’ve called in Eiichiro Oda to retheme it to his series One Piece, specifically the semi-canon 2022 film of the series. Much like the film, the ride’s storyline involves the Straw Hat crew visiting Uta’s island for a concert. Here however, things don’t go as horribly wrong as they did in the movie, leading to the darkest ending in any family film I’ve ever seen, to fit with Toon Lagoon better. The ride’s layout is unchanged, but more of the ride is enclosed and there are now a large number of animatronics as opposed to the simple figures that Rip Saw Falls had, plus projections, bubbles, and more. You will still get massively soaked as Uta tries to get these “pirates” off her island while Luffy tries to reach out to her trauma, except now she doesn’t have to deal with the Marines or genuinely evil pirates, so it feels more personal and simplified. New World, of course, plays at the finale of the ride, with a dancing animatronic Uta. Of course, at the exit, you can get a plush of her and other such memorabilia, much of it produced by and for Universal Studios.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

disney's american dream.jpg

Re-Do: Hall of Presidents

Disney’s American Dream
----- (omnimover, similar to spaceship earth)
----- (I think “Hall of Presidents” is a great show, but eventually it will need to be replaced because of the high number of presidents. Plus because of the high amount of people who are offended by certain presidents, based on their political allegiances. I think it would be better to have an Omnimover that shows important events throughout U.S. History like Ben Franklin discovering electricity and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It would feel very similar to Spaceship earth in Epcot and have human like animatronics.)

PrinceCharming617

I love Hall, but I'd rather see a cool ride attraction like Spaceship Earth in it's spot. Maybe then people will stop yelling at the presidents.

Plus it's not realistic, Joe Biden doesn't mumble and look around with a blank expression. hahaha

The Lochness Monsta

Call me crazy, but I never thought Hall of Presidents belonged in a castle park. It seems too reality based for a mostly fantasy based park. Especially when you have it next Haunted Mansion and now Tiana. It feels like something that should be at Epcot.

MickeyMouse10

Amos-Ben-and-Me-Liberty-Tree6-scaled.jpg

Re-Do: Sleepy Hollow Refreshments

Freedom Faire
----- (walkup, similar to sleepy hollow)
----- (Since Sleepy Hollow is getting it’s own section I figured it would be best to retheme it’s old snack spot. The only difference between the last version and this one is instead of Mickey Waffles it would sell Amos’ Waffles. Themed after the mouse from Ben and Me.)

Miru

Call me crazy, but I never thought Hall of Presidents belonged in a castle park. It seems too reality based for a mostly fantasy based park. Especially when you have it next Haunted Mansion and now Tiana. It feels like something that should be at Epcot.
To be fair, HM isn’t that whimsical (or at least, it wasn’t back in the day); people genuinely believe ghosts are a lot like the ones on HM. The ghosts behavior is the main whimsical part of it, though later revisions by newer generations of imagineers have been iffy. Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion is a good reference for this sort of thing, especially the article called “Decadence”.

I did have an idea for GSS… but it might be something more extensive than a retheme per se given how simple the ride is. But speaking of simple…

The Color Wheel (Retheme of Pixar Pal A Round)

The Color Wheel is an old-fashioned Ferris wheel themed to an animator’s color palette, and the many colors of Disney characters and worlds alike. The central Mickey head is a Mickey head splattered with paint colors, as if he was hard at work painting animation cels. Once you get in line, you can notice some placards honoring the history of Ferris wheels as a whole, as well as the history of cel animation painting and inking. The wheel is set up so vehicles of complimentary colors are across from each other, so it resembles the concept of a color wheel, and the characters shown are (arranged clockwise)

1698103670831.jpeg

Joy (Inside Out)
Winnie the Pooh
Hekapoo (Star Vs the Forces of Evil)
Powerline (A Goofy Movie)
Lightning McQueen
Princess Aurora
Figment (Journey Into Imagination)
Stitch
Sorcerer Mickey
James P. Sullivan (Monsters Inc)
Kermit the Frog
Oogie Boogie

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom