Re-Do a Retheme!

MickeyMouse10

I love Tiana, but she seems to get a lot of attention. Especially for a movie that cost 105 million to make and only made 271 million. I don't remember any other princesses in the past 30 years (since 93) grossing so little at the box office and getting so much attention.

I can understand why she's being showcased. I just wish one of my favorite rides wasn't being rethemed. It doesn't even make any sense for Florida.

In Magic Kingdom it's Frontierland (in the 1800's), not New Orleans (in 1926). Even if they plan to change the land completely it still doesn't fit, because you have Big Thunder and Country Bears in MK. The same goes for Disneyland, you can't remove Critter Country. Because Winnie the Pooh wouldn't make sense. It was already a tough sell for an English teddy bear.

Goofy Ninja

Disney seems not to care whether something fits or not anymore thematically.

All say this though at least attraction-wise Epcot and Hollywood have been upgraded. They got rid of some real stinkers like the Backlot Tour and Ellen's Energy.

MickeyMouse10

4357818291_e21295579a_b.jpg

Re-Do: Frontierland

Critter Country

A retheme of Frontierland seems like it maybe in the cards. And I’d be up for it as long as a New Frontierland would be built and still exist north of it, along the northwest portions of the Rivers of America.

The replacement would be a new forested Country area. Where some of the most lovable animals live that you could ever meet. But also some of the most unlovable ones as well. Out to steal or even eat the other inhabitants of the land.

PrinceCharming617

I'm totally against getting rid of Frontierland as is, but this would be a nice alternative. And it would actually fit with Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

I agree, Walt would be p'ed with the idea.

If they are just removing it because bad stuff happened during this time. Then that's pretty stupid and we can't have any lands. Because bad stuff happens during every time period man. Critter Country does seem like a good compromise though. If it replaced Frontier and they went with the Encanto and Coco ideas behind Big Thunder.

MickeyMouse10

I'm totally against getting rid of Frontierland as is, but this would be a nice alternative. And it would actually fit with Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Exactly, I'd be alright with Critter Country over Tiana in Frontierland or the rumored New Orleans replacement. At least it would help Tiana make more sense for the area.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Quick Service Restaurants

Re-Do: Golden Oak Outpost

Critter Country Jailhouse
----- (walkup, similar to original)
----- (Themed after a jailhouse with bars on the windows. This walkup sells various treats themed after the baddies of the land. One of the evil-doers even has his own attraction.)

IMG_1810.jpeg

Re-Do: Pecos Bill

Beavers Hollow Restaurant
----- (quick service, similar to roaring fork)
----- (The Beaver Brothers have taken hold of the property and have made it all out of logs. The establishment sells Campside foods like Burgers, Hot Dogs and Smores. Funny pictures are all throughout the establishment, featuring various members of the beaver family, like Daredevil cousin Beavil Knievel.)

Miru

Dr. Facillier’s Tower of Terror

Redo of Mission Breakout in DCA.

I’ve started to feel like Tiana might have been based on Walt’s own life story in recent years, and the intended theme of DCA 2.0 is largely Walt’s own life story, so it’s only logical that to replace an outside IP (I also toured with a Danganronpa retheme in an imagineering contest), it’s time to bring in something truly homegrown that would still fit the dark early 20th century veneer of ToT. The exterior does look largely unchanged from the original, though the entryway now shows vodun runes along the path and the sign. Mama Odie is responsible for the symbols along the path, and she wants the riders to help dispel the tower’s cruel curse. The ride’s story is that Charlotte stayed at the hotel for Tiana and Naveen’s wedding, then she ended up turned into a frog herself, with her appearing as an animatronic in the pre-show, telling you people have been vanishing inside the tower, showing animated footage of the disappearance. Get ready to board your elevator and dispel Facillier’s last curse and the wrath of the Friends.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Dr. Facillier’s Tower of Terror

Redo of Mission Breakout in DCA.

I’ve started to feel like Tiana might have been based on Walt’s own life story in recent years, and the intended theme of DCA 2.0 is largely Walt’s own life story, so it’s only logical that to replace an outside IP (I also toured with a DanganRonpa retheme), it’s time to bring in something truly homegrown that would still fit the dark early 20th century veneer of ToT. The exterior does look largely unchanged from the original, though the entryway now shows vodun runes along the path and the sign. Mama Odie is responsible for the symbols along the path, and she wants the riders to help dispel the tower’s cruel curse. The ride’s story is that Charlotte stayed at the hotel for Tiana and Naveen’s wedding, then she ended up turned into a frog herself, with her appearing as an animatronic in the pre-show, telling you people have been vanishing inside the tower, showing animated footage of the disappearance. Get ready to board your elevator and dispel Facillier’s last curse and the wrath of the Friends.

Nice, that sounds like a winner. I'd love to go on it and experience it all.

Dr Facilier's version could work well in New Orleans Square as well, if they have the space.

Bryan_the_Imagineer

Re-Do: Splash Mountain

Western River Expedition:
(Smaller scale version of the scrapped addition planned for Frontierland in the 70s.)
(This retheme will now have guests embarking on an adventure through the town of Dry Gulch as a musical score ensues with guests going through a 52ft. plunge down the waterfall to avoid the banditos later on in the climax.)

MickeyMouse10

Re-Do: Splash Mountain

Western River Expedition:
(Smaller scale version of the scrapped addition planned for Frontierland in the 70s.)
(This retheme will now have guests embarking on an adventure through the town of Dry Gulch as a musical score ensues with guests going through a 52ft. plunge down the waterfall to avoid the banditos later on in the climax.)

Geniuses think alike, I was thinking the same thing. But I'm going to put mine in my Frontierland Expansion instead.

MickeyMouse10

country-bear-jamboree-gallery00.jpg

Re-Do: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

Country Bears Splashoree
----- (log flume ride, similar to splash mountain)
----- (Visitors finally get to see the world famous country bears in their natural habitat. Whether it be fishing in the local river, in the shower with a cap on or even the outhouse. Don't stay too long by the latter one or you might smell or hear something strange coming from within. You get to see the Bears like you never seen them before. But of course the bears can still also carry a tune as well. Singing some of their most famous songs. If that doesn't get you excited enough! A Christmas overlay would also be in the cards during the holiday season. Like they used to do for the show back at the Magic Kingdom. It sticks around like honey during the months of November thru January. This way you get plenty of opportunities to see it.)

e1e7474817f52e5fcf984550634c9b92.png

Re-Do: Big Thunder Mountain

Big Bad Wolf Mountain
----- (rollercoaster, similar to big thunder mountain)
----- (It tells the story of the 3 little pigs and the infamous and downright evil big, bad wolf. It shows the wolf’s success in blowing down the first 2 houses, but his eventual failure with the last one. There will be other animals shown that are also afraid of the wolf. They too take refuge in holes, trees and other hiding spots. Luckily for them he only has eyes for the plump little piggies.)

Goofy Ninja

I think it's a slippery slope if we start changing everything based on sensitivity.

Because it will change the Disney World we know and love and make it unrecognizable. Like Tiki Room and Haunted Mansion. They are like total classics that shouldn't be changed. If they want they can always just put a warning by the entrance. Because most people in the world aren't easily offended by things. Let's not let the Karens and Darrens decide what belongs.

PrinceCharming617

Re-Do: Big Thunder Mountain

Big Bad Wolf Mountain
----- (rollercoaster, similar to big thunder mountain)
----- (It tells the story of the 3 little pigs and the infamous and downright evil big, bad wolf. It shows the wolf’s success in blowing down the first 2 houses, but his eventual failure with the last one. There will be other animals shown that are also afraid of the wolf. They too take refuge in holes, trees and other hiding spots. Luckily for them he only has eyes for the plump little piggies.)

I actually like this better than the Big Thunder ride. It's always not had much of a story to it. You know? This puppy would add some to it that the kids would really love. .... Plus big kids like myself. hahaha

MickeyMouse10

Clara-Cluck-Looking-So-Far-vb507-600x413.jpg
Photo-Of-Alan-A-Dale.png

e607d231208e29ae1413b2340a836844.jpg

3148d32fae25e42aba854a0d7a7505d0.jpg

Re-Do: Country Bear Jamboree

Critter Country Hoedown
----- (stageshow, similar to country bears jamboree)
----- (Clara Cluck and Alan-a-Dale host the show with special guests from past attractions like america sings, splash mountain and country bears holiday hoedown’s (randy the skunk). Clara secretly loves alan, but much to her chagrin he doesn’t feel the same. which becomes apparent throughout the country western show. Clarabelle and Peter Pig, who are close friends of Clara also make appearances as well.)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

three little pigs.png

Other Establishments in Critter Country

Re-Do: Westward Ho and Big Al’s

Three Little Pigs Outpost
----- (walkups, serving hot dogs, sausages and vegan options)
----- (Meant to resemble the trio’s various homes, made from different building materials. Each walkup sells a different type of dog and different snack option.)

Re-Do: Diamond Horseshoe

Country Bear BBQ
----- (family platters, similar to diamond horseshoe)
----- (Big Al and the gang also have a big appetite for country fare. Chicken, Pork and Ribs come slathered in barbecue sauce. Mosey on over for dinner if you want to see your favorite country bears in their seasonal attire.)

Re-Do: Prairie Outpost and Supply

Mother Hen’s Pantry
----- (store, similar jolly holiday bakery)
----- (This would look like the inside of a hen house. Baby chicks would align the ceiling area along with nests. Plus signs that say no foxes or wolves allowed.)

Re-Do: Frontier Trading Post

Big Al’s Mercantile
----- (store, similar to previous store)
----- (This place would be for all of the merchandise of the land, especially the Country Bears. The atmosphere would look like a shed inside with various farming equipment.)

and

Re-Do: Restrooms

D8yngkhUIAAtKTn.jpg

Randy’s Outhouses Restrooms

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom