Raya and the Last Dragon

Giss Neric

Didn't expect for the reviews to be this good. It's currently 95% on Rottentomatoes. I was originally planning to just wait till it is free on Disney+ but now I think I'm going to watch this in theaters. First movie I'm going to see in theaters since the pandemic started. I might go on a weekday to avoid crowds.

waltography

I'm just so excited to have a Disney princess inspired from my culture (among others in SEA of course!). The combat I saw in the trailer and the sticks Raya has looks like it's based on Arnis, which is a form of Filipino martial arts.

Also, the Disney Philippines account teased that they were gonna release their very first Tagalog song for the movie which has me in all kinds of feels.

CaptainAmerica

Loved it. Moana-meets-Indiana-Jones vibe. The animation is absolutely off the charts.

Current generation, ranked:

Moana
Tangled
Raya and the Last Dragon
Wreck-It Ralph
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Zootopia
Frozen 2
Big Hero 6
Frozen

Jedijax719

We just got finished watching Raya (dropped the $30 for D+). We REALLY liked it. My only complaint, if I had one, is that it could have stood to be a little longer. But that's okay. Definitely the best animated from WDAS OR Pixar since at least Moana. It was better than Frozen 2. Of course being a SW and MCU fan, I like the action.

We figure for 2 adults and a child to go see it, it would have cost over $30 between tickets, drinks, and popcorn. The Regal theater that is 5 minutes away from us has been closed since the spring. No idea when it will be open. The Cinemark that is about 15 minutes away is not showing it (like all other Cinemarks).

The visuals and worlds were PHENOMENAL!

NateD1226

Not awful, but not that great either considering that NY theaters opened this weekend. Tom & Jerry made $13 million last weekend without those theatres. It also doesn't help that Cinemark decided not to play this movie. This could also mean that more people bought Premier Access, but Disney probably won't release those numbers unless they are insanely good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom