Raya and the Last Dragon

Mouse Trap

Not just you. If I'm going to see this movie, it'll be because of the dragon. Not the girl. Yet the dragon is practically non-existent in the posters. The focus on the girl makes me think the movie's like, Mulan 2 or something. The vibe is like, "Look! Another strong female character from the Woke Princess Factory!" Meh. Doesn't interest me in the least.

Sounds like you’re not the target audience.

brb1006

Original Poster
Not just you. If I'm going to see this movie, it'll be because of the dragon. Not the girl. Yet the dragon is practically non-existent in the posters. The focus on the girl makes me think the movie's like, Mulan 2 or something. The vibe is like, "Look! Another strong female character from the Woke Princess Factory!" Meh. Doesn't interest me in the least.
Maybe they're saving the dragon until the teaser drops.

brb1006

Original Poster
Full image
za2iw6vijkj51.jpg

Brer Panther

I have the uneasy feeling that the bear/bug thing is gonna be yet another non-talking animal sidekick that acts like a dog. Y'know, their latest attempt to repeat the success of Maximus from Tangled.

Then again, it's not a hoofed animal, so...

choco choco

Along with the posted image above, in the article it was revealed that this movie:
- Replaced its two directors
- Added one co-director
- Gave one of the previous directors' the other "co-director" position
- Added a producer who will "work with" the previous producer
- Added a new writer who will "work with" the previous writer
- Completely recast the main role

So that's two producers, four people getting some sort of co-directing credit, two writers and the main character re-recorded.

And all these changes still only delays the film by a couple months.

Like, at some point Disney, you have to admit the film isn't working and start again from scratch. This sounds like some sort of bad salvage job where you Frankenstein what you can to someone else's unconnected vision.

Way, WAAAY too many chefs.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Along with the posted image above, in the article it was revealed that this movie:
- Replaced its two directors
- Added one co-director
- Gave one of the previous directors' the other "co-director" position
- Added a producer who will "work with" the previous producer
- Added a new writer who will "work with" the previous writer
- Completely recast the main role

So that's two producers, four people getting some sort of co-directing credit, two writers and the main character re-recorded.

And all these changes still only delays the film by a couple months.

Like, at some point Disney, you have to admit the film isn't working and start again from scratch. This sounds like some sort of bad salvage job where you Frankenstein what you can to someone else's unconnected vision.

Way, WAAAY too many chefs.

You should see the making of Frozen 2 series on D+.

It shows the proces that Disney Animation goes through. It's a group process inherited from Pixar where everybody working on a project has to present to the entire studios what they've done in the past week and get feedback from the entire studio.

With Frozen 2, whole songs and plot lines were dropped and added. It was clear that if something isn't working, they kill it.

Remember that Disney Animation killed Gigantic. And here are Pixar movies that were cancelled or drastically changed:

So, if they're radically shuffling execs and actors for this movie, then that's just a sign they're still going to do whatever it takes to not just throw out to the audience just anything (like the live action Disney Studios often does... I'm looking at you Nutcracker and Artemis Fowl).

Magenta Panther

I have the uneasy feeling that the bear/bug thing is gonna be yet another non-talking animal sidekick that acts like a dog. Y'know, their latest attempt to repeat the success of Maximus from Tangled.

Then again, it's not a hoofed animal, so...

It makes me think of Appa from Avatar the Last Airbender...

LovePop

Looks boring. I don't like kungfu movies or too much fighting, not into superheros. I do love the armadillo, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom