Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Face Character Casting Call

AREM

Original Poster
Was heading into work at Casey's today, and saw a poster hanging up for a casting call for face characters to portraythe two leads from Tangled. Casting is taking place August 3-4.

The hieght range for Rapunzel is 5'4-5'7, and the hieght range for Flynn Rider is 5'10-6'1.

Thought you guys might like to know!

jt04

Was heading into work at Casey's today, and saw a poster hanging up for a casting call for face characters to portraythe two leads from Tangled. Casting is taking place August 3-4.

The hieght range for Rapunzel is 5'4-5'7, and the hieght range for Flynn Rider is 5'10-6'1.

This is excellent news. Thanks.

Biff215

Thanks for the news. I really hope this movie is 100 times better than the impression I got from the preview before TS3. I almost had the feeling that I had seen enough in those few minutes.

Azerin

Very glad they are being brought to the parks and look forward to meeting them later this year! :D The previews I have seen look good... but I didn't see the one before TS3.

JustInTime

I sure hope this movie will be good. i have always wanted Disney to do Repunzel. With that being said, Disney needs to crank up the marketing! It is coming out in 4 months and we have had 1 trailer with 0 buzz. This time last year, PATF was already all over the place (characters came out later). I am just glad they are bringing them to the parks. It will be a great addition. Now they just need go crank the marketing up.

Biff215

They seem to think that having "princess" in the title of TPatF hurt interest in that movie, so this move would appear to try to avoid the same thing. I'm not sure it makes this one any more interesting to boys, and I'm guessing this might make less money than Frog did. Just a hunch.

imagineer boy

I agree that the PatF was slightly mis-titled as it was very feminene sounding (plus, she never really was a princess in the movie, I honestly don't know why they didn't go with the simpler "Frog Prince.")

But I honestly think "Tangled" is a repulsive name. It sounds like a Dreamworks wannabe name. You can still market a film to boys despite the title. :brick:

fauna

Well, DD doesn't fit the height requirements, but...

picture.php

SoccerMickey

I'm interested to see this character... what will the hair look like, I wonder!?!

Tangled... sounds ok!

From what i've heard from several entertainment CM's is that it's going to be an indoor meet and greet location and the actual wig the girl will wear will actually be fairly short hair that will attach to a rig of long hair fed through various rafters and other nooks and crannies throughout the room giving the illusion of extremely long hair. Not sure if this is the route they are going to go with this but it's a concept they are throwing around.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Figures, I'd be too tall to be Flynn anyways.
I'm kind of worried about this movie. While I LOVE Newman, his music and score for Princess and the Frog just make me want Menken to have done it. Instead, they're wasting him on what appears to be a pretty mediocre movie. Of course, that's based off of just a little information, but still...

aladdin2007

Figures, I'd be too tall to be Flynn anyways.
I'm kind of worried about this movie. While I LOVE Newman, his music and score for Princess and the Frog just make me want Menken to have done it. Instead, they're wasting him on what appears to be a pretty mediocre movie. Of course, that's based off of just a little information, but still...

They are using Newman again for this one?? I was hoping they would move on from him, nothing he does is too memorable or all that great in disney movies. Except for toy story maybe. I miss Menken.
But yeah what happened to Disney gearing these films towards "everyone", they seem to have a problem trying to focus too hard on just boys or girls. Look at aladdin, lion king, beauty and the beast, they appealed to everyone, and now marketing is trying to only go towards one or the other all the time.

mp2bill

Cool cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom