Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Face Character Casting Call

Enchantâmes

Menken doing the score doesn't bother me, it's the fact the Glenn Slater is doing the lyrics. The lyrics for The Little Mermaid on Broadway were bad enough, but his lyrics for Love Never Dies in are horrific.
I find his lyrics to be catchy, my only gripe is he likes to repeat the name of the song very often. But I love the Love Never Dies Soundtrack, I mean its no where good as the original but the songs are still pretty good. I like his lyrics better than the horror that was the new songs for Beauty and the Beast on Broadway (by Tim Rice).

munkgirl

They should change the name from "Tangled" to "Split-Ends". Yeesh.

I saw the trailer. The prince guy makes the "Dreamworks" face :\

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3472/3398960470_05527c04b1.jpg

I'm more excited for Brave. Brave is what this movie is trying to be. Sorry Rapunzel. I really can't get too excited about another petite, blonde princess who wears pink. Oooh her hair does kung fu - well sister, you should see my hair in the morning - it starts a global thermonuclear war every day when I wake up.

Wake me up when they start working on The King of the Elves.

Enchantâmes

I'm more excited for Brave. Brave is what this movie is trying to be. Sorry Rapunzel. I really can't get too excited about another petite, blonde princess who wears pink. Oooh her hair does kung fu - well sister, you should see my hair in the morning - it starts a global thermonuclear war every day when I wake up.

First of all she wears purple (the first Disney princess to have purple as their official dress color) she is the first Disney princess to have green eyes (the second Disney female to have greens eyes after Esmeralda) and is the first Blonde Disney princess since 1985's Black Cauldron. :wave: And I think its going to be a great movie despite what every one thinks of the trailer. If you look at the production for film, its much more promising. Cynical people are thriving nowadays.

FigmentJedi

Actually, trailer's just Disney marketing being a bunch of idiotic monkeys like they've been for the last decade. Like their ad campaign for Meet the Robinsons.

Test screenings have been very positive (like surprising the directors good) and the dynamic between Rapunzel and the villain is a pretty interesting one too.

Oh and King of the Elves has either been canceled or is going under a serious overhaul into traditional animation, though I'm not sure if the latter is true.

aladdin2007

This movie looks like it will be awesome! Just take a look at this article.
http://jimhillmedia.com/Editor_In_C...ing-with-old-school-disney-drawing-style.aspx

The main guy looks like Errol Flynn or someone back from the old movies, doesnt he? She seems really young, I guess I was expecting more of an Esmerelda type character for rapunzel but I need to go back and brush up on the story not all that familair with it, but the film def looks colorful and vibrant.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom