"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

biggy H

From someone I know currently working at All Stars the mugs should go live next week. Training for the CM's is taking place at the moment.

GrumpyFan

Disney should offer a mug trade-in program, or at least a discount. I have so many mugs from previous trips that I don't know what to do with them. We donated a few several years ago, but I just can't seem to get rid of them. It would be really nice if they would offer a discount on the new mugs, if you brought in an old one. This might help with some of the backlash.

Timekeeper

Vault!!! :hungry:

2011-08-04-DisneyRFIDSodaDispenser.jpg

disney4life2008

The water will not require RFID activation.

How will water not be attached

This is just pathetic! I really do not like being monitored on how much I drink at WDW nor do I need to be reminded by a computer. It is becoming more evident as to why my hotel stay will no longer be at WDW..

1. This mug garbage is ridiculous. They are not loosing any money keeping the pop machines free but they stand to make lots of money from this new set up.

2. Fastpass+ = GARBAGE!

3. EMH - being eliminated

What is the point of staying on property????? All of the magic that once was is slowly being taken away.

disney4life2008

Disney should offer a mug trade-in program, or at least a discount. I have so many mugs from previous trips that I don't know what to do with them. We donated a few several years ago, but I just can't seem to get rid of them. It would be really nice if they would offer a discount on the new mugs, if you brought in an old one. This might help with some of the backlash.

I recently threw away about 50 mugs that were all in a box. The only one I kept is my Dixie Landings mug

flynnibus

Premium Member
Did I say the mugs were free?? NO! I completely understand that you purchase a mug and use it for the time of your stay!

Ok, if you accept that... where do you come up with..
"They are not loosing any money keeping the pop machines free"

If you paid for your mug.. your world does not change and you still get the soda you paid for.

disney4life2008

Ok, if you accept that... where do you come up with..
"They are not loosing any money keeping the pop machines free"

If you paid for your mug.. your world does not change and you still get the soda you paid for.

Because I do not like buying a mug every visit. But I am even about to go into a dicussion about why I reuse my mug - it has been said 100 times before by countless people.

Dads 2 Boys

LOL omg I lived in NY last year for work and I am an avid soda drinker. Lets just say I struggled dining out. If you ask for a diet coke -they look at you like your crazy. And there are NO free refills and they serve pop in a little glass that costs $4. HAHA

I live in NY and most restaurants offer free refills.

GrumpyFan

Because I do not like buying a mug every visit. But I am even about to go into a dicussion about why I reuse my mug - it has been said 100 times before by countless people.

I don't understand this comment, can you explain?
Disney doesn't force you to buy a mug every visit, only if you want the refills. I don't see what the issue is.
Re-using an old mug is just stealing.

disney4life2008

Most places in the U.S. offer free refills, but they're only for that visit on that day, not for every visit thereafter. They ask that you buy a new cup on your next visit, which I believe is fair and reasonable.

I was speaking of chain restaurants in NYC like Olive Garden and Red Lobster - they offer free refills during your meal. But local NYC restaurants - many do not offer free refills.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Because I do not like buying a mug every visit

And like I said... "they haven't sold 'mugs for life' in ages"

So you're upset you are being forced to pay for what you should have been paying for all along. This is simply enforcing what you should have been doing all along. You don't have to be happy about it.. but you should at least come to terms with it.

If you don't like it.. take your old 'mug for life' to Guest Relations and see what they do for you.

WannaBWendy

This seems like a lot of technology for a drink. Wondering if the economics of this works out?? Is Disney really losing that much money on drinks??

Goofyernmost

This seems like a lot of technology for a drink. Wondering if the economics of this works out?? Is Disney really losing that much money on drinks??
Why does everyone say that? It doesn't matter if Disney loses money or not. The point is that whatever you get has a value. They might be able to give out free soda, if you have paid for the cup. Then there is a good chance that they didn't lose any money. However, if you return with old mugs then you haven't paid to cover the cost of "free" refills then whatever it cost them, no matter how little, is wrong.

I wonder for all those that think it is OK to just use the old mugs every trip and never pay for it again, would you walk into a store and buy a bottle of Coke (or whatever) drink it and then go back and get another every trip into the store without paying for it? Do you know how much the store pays for the soda? Could be that it is almost nothing, but, they have a product and they are in business to sell it...not give it away. It's all part of how they pay their bills.

If you drink enough you will surely get your moneys worth so why is it so hard to accept that not paying for something that someone else pays for, no matter how small an amount it is, it is still stealing. Justify it in any manner you wish...it is still the same. If they didn't agree to provide you with it for every trip for life, then you are stealing. It doesn't matter how many uninformed, unwilling to confront CM's you talk to it doesn't change anything. If no one ever, ever mentioned it or brought it to your attention that it was not the intent, you might have an argument. Once it was pointed out, then after that it is on you!

One cannot continue to say it's OK because someone once said that it was OK. After they made the announcement that this wasn't the intent, that overrides the past CM information completely.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

Think of it this way... Next time you goto a McDonalds or subway, or whatever fast food/counter service place you visit... pay attention to how much of your total bill is your drinks. It's probably 15-25% of your bill. That's how much revenue a company could be losing.. on top of that.. it's highly profitable revenue (high margin dollars). So there is a lot of incentive to stop loss here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom