Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

Mr Bill

A fun, MyMagic+-esque element of the Coke Freestyle machines: The machines collect data on how much is dispensed of every option available. All that data goes back to Atlanta for analysis by Coca-Cola. That way if they find that people really love Raspberry Sprite or something, they can make the call to begin bottling it and putting it on the shelves of grocery stores. They're watching. Always watching.

jlsHouston

I've never seen these freestyle machines, and reading these forums is the first time I've ever even heard of them. I live on Long Island and frequent FF places often. None around here.

I'm not sure what FF places have them. Here you find them at the chains Fuddruckers and Pei Wei's. I actually don't dine at alot of FF or chain places...but occasionally I've taken a customer to Fuddruckers and that is the first place I remember seeing them and I was totally enamored. Yah I think the taste is a little off of a canned vanilla coke or one from sonic but I still LOVE the options of mixing up these flavored drinkso_O

I would love to have these machines at WDW, however I do agree they would probably cause way more delays and confusion and mess at the QS restaurants and probably not a good idea. In fact maybe as bad of an idea as Rapid Refill.

jlsHouston

No. It's not the same. Not at all.

The Freestyle machines use a micro-despensing technology. Instead of the carbonated (or non carbonated) water being mixed with the syrup, the ingredients are mixed at the point where the drink is dispensed.

So, there are cartridges that are basically the based soda flavour syrup. And flavour cartridges.

Coca-Cola_Freestyle_syrup_cartridges.jpg

Each ingredient has it's own line to the combination point (right above where you put your cup).

Here's a picture.

UY6IAmp.jpg
Ummmm...this is too too much info for me....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A fun, MyMagic+-esque element of the Coke Freestyle machines: The machines collect data on how much is dispensed of every option available. All that data goes back to Atlanta for analysis by Coca-Cola. That way if they find that people really love Raspberry Sprite or something, they can make the call to begin bottling it and putting it on the shelves of grocery stores. They're watching. Always watching.
Yes it does. It also tracks syrup levels, etc...and communicates that back to Coke as well.

For the record, the lessee of the machine also has access to this information.

jlsHouston

Yeah, the places around here that have them (that I have seen) aren't really high volume so it's not an issue. But I've seen them as the primary machine at McDonalds in NYC and can see the potential for hold ups.

I can't imagine them at our McD's.....now I do hit the one near my house when the kiddos are with me over the summer because I can take the laptop, plug in, they can play and I can work in air conditioning...the fountain area at the one I go to is just about as busy as Roaring Forks during lunch:eek:...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not sure what FF places have them. Here you find them at the chains Fuddruckers and Pei Wei's. I actually don't dine at alot of FF or chain places...but occasionally I've taken a customer to Fuddruckers and that is the first place I remember seeing them and I was totally enamored. Yah I think the taste is a little off of a canned vanilla coke or one from sonic but I still LOVE the options of mixing up these flavored drinkso_O

I would love to have these machines at WDW, however I do agree they would probably cause way more delays and confusion and mess at the QS restaurants and probably not a good idea. In fact maybe as bad of an idea as Rapid Refill.
Burger King is in the process of rolling them out systemwide. They are running about 500 units a year with upgrades.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I can't imagine them at our McD's.....now I do hit the one near my house when the kiddos are with me over the summer because I can take the laptop, plug in, they can play and I can work in air conditioning...the fountain area at the one I go to is just about as busy as Roaring Forks during lunch:eek:...
McD's, at the moment, is not interested in them at this point. They have (believe it or not) their own custom beverage rigs for drive through service.

Also, one of the chief complaints operators of the machines have had is how beverage dispensing has been lengthened.

They wouldn't work well in a very busy environment, unless there are a lot of stations.

Note...they don't have one at World of Coke's testing room. At least they didn't when I went there about a year ago...but, they did have one at the burger king down the street...:p

jlsHouston

Wow. Americans have much better beverage options than we do in Britain, we don't have soda fountains anywhere around where I live so a freestyle soda machine sounds amazing. I'll have to track down some cherry vanilla coke next time I'm over there.

Come to WDW and check out Pei Wei's! I think there is one off I 4 not too far from WDW!

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Wow. Americans have much better beverage options than we do in Britain, we don't have soda fountains anywhere around where I live so a freestyle soda machine sounds amazing. I'll have to track down some cherry vanilla coke next time I'm over there.
I'm from Canada. Whenever we do a cross-border shopping trip, we come home with 6-8 cases of pop flavours not available up here.
My son stocks up on all the Mountain Dews. I get Diet Cherry Coke and Diet Vanilla Coke.

jlsHouston

McD's, at the moment, is not interested in them at this point. They have (believe it or not) their own custom beverage rigs for drive through service.

Also, one of the chief complaints operators of the machines have had is how beverage dispensing has been lengthened.

They wouldn't work well in a very busy environment, unless there are a lot of stations.

Note...they don't have one at World of Coke's testing room. At least they didn't when I went there about a year ago...but, they did have one at the burger king down the street...:p

Yes besides the complaints alot of consumers have about the taste variation, I think the main drawback of this novel idea is time spent dispensing...too bad...I love variety and availability..and that machine certainly corners those concepts for soda pop!

Mouse_Trap

No. It's not the same. Not at all.
Each ingredient has it's own line to the combination point (right above where you put your cup).

Are you sure each has its own line all the way?
The picture isn't clear enough for me to be sure, but that would require a minimum of 24 lines just for the syrup and flavours, 29 if the cartridges that have 2 products in them have a separate line too.

Not saying it's not, but there doesn't seem that many lines visible.

msteel

There were freestyle machines in the tasting room when we were there in November of 2012. But, not prominently in the main area. They were off in the alcove farthest away from the gift shop/exit.

Goofyernmost

And don't forget issues with the germ-infested touchscreen. :hungover:
Man, that argument is getting old. How about your germ invested clothing, or the germ infested chair you just pulled out to sit on, or the germ infested railing you just held onto to get up those stairs, or the germ infested finger that you just scratched your nose with, or the germ infested door handle on your car or the germ infested pen you just used to sign your credit card slip, or the germ infested pull down bar on the ride you just took.

The list goes on and on. The world is completely and totally germ infested and like the Ghost Host in the germ infested expanding room in HM, there is only one way out. Everyone knows, or at least has been told, that the body needs to process germs to build up an immune system, yet so many decide that they know best and obsess over things that, in the long run, make them healthier in favor of insisting that there is some way to avoid what nature put there to help us live. Oh, well... it is a personal decision I guess, but, to me it just seems silly.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I have worked in the resturant business for years I don't think u should worry about the screen lol. One time just takeoff a soda nozzle at a place and see those Germs. If any soda machine is not taking care of they are very disgusting and that is not even talking about a ice machine.
And yet, people survive and no one even knows about it, except the lucky person that eventually gets to clean the machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom