Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

jlsHouston

They have the mini fridges :)

I don't know the story behind it... But there has to be a reason the freestyle coke machine rollout is so amenic. It's funny reading soda purists talk about the machine as if it's the antichrist because it uses a different mixing and ingredient system so they say it tastes aweful

I just like the soda fountains that have the flavor dispensers - so I can have a classic cherry coke :)

Me too!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Actually a lot of the units DONT have the mini-fridges there was a MFG recall and Disney pulled all of them and has been replacing them at a glacial pace supposedly all the rooms will have them by the end of this year!.

Oh come on... You know that was a temporary thing and largely in the past now

lazyboy97o

They have the mini fridges :)

I don't know the story behind it... But there has to be a reason the freestyle coke machine rollout is so amenic. It's funny reading soda purists talk about the machine as if it's the antichrist because it uses a different mixing and ingredient system so they say it tastes aweful

I just like the soda fountains that have the flavor dispensers - so I can have a classic cherry coke :)
There must be something finicky about their calibration. I've become wary of them because so often I get weird tasting soda.

lazyboy97o

You sure about that??? Looked like a normal syrup set up to me but I wasn't checking the machine out. I saw lines running out of it like normal into the wall which usually has the syrup bags or containers there. Hmmmm, I'm going to have check these machines out.
They're cartridges that fit inside the machine. You can see pictures of them online.

tribbleorlfl

I was super-excited for Coke FS when they first announced it. In reality, it's kind of hit and miss. They're often out of ice (since they're freestanding machines not attached to ice makers) and various flavors (one would think a small cartidge-based system w/ better inventory control would be easier to keep stocked than dealing w/ bibs). Classic flavors do not taste the same (ie Cherry Coke) as their brethren in traditional fountains.

Where FS does excel is having flavors you just can't get anywhere else. Sprite Zero Peach and Vanilla Barq's are magical.

TalkingHead

Count me in with the anti-Freestyle crowd. The flavor combos taste almost uniformly awful. Seems like the kind of thing a 10-year-old kid would love.

It's really case of having 10,000 different drink options that are mediocre as opposed to five or six options that actually taste good.

Hooray for progress!

surfsupdon

Prove to those who were not there in the 1990's that there really WAS a lifetime mug program, When you scan picture scan BOTH sides so the processing date can be seen as well.

Anyone's who's first visit was at the turn of the century has NEVER SEEN a lifetime mug for sale those of us who are older than dirt DO remember them and even bought a few.

There was never any writing on the mugs. Like I said, at Caribbean Beach, there were 4 mugs placed in your Resort room on the table. There was a small paper table tent in front of them explaining the rules, pricing, and conditions.

Mugs were NOT sold at Old Port Royale food court. They were only sold in the Resort room. So you had to be a Disney Resort Guest of CBR to buy the mug, directly from your room. So in essence, Resort Hoppers could not purchase the mugs, b/c they were unavailable at the dining locations.

I could even bring my mug to the now defunct Captain's Tavern restaurant for dinner and use my mug for pink lemonade (my sister's and my Disney drink of choice).

Any remember Captain's Tavern?? It was very Pirates of the Caribbean in its vibe...dark, stone walls, dark woods, and wrought iron accents. Much cooler than Shutters is, now. And they give kids paper pirate hats to wear!!!

COProgressFan

Count me in with the anti-Freestyle crowd. The flavor combos taste almost uniformly awful. Seems like the kind of thing a 10-year-old kid would love.

It's really case of having 10,000 different drink options that are mediocre as opposed to five or six options that actually taste good.

Hooray for progress!

I don't have a problem with the taste, but the inefficiency. In a busy location, you have to wait for each person ahead of you to choose their drink, then dispense it.

With a regular soda fountain, I can get my Coke down on the left end of the machine while someone else can fill their ice and get their Fanta (or whatever) down on the right end. And there is less mulling about deciding and choosing flavor options and such.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I must admit... I go through periods where I am addicted to fountain coke. I'll stop somewhere just to get the drink, even if I don't need what else they serve. I'm not supposed to have it tho... so I must resist most of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom