Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

jlsHouston

Inspired by this thread... I bought a drink for me last night as we picked up dinner on the way home from a Freestyle machine.

Cherry Coke... it didn't taste all that great

Well at least you didn't get as adventurous as me and make a vanilla orange trying for that creamsicle flavor...

jlsHouston

I must admit... I go through periods where I am addicted to fountain coke. I'll stop somewhere just to get the drink, even if I don't need what else they serve. I'm not supposed to have it tho... so I must resist most of the time.
Especially since MCD's has the larges for 99cents...but I'm always ordering half sweet and half unsweet tea...
But if you hit sonic 2-4 in the afternoon the best vanilla or cherry cokes....:)

jlsHouston

I don't have a problem with the taste, but the inefficiency. In a busy location, you have to wait for each person ahead of you to choose their drink, then dispense it.

With a regular soda fountain, I can get my Coke down on the left end of the machine while someone else can fill their ice and get their Fanta (or whatever) down on the right end. And there is less mulling about deciding and choosing flavor options and such.

There is no arguing here. The freestyle machine is not efficient at all. But I love the variety...In fact I think I am eating at Pei Wei tonight.. I will start with that wonderful chai tea, then have the mandarin, then I will hit the freestyle machine for a cherry vanilla coke..or dr pepper...

ABQ

Inspired by this thread... I bought a drink for me last night as we picked up dinner on the way home from a Freestyle machine.

Cherry Coke... it didn't taste all that great
My issue with the freestyle machines, especially at a more busy location, is that they cause massive bottlenecks (pun intended) as people spend far longer deciding on what to drink than with a typical or 10 option machine. Not worth the trouble as they don't seem to give me much in terms of flavour.

edit...opps, I see @COProgressFan already made the same point I did....what he said.

Also, as it's not a Coke product, they don't sell Moxie and can therefor stick it.

jlsHouston

The RFID Rapid fill cups have worked fine all week here at Kidani and Jambo.

It doesn't necessarily make me happy to hear this...I know I should be glad one of the changes Disney has made are no longer causing grief and mess and delays but I still hate the new Rapid Refill RFID mug program.

FrankLapidus

There is no arguing here. The freestyle machine is not efficient at all. But I love the variety...In fact I think I am eating at Pei Wei tonight.. I will start with that wonderful chai tea, then have the mandarin, then I will hit the freestyle machine for a cherry vanilla coke..or dr pepper...

You have cherry vanilla coke in America?

FrankLapidus

Yes. It's my favorite, followed by cherry vanilla dr pepper and at a freestyle soda machine you can create that drink yourself

Wow. Americans have much better beverage options than we do in Britain, we don't have soda fountains anywhere around where I live so a freestyle soda machine sounds amazing. I'll have to track down some cherry vanilla coke next time I'm over there.

DManRightHere

Wow. Americans have much better beverage options than we do in Britain, we don't have soda fountains anywhere around where I live so a freestyle soda machine sounds amazing. I'll have to track down some cherry vanilla coke next time I'm over there.

They used to sell vanilla coke here i think, then it was discontinued.

The freestyle machines I have only seen around for a few years and I've actually never used one. Their not very common among places (in Nc anyways).

Todd H

I must admit... I go through periods where I am addicted to fountain coke. I'll stop somewhere just to get the drink, even if I don't need what else they serve. I'm not supposed to have it tho... so I must resist most of the time.

I don't drink a lot of Coke any longer but I usually get one when we go to our local Zaxby's. They used to have the best fountain Coke around until they switched to the Freestyle machine. Now it tastes terrible, like I'm getting a cherry vanilla orange raspberry lime Spriteokeapepper.

FrankLapidus

They used to sell vanilla coke here i think, then it was discontinued.

The freestyle machines I have only seen around for a few years and I've actually never used one. Their not very common among places (in Nc anyways).

They've just started re-selling vanilla coke over here and I'm obsessed with it.

It probably is sad for an American to see someone get excited about soda fountains and beverages in general but in my experience you get a lot more for your money across the pond than we do in Britain. When I go to a fast-food place here I have to pay for tiny little pots of ketchup so walking into a McDonald's in America and seeing soda fountains and free ketchup is a nice change from what I'm used to at home.

jlsHouston

I don't drink a lot of Coke any longer but I usually get one when we go to our local Zaxby's. They used to have the best fountain Coke around until they switched to the Freestyle machine. Now it tastes terrible, like I'm getting a cherry vanilla orange raspberry lime Spriteokeapepper.

my grandkids make those and drink them:eek:

jlsHouston

They've just started re-selling vanilla coke over here and I'm obsessed with it.

It probably is sad for an American to see someone get excited about soda fountains and beverages in general but in my experience you get a lot more for your money across the pond than we do in Britain. When I go to a fast-food place here I have to pay for tiny little pots of ketchup so walking into a McDonald's in America and seeing soda fountains and free ketchup is a nice change from what I'm used to at home.

hahaha...we all are a bunch of dippers, get some nuggets and then we want 2 dipping sauces and McD's wants to give us 1 unless we order a 8 piece! And we all freak when they want to charge us for extra sauce!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
My issue with the freestyle machines, especially at a more busy location, is that they cause massive bottlenecks (pun intended) as people spend far longer deciding on what to drink than with a typical or 10 option machine. Not worth the trouble as they don't seem to give me much in terms of flavour.

Yeah, the places around here that have them (that I have seen) aren't really high volume so it's not an issue. But I've seen them as the primary machine at McDonalds in NYC and can see the potential for hold ups.

alissafalco

I've never seen these freestyle machines, and reading these forums is the first time I've ever even heard of them. I live on Long Island and frequent FF places often. None around here.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Same calibration as any soft drink machine but I could see some left over syrup from the last flavor making it's way in to the next drink.
No. It's not the same. Not at all.

The Freestyle machines use a micro-despensing technology. Instead of the carbonated (or non carbonated) water being mixed with the syrup, the ingredients are mixed at the point where the drink is dispensed.

So, there are cartridges that are basically the based soda flavour syrup. And flavour cartridges.

Coca-Cola_Freestyle_syrup_cartridges.jpg

Each ingredient has it's own line to the combination point (right above where you put your cup).

Here's a picture.

UY6IAmp.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

The Freestyle machines use a micro-despensing technology. Instead of the carbonated (or non carbonated) water being mixed with the syrup, the ingredients are mixed at the point where the drink is dispensed.

So, there are cartridges that are basically the based soda flavour syrup. And flavour cartridges.

Each ingredient has it's own line to the combination point (right above where you put your cup).

Here's a picture.

UY6IAmp.jpg

Magic ruiner!

Goofyernmost

Here's a picture.

UY6IAmp.jpg
How dare you confuse people with facts. And right after their minds were made up too. It's almost cruel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom