Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

bugsbunny

Next up will be crushing souls who attempt to use AAA Diamond Preferred Parking passes they bought off the Internet rather than getting them directly from AAA.

Soda and parking are cash cows for WDW that they are going out of their way to tighten up controls? As a business, yes they should worry about money getting away. But as a supposed dream maker and beacon on innovation in the theme park business, I don't see how neglected ride infrastructure can take a back seat to paper cups with embedded antennas.

And yes, I also have a cabinet full of WDW mugs when you could buy one unique to the hotel you were staying at and get free refills. I distinctly remember being told I could get free refills as long as I was staying there. Maybe that's where the confusion came from. They meant staying here as in THIS TRIP, not come back to this hotel in 12 years and still get free refills.

But those were much cooler mugs. Not the generic one size fits all they have now. That's definitely something that declined.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Soda and parking are cash cows for WDW that they are going out of their way to tighten up controls? As a business, yes they should worry about money getting away. But as a supposed dream maker and beacon on innovation in the theme park business, I don't see how neglected ride infrastructure can take a back seat to paper cups with embedded antennas.

This is the result of management by silos and forcing every unit to produce. As the F&B manager, your job is to advance your F&B numbers.. not WDW's numbers. You create the conditions where people make decisions based on what makes THEIR job work best, not what works best for the whole.

It's a bureaucratic culture that festers as organizations get bigger, and direct involvment gets less.

jaklgreen

That post went from agreeing with the Disney RFID cups and justifying why they were necessary then making a massive turn into thinking that it is bogus. Which one are you backing here? I'm confused!
I am saying that I can see why Disney put the RFID chips in their cups because they thought it would save them a lot of money. I have seen how people steal and it really does affect the business' bottom line. But I think it would have been a nice customer service gesture to just give the cups away to resort guests and let them have at it considering how Disney is making so much money off of a person when they stay there. Either way it does not affect me because I do not drink soda anymore.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The mugs don't say lifetime on them, what would be the point? The signs at the CS detailed the promotion

This is what I always thought was true until some people started posting on here that the mugs actually said lifetime on them.

Not that it matters now anyway, but I think I have a few of the "lifetime" mugs. They were short and fat compared to the current mugs and resort specific. I bought them in the 90s.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
One thing I'll miss is staring at some CP punk as I fill my Dunkin' Donuts coffee refill mug and yelling, "Are you going to do anything about it? I'm the bestest cornerback in the league and if some weak college punk thinks they can keep me from free soda pop then you've got another thing coming!" Then, I would typically moon walk across the food court and make sure that my path took me by a refrigeration unit so that I could snag a yogurt and yell, "I'm taking my breakfast too!"

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

One think I'll miss is staring at some CP punk as I fill my Dunkin' Donuts coffee refill mug and yelling, "Are you going to do anything about it? I'm the bestest cornerback in the league and if some weak college punk thinks they can keep me from free soda pop then you've got another thing coming!" Then, I would typically moon walk across the food court and make sure that my path took me by a refrigeration unit so that I could snag a yogurt and yell, "I'm taking my breakfast too!"

I've seen him do it. AND I've seen him shove a kid into the pool as he swaggered by with his free coffee and breakfast.

That man's got class.

omurice

I'm outraged by the RapidFill mugs, and I do not know why. I don't even buy soda most of the time at the resort. Why do I even care about this? I should be happy I can get free refills on coffee...
But it is outrageous. Soda theft was a real problem for WDW seriously? Makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Why is this ridiculous issue even an issue at all? How could refills be a hot button issue in any way? Because we feel like we're nickel and dimed to death, maybe. Or because we think someone was getting something for nothing which caused this idiot program in the first place.
What a shameful waste of energy. My resolution this year is -- I'm not going to worry about "small stuff" like this...

Goofyernmost

No need to they hired idiots who have no clue about disabilities to work in GS and turn everyone down.
GAC no longer exists. When it was there those "idiots" you speak of allowed everyone with a hangnail or worse, use it. That culminated in it no longer being there. The new system is designed to give people what they need, not necessarily just what they want. (everyone wanted front of the line passes) Something about that change seems right.

JimboJones123

GAC no longer exists. When it was there those "idiots" you speak of allowed everyone with a hangnail or worse, use it. That culminated in it no longer being there. The new system is designed to give people what they need, not necessarily just what they want. (everyone wanted front of the line passes) Something about that change seems right.
YES!
It is starting!!!

But seriously, the doom and gloom crowd gave up pretty quickly. Good to see Disney stick to their guns.

Vipor51

I am sure that this has been answered in this thread before but does the CR currently have the Rapid Fill system in place? We are staying at BLT this weekend and am just curious more than anything.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am sure that this has been answered in this thread before but does the CR currently have the Rapid Fill system in place? We are staying at BLT this weekend and am just curious more than anything.
Yes. At Contempo Cafe. Based on the original post it may be disabled, but its there.

ILDisneyFan

I don't care what happens with the RapidFill Program, I never used it anyway. We're only at the resort long enough to sleep and take showers, we're at the park all day and by the time we get back that area is closed! If we do eat at the resort before we go to the parks then we just buy the bottles of Coke. Now, if they ever go to a system where you could fill your mug at the resorts AND the parks then I might consider it but then I don't know if I'd want to carry the mug around all day. It's whatever...LOL! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom