Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The great mystery of the phantom life time refillable mugs. Makes one wonder if they ever really existed or not doesn't it? A lot of people say they did, but, absolutely no solid evidence, that I have seen, verifies that.

Ok I have Sasquatch on pixels at least

disneymug.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The 'Dixie Landing' mugs are ALSO lifetime mugs from this email dredged from the archives
Here's the email below

Thank you for contacting us at Walt Disney World Guest Services.

My sincere apologies in misunderstanding the type of mug you were
referencing. The larger mugs that were sold approximately 10 years and
back, are indeed lifetime mugs. They have a red top, and handle and I
believe have Briar Fox, Briar Rabbit and Bear on them. I confirmed with
the Food and Beverage Team at Port Orleans Riverside Resort and they
were very enthusiastic that yes indeed you will be able to use these in
your future visit.
If for any reason you encounter any challenges while at the resort
please do not hesitate to contact my offices.

We look forward to your future visit and hope you have a magical time.

dixiemug.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The 'Dixie Landing' mugs are ALSO lifetime mugs from this email dredged from the archives
Here's the email below

Thank you for contacting us at Walt Disney World Guest Services.

My sincere apologies in misunderstanding the type of mug you were
referencing. The larger mugs that were sold approximately 10 years and
back, are indeed lifetime mugs. They have a red top, and handle and I
believe have Briar Fox, Briar Rabbit and Bear on them. I confirmed with
the Food and Beverage Team at Port Orleans Riverside Resort and they
were very enthusiastic that yes indeed you will be able to use these in
your future visit.
If for any reason you encounter any challenges while at the resort
please do not hesitate to contact my offices.

We look forward to your future visit and hope you have a magical time.

dixiemug.jpg
That one I recognize. The resort specific mugs were much better. I have the Pepper Market one from CSR and the All Star ones which are rather plain compared to this one.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No that one's fake. I Googled 'disney lifetime mugs' and it came up.

My other disney nut buddy from ages ago has a couple of these they came from the All Star resort when it first opened.

MVC was some kind of promotion at the time. Fake no, uncommon definitely and these basically came out pre-internet so there are few searchable records as to what MVC actually WAS.

luv

Is this for real? What is MVC...Marriott Vacation Club?

Were the free refills for life mugs all non-resort specific? All of my mugs from the 90s were resort specific. I miss those.
I think it's fake. That doesn't mean such a mug never existed, but I think that one is faked. If you make it bigger, you can see the parts with the design on them are much waiver than the others.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think it's fake. That doesn't mean such a mug never existed, but I think that one is faked. If you make it bigger, you can see the parts with the design on them are much waiver than the others.

I'm simply happy that we have written proof from Disney that the old school resort mugs were indeed lifetime so we can stop arguing about whether lifetime mugs actually exist!. What I find fascinating is they seem to hold more beverage than todays designs.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm simply happy that we have written proof from Disney that the old school resort mugs were indeed lifetime so we can stop arguing about whether lifetime mugs actually exist!. What I find fascinating is they seem to hold more beverage than todays designs.

The old mugs appeared bigger, but actually don't hold that much more. I preferred the shorter, fatter design since it was more stable and not as easy to knock over.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but was that e-mail you posted something you found online or an actual e-mail you received from Disney? When did you receive it? Since it references 10 year old mugs we can backtrack to the time the lifetime mugs were sold.

Nevermind, I found it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2774805
If this E-mail is legit (based on the spelling it's not likely) and was posted in 2009 that puts the lifetime mugs into the pre-2000 time frame.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The old mugs appeared bigger, but actually don't hold that much more. I preferred the shorter, fatter design since it was more stable and not as easy to knock over.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but was that e-mail you posted something you found online or an actual e-mail you received from Disney? When did you receive it? Since it references 10 year old mugs we can backtrack to the time the lifetime mugs were sold.

Nevermind, I found it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2774805
If this E-mail is legit (based on the spelling it's not likely) and was posted in 2009 that puts the lifetime mugs into the pre-2000 time frame.

@GoofGoof - I remember the lifetime mugs from about 1992 Just about the time DVC was getting started, And since it referred to Dixie Landings we know the mugs were sold between 1991 - 2000.

I did find the E-mail in a couple of places including the one you found - I'm not concerned about the spelling because I've gotten a bunch of stuff from Disney with misspellings, I think If I got one where everything was correctly spelled THEN i'd think it was a fake. DIsney.com has misspellings all over the website.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@GoofGoof - I remember the lifetime mugs from about 1992 Just about the time DVC was getting started, And since it referred to Dixie Landings we know the mugs were sold between 1991 - 2000.

I did find the E-mail in a couple of places including the one you found - I'm not concerned about the spelling because I've gotten a bunch of stuff from Disney with misspellings, I think If I got one where everything was correctly spelled THEN i'd think it was a fake. DIsney.com has misspellings all over the website.
That assumes Disney.com works. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom