Rank the Orlando 7

captainkidd

Original Poster
Rank the Orlando 7 - RESULTS!!!!

Here's how it works - From 1 to 7, rank the theme parks in Orlando, 1 being your favorite, 7 being your least favorite. At the end of a week, I'll calculate the totals and see what we come out with.

1.Magic Kingdom
2.Epcot
3.Islands of Adventure
4.Universal Studios
5.Animal Kingdom
6.Hollywood Studios
7.Sea World

Disneybear

1. Animal Kingdom

2. Epcot

3. Islands of Adventure

4. Universal Studios

5.Magic Kingdom

6. Seaworld

7. Disney Hollywood Studios

Jakester

1. Magic Kingdom (Thats basically home for me)

2. Islands of Adventure (WWoHP is great and some great rides are here)

3. Disneys Hollywood Studios (Great theming and Fantasmic is still great)

4. Epcot (Love the countries, FW is falling apart, IllumiNations is great)

5. Universal Studios Florida (Good Rides and i love the concerts)

6. Disneys Animal Kingdom (Great theming, Just hasnt been executed to its full potential)

7. Seaworld Orlando (Love it, Nice place to enjoy)

Mickey_777

1. Magic Kingdom and Epcot (tie)
3. Disney Hollywood Studios
4. Universal Studios
5. Islands of Adventure
6. Animal Kingdom
7. I guess Seaworld (I've never been...not into jumping whales)

ScorpionX

7. SeaWorld Orlando
Although I've never been here, I've heard that the majority of the place is an aquarium, which can get boring after a while. My brother told me that Journey to Atlantic, Kraken, Manta, and Wild Arctic are all really good.
6. Universal Studios Florida
I've been to this place four times: 2001, 2009, 2010, and 2011. In 2001, the theming was on par with what was at the Disney-MGM Studios at the time. After an 8-year jump, the theming was just okay. In 2010, the theming was on the level of a Six Flags park. In 2011, it just seem like the place was a cheap carnival. Despite all this, the rides were fantastic!
5. Disney's Hollywood Studios
Although the rides are great fun, the park lost its soul when they threw out the concept of it being a real, working movie studio. Hey, it's not every day you get to tour a movie studio.
4. Disney's Animal Kingdom
Despite its great concept, the park was poorly executed due to budget cuts and a demon by the name of Michael Eisner.
3. Universal's Islands of Adventure
OK, I admit it. This is on the level of a Disney park's theming. The rides are groundbreaking. The park is beautiful. But, Universal didn't stay true to its core with the park. The majority of the rides were taken for other companies. When Disney's Hollywood Studios was built, the only companies Disney took concepts from were Lucasfilm and MGM.
2. Epcot
This park means something to the world. Although this was prominent in the 80s and early 90s, it became hidden from 1994 on. This park was built to showcase the future and to promote world harmony. This was Walt's final dream come true. Although it doesn't "entertain, inform, and inspire" like it used to, you have to make the most of what seems like a pile of junk.
1. Magic Kingdom
This is the park that made Orlando a household name. The Magic Kingdom turned a sleepy town into a bustling metropolis. This park captures the spirit of the West Coast's Disneyland. When you enter the park from under the train station, you "leave today and enter the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy." A trip to the Magic Kingdom, or any Disney park for that matter, is almost every kid's dream come true. What kid hasn't dreamt of being a swashbuckling pirate sailing the Spanish Main, riding through the Old West on a trusty steed as a cowboy, or saved the world from menacing aliens as a space ranger. This is the place where dreams come true.

BigRedDad

This would be an unfair listing, but this is how I would do it. My recent experience at US has made me think of what Disney has done wrong and what they need to do to fix it (FastPass vs Express Pass).

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Island of Adventure
3. Universal Studios
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Epcot
6. Hollywood Studios
7. Sea World (haven't been there in decades)

PartOfYourWorld

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Islands of Adventure (Just because WWOHHP is here and it's amazing)
4. EPCOT
5. Animal Kingdom
6. Sea World
7. Universal Studios

Matt and Kelly

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Islands of Adventure
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Epcot
6. Universal Studios
7. SeaWorld (never been to SW in Orlando, so I guess I have no choice but to rank it last by default)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. Island of Adventure (WWOHP made this one jump up a few spots)
4. Hollywood Studios
5. Animal Kingdom
6. Universal Studios
7. Sea World

Mukta

1. Epcot
2. Islands of Adventure
3. MK
4. AK
5. Universal
6. DHS

I've never been to Sea World, so I don't want to vote on that one.

Tater48

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Universal Studios
4. Hollywood Studios
5. Islands of Adventure
6. Sea World
7. Epcot

McClane713

1.) Islands of Adventure (and I've yet to even see WWOHP)
2.) Magic Kingdom
3.) Universal Studios
4.) Animal Kingdom (great park, awesome potential, just wish there was more to do)
5.) Hollywood Studios
6.) Sea World (only been once though)
7.) Epcot
I expect to get hatred for my rankings, especially because there seems to be such a huge cult following for Epcot. I was just so bored with it. But in all fairness, last time I went I was only 15, and Test Track, Mission:Space, and Soarin' weren't even around yet. Been meaning to give it another shot though.

Wakkie Nu Nu

1 - EPCOT
2 - Magic Kingdom
3 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
4 - Universal Studios
5 - Islands of Adventure
6 - Animal Kingdom
7 - Sea World

3,4,5 was a very difficult quagmire for me. I gave DHS the edge for superior shows, "time fillers", etc... I put US ahead of IoA simply on quantity of rides I really enjoy (I admit Mummy is my favorite coaster in Orlando), always manageable crowds, etc... but tough.)

Pete C

1. Islands of Adventure
2. Epcot
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Universal Studios
6. Hollywood Studios
7. SeaWorld

Monorail Lime

1. Epcot - official cult member :wave:
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Animal Kingdom
4. (TIE) Hollywood and Universal Studioses - both have a couple of great attractions but are weak overall

Never been:
IoA - Not really a Marvel or Potter fan. Might check it out eventually.
SeaWorld Orlando - No need to go since we live a few hours from SeaWorld San Antonio.

valleyfan

First my Honorable Mention to the smoking hot woman that does the Disney Must see tv spot that airs in the resorts, I could watch that all day.:shrug:

1....Magic Kingdom
2....Epcot
3....Universal Theme Park
4....Hollywood Studios
5....Islands of Adventure
6....Animal Kingdom
7....Sea World, but to be fair I haven't been there in over 20 years

Bravo 229

1. EPCOT Center
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Islands of Adventure
4. Universal Studios
5. Hollywood Studios
6. Animal Kingdom
7. Sea World

4 and 5 were a close tie, but I prefer the attraction roster at USF over DHS right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom