Rank the Orlando 7

docandsix

1. Magic Kingdom--It's showing its age in spots and much could be done to fix subtle and not-so-subtle flaws that the first-time, only-time guest might never notice, but it's still the pinnacle of Orlando parks.
2. Epcot--World Showcase needs a new pavilion or two, and could certainly stand a few more attractions, but by itself represents the second best park in Orlando. Future World is like an OK appetizer before a wonderful meal.
3. Animal Kingdom--Again, Disney is failing to realize potential here. Theming has suffered as merchandise has been homogenized. (Too bad the Dinosaur post-show store and Chester's and Hester's don't feature the best dinosaur toys and products on the planet, and instead suffer in comparison to the store in Jurassic Park at IOA.) A few more attractions (a new land?) and more commitment to the surroundings (stinking sewer smell by Dinoland, U.S.A.) would make it my favorite.
4. Hollywood Studios--Conceptually and thematically confused, but still has pockets where I feel like I'm elsewhere, transported to another place and time. Plus, it has the best attraction (TOT) at any park anywhere.
5. IOA--Spiderman itself makes this park worth visiting. Haven't seen Harry Potter-land yet, but the rest of the disjointed theming with abrupt transitions and bare-metal coasters left me overall unimpressed.
6. Universal Studios--Yawn.
7. Seaworld--I'd rather be in San Diego.

captainkidd

Original Poster
5. IOA--but the rest of the disjointed theming with abrupt transitions and bare-metal coasters left me overall unimpressed.

Sorry, but I have to ask - How is the theming of IOA more disjointed and abrupt than the theming of the Magic Kingdom?

JT3000

1. Islands of Adventure
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Universal Studios Florida
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Epcot
6. Disney's Hollywood Studios
7. SeaWorld Orlando

cheezbat

1.Magic Kingdom...the Original draw to the area. Can't beat it.

2.Islands of Adventure...the NEW draw to the area...and one of the most innovative in the world.

3.Universal Studios...great attractions and a much better overall feel in comparing the movie studio style parks. Mummy is probably one of my all time favorite rides...and then there's Men In Black too!

4.Epcot...World Showcase...amazing detail....Future World...some great rides, but needs some love.

5.Disney's Hollywood Studios...Tower of Terror. Nuff said.

6.Sea World...two of the best coasters in Orlando, some great animal exhibits, and a water ride I really enjoy.

7.Disney's Animal Kingdom...used to have one of the best must sees when the Yeti was working in Expedition Everest. Now, aside from some great atmosphere and some good animal habitats, not much else to speak for...especially with all of the maintenece issues and lack of attractions, this park has dropped to my seventh place ranking.

MarkTwain

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. Islands of Adventure
4. SeaWorld
5. Animal Kingdom
6. Hollywood Studios
7. Universal Studios

dave&di

1. MK
2. Epcot
3. IOA
4. HS
5. AK
6. Seaworld
7. Universal

I struggled with #2 - 3! Possibly a tie! But WDW has to be top!

SAV

1. Epcot
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Universal Studios
5. Islands of Adventure
6. DHS
7. Sea World.

EpScott

1) Epcot

2) Magic Kingdom

3) Animal Kingdom

4) Sea World
AND
Disney's Hollywood Studios

6) Universal Studios

I have not been to Islands of Adventure.

MKCP 1985

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Disney Hollywood Studios
3. Epcot
4. Universal Islands of Adventure
5. Sea World
6. Universal Studios Orlando
7. Disney's Animal Kingdom

My rankings are based on having visited all seven parks in the past 18 months. :)

Rowdy

1. Magic Kingdom.
2. Epcot.
3. Hollywood Studios.
4. Animal Kingdom.
5. Islands of Adventure.
6. Sea World.
7. Universal Studios.

Sorry, but I have to ask - How is the theming of IOA more disjointed and abrupt than the theming of the Magic Kingdom?

Must defend, Must defend! :rolleyes:

captainkidd

Original Poster
Must defend, Must defend! :rolleyes:

Not defending, I think it's a legit question. If you noticed, Magic Kingdom was my #1 park as well. I simply don't understand how someone could say IoA themed lands are any more "disjointed" than the MK's. If anything, I'd say IoA's land differentials are a bit more extreme and noticeable, but that was clearly done on purpose.

Also wanted to bump this thread for those that haven't had a chance to vote yet.:)

WDWGoof07

1. Magic Kingdom & Epcot (tie)
  2. Disney's Hollywood Studios
  3. Disney's Animal Kingdom
  4. Islands of Adventure
  5. Universal Studios Florida
  6. Sea World

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom