Rank the Disney parks you have attended from best to "least"

manmythlegend

For the record, I'm also a coaster enthusiast and travel to around 20 parks a year, Disney or otherwise. I have nothing against thrill rides, and would take more of them, sure, but simply stating facts that Disney has a different demographic. There will always be thrill rides, but they're never going to build an Incredible Hulk or a Mako. If a good chunk of your audience thinks that Incredicoaster is pretty extreme, maybe too extreme for their liking, they're not just going to throw up thrill rides all the time with abandon.

What they need more of are things everyone can do, regardless of age or size, that can move people decently. If that's a thrill ride, great. But there are lots of other options.

What I'm seeing from your posts is a ride focused mentality and constantly talking about wanting more thrill rides when, as I've said, that's not Disney's main bag and will never be. Hence my responses. Disney is not going to suddenly turn themselves into Busch Gardens or Cedar Point. That's not what they do, and for someone who's been to every Disney park, it's not coming across that you totally grasp that.

For the record, I don't even like max thrill rides. They make me throw up. There isn't a single ride in any Disney property that would show up on any list of the most thrilling rides in the world.

What I do like are rides that cause an adrenaline spike. Splash, Big Thunder, EE, Tron, etc. Many guests are able to do those rides (perhaps not the super elderly or babies though). But I would say Disney has a good balance of rides for everyone. Do you disagree with that?

The only other theme park I go to is Universal. Not really a fan of any other parks. Atmosphere and design mean a lot to me. But I still want my spike of adrenaline.

bryanfze55

What about Mermaid? That is a huge people-eater that is a decent time. But people poo all over that. I think Disney does more than one minute rides but I understand what you mean. I think Disney would be wise to build more C and D ticket smaller rides to help disperse crowds.

Little Mermaid is exactly the type of ride Disney needs to build more of, on paper...

In execution, I think the issue with Mermaid is that budget cuts made it a pretty lame ride. It has a couple cool animatronics, but it just feels incomplete. And so many areas you can point to and immediately think “wow, they blew that.”

And this is coming from someone who actually likes Frozen Ever After and Na’Vi River Journey, so I’m not particularly hard to please.

RoyalPrinceLeon

I've been to WDW many times before 2014. Never to DL or any parks outside states. Basing this on WDW 2001-2014:

1. EPCOT: Nothing compares to this theme park, if you can call it that. Uniquely a park that let's you leave wiser that when you came in.

2. Disney's MGM/Hollywood Studios: I am a sucker for movies. Because of this park, I was introduced to classics that I would never watched before. Including: Singin in the Rain, Twilight Zone, Casablanca, Indiana Jones, Alien, Fantasia, Snow White and more. Honestly, my generation takes for garnet how story is better than 'new effects' and this park open my site to new films and tv.

3. The Magic Kingdom: I would put this higher on the list. I loved the development the parks went through when New Fantasyland started to open. I felt that besides few attractions in MK such as Alien Encounter, Hall of Presidents and even Mickeys Philharmagic, The magic of the kingdom was better represented in other parks such as DL or TDL.
I will say one thing, besides EPCOT, this park was the best to watch people enjoy for the first time.

4. Disney's Animal Kingdom: To end the list, AK. I do love this park, the level of theming is greater that the sum of its parts. I even got to see the Yeti in A Mode at least 20 times. Finding Nemo and Lion King are amazing Shows. Dinosaurs has one of the most beautiful ques that really let's you wonder about history. However, I always felt this park was still growing and couldn't be seen as anywhere but the last on the list.

Now I know lots of changes have happened. I will never again be able to wander the streets of Americas. I wont be able to see "New Tomorrowland" with steam punk designs. I wont be able to sit in the quite of Camp MinnieMickey. And Epcot, god, I'll never see the East Side of Innovention or the Fountain of Nations.

But, Memories last forever and new memories are waiting to be made.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
One of my favorite boat rides in all of the Disney properties is actually Sinbad in TDS. Anyone else like that one?

Yes! “Compass of Your Heart” is one my favorite Disney attraction songs. I remember going on the original version before “Compass of Your Heart” and Chandu were added. That was....unique.

bryanfze55

Yes! “Compass of Your Heart” is one my favorite Disney attraction songs. I remember going on the original version before “Compass of Your Heart” and Chandu were added. That was....unique.

Sad to think that Disney has no desire to build a ride like that in the States - simple, original, and beautiful.

manmythlegend

Sad to think that Disney has no desire to build a ride like that in the States - simple, original, and beautiful.

Although I love it, it's listed in the planning guides as a ride you go to if all the other rides in TDS have a long wait. It has always been a walk on ride when I've visited. So Disney may be thinking that that wouldn't be super helpful.

Animaniac93-98

Although I love it, it's listed in the planning guides as a ride you go to if all the other rides in TDS have a long wait. It has always been a walk on ride when I've visited. So Disney may be thinking that that wouldn't be super helpful.

It has one of the highest hourly capacities of any Disney ride.

It was designed to move people quickly and was built before other headliners like ToT were added to the park.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes

It’s placement in the park doesn’t help it either, it’s literally a dead corner. Jasmine’s Carpets didn’t come until much later. Hopefully the extra foot traffic Fantasy Springs will create helps give Sindbad a boost.

Moon Waffle

Been to all 12 over the past 3 years. Here’s my ranking:

1. Tokyo DisneySea
2. Tokyo Disneyland
3. Disneyland
4. Shanghai Disneyland
5. Magic Kingdom
6. Disneyland Paris
7. Epcot
8. Disney’s Animal Kingdom
9. Hong Kong Disneyland
10. Disney California Adventure
11. Disney’s Hollywood Studios
12. Walt Disney Studios Park

manmythlegend

Been to all 12 over the past 3 years. Here’s my ranking:

1. Tokyo DisneySea
2. Tokyo Disneyland
3. Disneyland
4. Shanghai Disneyland
5. Magic Kingdom
6. Disneyland Paris
7. Epcot
8. Disney’s Animal Kingdom
9. Hong Kong Disneyland
10. Disney California Adventure
11. Disney’s Hollywood Studios
12. Walt Disney Studios Park

Good list. We're basically in agreement on almost everything. But I'd switch DCA with DLP :) I'm not a huge DLP fan.

rct247

Can you explain why DL Paris is above DL? I'm so confused by that.

Disneyland Paris is beautiful, not that Disneyland isn't. Disneyland is smaller and you can feel the crowds. Disneyland Paris has a better Frontierland, Adventureland, and a better Tomorrowland in terms of size, theming, and immersion. Disneyland Paris seems to have more paths to truly explore. Their Space and their Thunder are better. I didn't even get a chance to ride Phantom Manor. I also went to Disneyland Paris in the fall and the colors of the trees were striking with a cooler climate that was such a welcome difference from the heat in Florida and California. Disneyland has a better Pirates and Indy ride. It's a small world was about the same along with Buzz. I also fell in love with their Main Street with the arcades. So, that's why Disneyland is my 2nd pick even if it a very very close second pick.

Now, Magic Kingdom ranking so low on my list...well, it's in poor maintenance shape. It feels more corporate. Tomorrowland was good, but has lost much of what made it good. Even with the new Fantasyland, old Fantasyland still needs help. The crowds and the long method to get to the park make hate it. The food leaves more to be desired. Mansion, Space, and Splash are the only "better" equivs compared to Disneyland. (Space, because the layout is better, but that's the only reason.) Of all the Magic Kingdom style parks, ours feels the most tired.

Only Walt Disney Studios ranks lower in my opinion.

PiratesMansion

Disneyland Paris is beautiful, not that Disneyland isn't. Disneyland is smaller and you can feel the crowds. Disneyland Paris has a better Frontierland, Adventureland, and a better Tomorrowland in terms of size, theming, and immersion. Disneyland Paris seems to have more paths to truly explore. Their Space and their Thunder are better. I didn't even get a chance to ride Phantom Manor. I also went to Disneyland Paris in the fall and the colors of the trees were striking with a cooler climate that was such a welcome difference from the heat in Florida and California. Disneyland has a better Pirates and Indy ride. It's a small world was about the same along with Buzz. I also fell in love with their Main Street with the arcades. So, that's why Disneyland is my 2nd pick even if it a very very close second pick.

Now, Magic Kingdom ranking so low on my list...well, it's in poor maintenance shape. It feels more corporate. Tomorrowland was good, but has lost much of what made it good. Even with the new Fantasyland, old Fantasyland still needs help. The crowds and the long method to get to the park make hate it. The food leaves more to be desired. Mansion, Space, and Splash are the only "better" equivs compared to Disneyland. (Space, because the layout is better, but that's the only reason.) Of all the Magic Kingdom style parks, ours feels the most tired.

Only Walt Disney Studios ranks lower in my opinion.

Very well said!

Figments Friend

Today -

1. Disneyland Park - Anaheim, CA

2. The Magic Kingdom - Orlando, FL

3. Disney's Animal Kingdom - Orlando, FL

4. Epcot - Orlando, FL

1980s /1990s -

1. EPCOT Center - Orlando, FL

3. Disney / MGM Studios - Orlando, FL

4. Disney's Animal Kingdom - Orlando, FL

-

PiratesMansion

Today -

1. Disneyland Park - Anaheim, CA

3. Disney's Animal Kingdom - Orlando, FL

4. Epcot - Orlando, FL

1980s /1990s -

1. EPCOT Center - Orlando, FL

3. Disney / MGM Studios - Orlando, FL

4. Disney's Animal Kingdom - Orlando, FL

-

No Hollywood Studios or DCA?

Figments Friend

No Hollywood Studios or DCA?

Nope.
I rank neither above the choices I listed of the U.S. Parks.

DHS is my least favorite Disney Theme Park ...and DCA is very similar in some respects for me.
Both of course DO have some nice recent editions, but I still wouldn't rate them above my other choices.

I will say this -
I really liked DHS better when it was Disney / MGM Studios back in the days of real film and tv production.
I also really like DCA a lot more since it's major overhaul a few years ago.

:)

-

bryanfze55

Nope.

DHS is my least favorite Disney Theme Park ...and DCA is very similar in some respects for me.
Both of course DO have some nice recent editions, but I still wouldn't rate them above my other choices.

I will say this -
I really liked DHS better when it was Disney / MGM Studios back in the days of real film and tv production.

-

Unfortunately, DCA was better 5 years ago than it is now. It’s been going in the wrong direction.

manmythlegend

Nope.

I will say this -

-

Agreed on DHS. Not a big fan even though they are making additions. I don't really love the overall atmosphere of the park, feels disjointed. Food options are abysmal. The main thing I like about it is being able to walk there when I stay at an Epcot area resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom