Rank the Disney parks you have attended from best to "least"

manmythlegend

DLP is a tough one. Such a beautiful Castle Park, but the food and cast members leave much to be desired.

DCA is just schizophrenic. Can’t decide what it was, is, or wants to be.

Totally agree on DLP. I'm not a huge fan of their ride offerings either. DCA is higher for me because you can grab a beer anywhere. Absolutely love the lobster nachoes there. And Cars man, Cars. Absolutely adore that area and the ride, and the single rider line is a Godsend.

PSM

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disneyland
Hollywood Studios
California Adventure
Animal Kingdom
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach

Cars Land makes it tough to put California Adventure below Hollywood Studios because it’s done so well and it has one of the best all around Disney rides ever in Radiator Springs Racers. But Hollywood Studios just has such a big nostalgia factor for me because I’ve been going since the park opened. Plus...Tower of Terror. Seals the deal.

PiratesMansion

Totally agree on DLP. I'm not a huge fan of their ride offerings either. DCA is higher for me because you can grab a beer anywhere. Absolutely love the lobster nachoes there. And Cars man, Cars. Absolutely adore that area and the ride, and the single rider line is a Godsend.

This is why I was saying you might want to look into another theme park chain. While everyone is a fan for different reasons, to me it seems like you prioritize thrills over atmosphere. And that's fine! It actually reminds me of my main Disney buddy. He loves the parks, but mainly for the thrills, and due to circumstances, Disney is really his only option. He can't just walk into Six Flags and hop on all the rides. But thrills-mild or wild-are better experienced elsewhere IMO, unless you have something that legitimately prevents you from going anywhere else, like my friend.

DLP sells alcohol too, although it seems that's not the main reason you dislike it. While I agree that DLP's ride collection isn't elite, I'd say the best of DLP far outweighs anything at DCA for me personally. YMMV. I get that DLP as a resort has operational issues that DLR does not and I'm sure that factors in too.

Should you be open to trying something a little different, something that based on your posts would seem to fit you well in addition to Disney and/or, I would recommend trying out a Busch Gardens (either of them). They have a great blend of theming, unique (and good) food and drink options (and cheaper than Disney as a bonus), animals, and genuinely great thrill rides. While there are undoubtedly people on here who would turn their nose up at them due to perceived inferiority, they're all wonderful experiences and it seems like a place where you could have a blast, in addition to your regular Disney trips. Food for thought.

Last edited:

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes

Disneyland Paris has, for good reason, been considered as the most beautiful of the six Magic Kingdom parks.

I’m curious, putting aside opinions on thrills, or alcohol, or food, what is your opinion of the park simply in terms of themed environment design.

Even though I find Tokyo Disneyland to be my favorite magic kingdom park overall, in terms of pure design Disneyland Paris tops it.

manmythlegend

This is why I was saying you might want to look into another theme park chain. While everyone is a fan for different reasons, to me it seems like you prioritize thrills over atmosphere. And that's fine! It actually reminds me of my main Disney buddy. He loves the parks, but mainly for the thrills, and due to circumstances, Disney is really his only option. He can't just walk into Six Flags and hop on all the rides. But thrills-mild or wild-are better experienced elsewhere IMO, unless you have something that legitimately prevents you from going anywhere else, like my friend.

DLP sells alcohol too, although it seems that's not the main reason you dislike it. While I agree that DLP's ride collection isn't elite, I'd say the best of DLP far outweighs anything at DCA for me personally. YMMV. I get that DLP as a resort has operational issues that DLR does not and I'm sure that factors in too.

Should you be open to trying something a little different, something that based on your posts would seem to fit you well in addition to Disney and/or, I would recommend trying out a Busch Gardens (either of them). They have a great blend of theming, unique (and good) food and drink options (and cheaper than Disney as a bonus), animals, and genuinely great thrill rides. While there are undoubtedly people on here who would turn their nose up at them due to perceived inferiority, they're all wonderful experiences and it seems like a place where you could have a blast, in addition to your regular Disney trips. Food for thought.

I'm just sort of curious how you arrived at that conclusion based on the post you quoted? I cited grabbing a beer anywhere, I cited lobster nachos, and I cited Cars. Do you categorize Cars as a thrill ride? I personally don't but that's what's great about opinions, everyone has one. You seem to be offended and taking me to task for not being a big fan of DLP and boat rides. I just don't get why that bothers you so much.

Regardless, yes DLP has alcohol. However, I find it more prevalent at DCA. I really enjoy DCA personally and no, it's not because of thrill rides. I just enjoy myself there more. I guess I should apologize in case this offends anyone.

By the way, there is no need for me to "look into another theme park chain." I've been to all the Disney parks in the world and enjoy them. So no need to stop visiting.

Last edited:

manmythlegend

I wonder how Walt Disney would feel about people ranking his parks based on availability/selection of alcohol 😞

This is getting silly now. Every person is free to use whatever criteria they want in evaluating parks. I've actually listed several deficiencies that DLP suffers from, IMO. In my opinion is key. If others love DLP, FINE! That's totally okay. I personally don't get it but whatever. I will add that my GF has visited DL, DCA, DLP, Walt Disney Studios, TDS, and TDL. And she will tell you herself that she absolutely adores each park except for DLP and Walt Disney Studios. She hated it! Her exact words were "they feel hollow."

Last edited:

bryanfze55

This is getting silly now. Every person is free to use whatever criteria they want in evaluating parks. I've actually listed several deficiencies that DLP suffers from, IMO. In my opinion is key. If others love DLP, FINE! That's totally okay. I personally don't get it but whatever. I will add that my GF has visited DL, DCA, DLP, Walt Disney Studios, TDS, and TDL. And she will tell you herself that she absolutely adores each park except for DLP and Walt Disney Studios. She hated it! Her exact words were "they feel hollow."

Nothing personal, I’m just a purist. I don’t like that alcohol is sold in Disneyland now. Walt didn’t want that.

PiratesMansion

I'm just sort of curious how you arrived at that conclusion based on the post you quoted? I cited grabbing a beer anywhere, I cited lobster nachos, and I cited Cars. Do you categorize Cars as a thrill ride? I personally don't but that's what's great about opinions, everyone has one. You seem to be offended and taking me to task for not being a big fan of DLP and boat rides. I just don't get why that bothers you so much.

Regardless, yes DLP has alcohol. However, I find it more prevalent at DCA. I really enjoy DCA personally and no, it's not because of thrill rides. I just enjoy myself there more. I guess I should apologize in case this offends anyone.

By the way, there is no need for me to "look into another theme park chain." I've been to all the Disney parks in the world and enjoy them. So no need to stop visiting.

Not just that post, but multiple that basically say "MOAR THRILL RIDES DIZNEY!1!1," that all you care about is ride count and getting stuff done, and establish you don't care about atmosphere at all, but hey, maybe just me. Like it or not, that does suggest multiple other parks you might also like. Based on those posts, I made a recommendation that was intended in good faith of a place you might enjoy IN ADDITION TO Disney. My mistake. I've made an effort to at least explain where I'm coming from, even if you don't seem to like or understand my explanations.

I don't care whether or not you dislike DLP.

From where I'm sitting, your reading comprehension and self-awareness leave something to be desired. But whatever, you do you.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Why do so many use "eat" when they really mean "service", "treat", or "entertain"
Fine if you're talking about Universal River Adventure or Dinosaur where it logically follows to play along with the theme but otherwise "eat" is illogical.

I mean, it is faster and easier to say than some of those other examples. But really, it's just established terminology at this point. For whatever reason it stuck. Maybe it would make more sense to say people movers, but then inevitably someone would be confused by that too.

HongKongFooy

wonder how Walt Disney would feel about people ranking his parks based on availability/selection of alcohol 😞

You wonder??

I don't wonder. It's safe to say Walt would take issue.
But I'll keep drinking anyway.....at least in Epcot anyway as it greatly enhances my experience there.

danyoung56

I'm not so sure. Walt was not against drinking per se - he could put 'em down with the best of them. He wanted to keep Disneyland a family friendly environment, and at the time banning alcohol fit right in with this. Nowadays there isn't so much of a stigma against alcohol, as park goers have proved that it's possible to drink AND keep things family friendly. Of course, there is still a small percentage of people who make things rough for the rest of us. But I believe that most people can handle their drinks and still keep Disneyland the Happiest Place on Earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom