Rank the Disney parks you have attended from best to "least"

Getachew

Yep, it is better. I think most would agree, though not all.

I just think it’s odd when someone says Disneyland is #1 and MK is #10 or something. The disparity isn’t that huge. That leads me to assume people are considering things like wait times and convenience. Yes, that does affect the experience of the theme park but not the quality of the theme park itself. So I pretty much just consider theming, immersion, and attractions when I rank them.

Don’t get me wrong - I prefer DL and would spend a day there over any other park. I just gotta stand up for MK, because I think it’s kind of a punching bag... which is a shame, because it is a well-themed park that was really great once upon a time. But poor decisions by Disney have really made it a logistical nightmare. That reflects more on the Disney company than the quality of the park itself. It has great potential... sigh.
I will agree that DLP is pretty but isn't there more to it than just design? Going through people's rankings, it seems like everyone is using a different grading scale and many people seem to be leaving out food and # of attractions. DLP is horrible in both of those categories.

How is it the most difficult park to get everything done that you want to do? Explain this. Are you saying it's hard to get everything done in a single day? I would argue that's a good thing. If a person can easily get everything done in a single day (like Disney Hong Kong), I think the park is a huge disappointment.

Well as someone else mentioned, CHH is a great option. I love their fried shrimp basket. Be Our Guest is a great affordable lunch option if you're able to score a reservation. Casey's Corner has good dogs.

It's horrible. Many of the food options just don't appeal to me. Cost is expensive. For a culinary city like Paris, there is just no excuse for this.

I went to Walt's in 2012 and agree that it's a nice place with good food. However, I tried to again in 2017 because I wanted their burger. It was 50 euros. That's absolutely outrageous!!! I just took a look and seems like the burger is no longer on the menu which makes sense because nobody should be paying 50 euros for a freaking burger with waffle fries.

So I like TDL very much. But you're sort of contradicting yourself here. Earlier you said MK is hard to get everything done. My God man, have you tried dealing with the crowds at TDL? Horrendous. Makes it very, very, very difficult to get everything done. TDL has some nice single rider lines which make it a bit easier to ride but if you're in a large party, forget about it. Almost the entirety of your day will be spent waiting in crowds. And don't even get me started on their new electronic fastpass system which they've deliberately designed to favor Japanese people over foreigners. Frankly, it's disgraceful. That being said, I still have the Tokyo parks ranked high on my list.

I agree with you. For me, DL is a clear #1. It's the absolute best theme park in the world with tons of rides, a fantastic FP system. Food options are great like the fried chicken and corn dogs. I also love how convenient the park is so that you can stay at cheap hotels nearby and easily walk to the park.

But MK and DL are very similar. DL has some clear advantages that I've described above but growing up MK was always my favorite. Putting a park like DHS above MK doesn't make much sense to me. DHS is my least favorite U.S. park by far.

I like DHS ride lineup more than MK's, and I haven't even been on ROTR yet. Also, while I admit DHS is an overall mess, I personally find it more enjoyable than MK.

Getachew

I miss the Honey I Shrunk the Audience show too even though it became played out. Maybe just me longing for the days of my youth.

I have good memories of that one as a kid.

Personally, I'm excited about Guardians, even if a lot of people don't think it belongs in EPCOT.

PostScott

I like DHS ride lineup more than MK's, and I haven't even been on ROTR yet. Also, while I admit DHS is an overall mess, I personally find it more enjoyable than MK.
Yeah I agree. DHS isn't the park to just walk around in, but it has an amazing attraction lineup. Problem is is that they don't have any smaller D or C ticket attractions like MK or Epcot. So the lines at DHS are unbearable because everyone is in those lines since theres nothing else to do.
I don’t mind planning my Fastpasses two months in advance. Not at all. The issue with FP+ is that it creates enormous standby lines... Everywhere!! The only way around this is being very strategic, which can be a PITA. In order to have a good day at MK, you have to be willing to do things like PhilharMagic, Tiki Room, Country Bears, Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat, the Railroad, HoP... a lot of people don’t want to do those things, but if you enjoy them like I do, MK can be an enjoyable day. A lot of people just want to jump from E ticket to E ticket. Can’t do that at WDW... but that’s why I appreciate that MK has all those extra things to do that don’t require a massive wait. Hollywood Studios, on the other hand.... now that’s a bad experience!
Fastpasses are awesome, but they just need to reduce the amount they give out. I also don't mind planning my FPs three months in advance but when the fastpass line and the standby lines are overflowing, thats when I get frustrated.

manmythlegend

I have good memories of that one as a kid.

Personally, I'm excited about Guardians, even if a lot of people don't think it belongs in EPCOT.

Guardians looks good. I'd love to see a People mover type ride in Epcot that takes you all the way through the countries with a birdseye view.

HongKongFooy

I could see liking DLP more than DL if you're a fan of themed design. It's easily the best designed castle park and the most beautiful.

Easily indeed! That is one super lavish park and I love it. Way more beautiful than Dl Anaheim. The visuals astound. Even more beautiful than Disney Sea even though Disney Sea is loaded up with detail after detail.

bryanfze55

I actually wonder how the parks would rank in terms of visual beauty/appeal/landscaping. I haven’t been to all of them, but I’d guess it goes something like:

1. Disneyland Paris
2. DisneySea
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Disneyland
5. Hong Kong Disneyland
6. Epcot
T7. Magic Kingdom
T7. Tokyo Disneyland
9. Hollywood Studios
10. California Adventure
11. Shanghai Disneyland
12. Walt Disney Studios Park

Doesn’t necessarily equate directly with overall park quality, but there’s a strong correlation.

manmythlegend

And a Jungle Cruise and Small World.
But your point is taken. As for sheer attractions it's weak. But its atmosphere, customer service and foods rip MK a new one.

Disagree on the foods part. I loathe the food options at HKDL. Even worse than Paris, IMO.

One thing I really like about HKDL is the ease of getting from HK to the Disney area. With the normal 10am open time, it's extremely convenient.

PiratesMansion

I actually wonder how the parks would rank in terms of visual beauty/appeal/landscaping. I haven’t been to all of them, but I’d guess it goes something like:

1. Disneyland Paris
2. DisneySea
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Disneyland
5. Hong Kong Disneyland
6. Epcot
T7. Magic Kingdom
T7. Tokyo Disneyland
9. Hollywood Studios
10. California Adventure
11. Shanghai Disneyland
12. Walt Disney Studios Park

Doesn’t necessarily equate directly with overall park quality, but there’s a strong correlation.

More or less. What makes it difficult is that almost half of the parks (DCA, Epcot, DHS, TDL, SDL) have a mix of beautiful and ugly areas, which is not to say that other parks have no ugly areas (the Studios Park in Paris is uglier than many Six Flags parks). I'd say my biggest critique would be to actually knock TDL lower, maybe to around number 10. Aesthetics was not a strong suit of the original design IMO and is probably the only glaring weakness of the park (unless you were to penalize it for largely consisting of a lot of clones). Critter Country and newer areas are very nice, but very insubstantial in the grander scheme of an enormous park. And while it does have a glorious old school vibe to it that is unique among the international parks, it doesn't translate to beautiful visuals.

bryanfze55

More or less. What makes it difficult is that almost half of the parks (DCA, Epcot, DHS, TDL, SDL) have a mix of beautiful and ugly areas, which is not to say that other parks have no ugly areas (the Studios Park in Paris is uglier than many Six Flags parks). I'd say my biggest critique would be to actually knock TDL lower, maybe to around number 10. Aesthetics was not a strong suit of the original design IMO and is probably the only glaring weakness of the park (unless you were to penalize it for largely consisting of a lot of clones). Critter Country and newer areas are very nice, but very insubstantial in the grander scheme of an enormous park. And while it does have a glorious old school vibe to it that is unique among the international parks, it doesn't translate to beautiful visuals.

From photos, the roof over World Bazaar does kill the aesthetic of what Main Street should be. On one hand, it is a nice way to shelter from the rain. On the other hand, if Magic Kingdom did this, critics would say it’s a cynical ploy to get people into gift shops 😃

For real though, I’m jealous of Tokyo. While Pandora is great and RotR is a great ride, Tokyo seems to get the ACTUAL Disney stuff. Pooh’s Hunny Hunt, Beauty and the Beast, and now Fantasy Springs... ugh

manmythlegend

From photos, the roof over World Bazaar does kill the aesthetic of what Main Street should be. On one hand, it is a nice way to shelter from the rain. On the other hand, if Magic Kingdom did this, critics would say it’s a cynical ploy to get people into gift shops 😃

For real though, I’m jealous of Tokyo. While Pandora is great and RotR is a great ride, Tokyo seems to get the ACTUAL Disney stuff. Pooh’s Hunny Hunt, Beauty and the Beast, and now Fantasy Springs... ugh

We will have to see about Fantasy Springs. They're spending a ton but apparently 3/4 rides will be boat rides. I guess that makes sense for a park named DisneySea but boat rides seem to be happening more frequently than I would prefer.

bryanfze55

We will have to see about Fantasy Springs. They're spending a ton but apparently 3/4 rides will be boat rides. I guess that makes sense for a park named DisneySea but boat rides seem to be happening more frequently than I would prefer.

What’s wrong with boat rides? I would argue, when well done, they make the best attractions.

manmythlegend

What’s wrong with boat rides? I would argue, when well done, they make the best attractions.

Depends on what you're looking for. I like my rides to have a bit of adrenaline to them. Does Disney have any boat rides that have adrenaline? Kali River Rapids maybe but that's nothing spectacular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom