randomness and shoes

goofykt

I wear my ASICS running shoes. I used to care about looking cute and having coordinating sandals and all that...but I got tired of the discomfort. Whenever I wore shoes without enough support/cushion, my feet would feel like someone had lit them on fire by the end of the night. Sometimes I could barely stand on the bus ride home my feet hurt so badly. And at that point in time I was used to walking several miles a day because I lived in downtown Chicago...so it was the crappy footwear rather than the walking itself. Since I started wearing good shoes, I haven't had any problems. My advise is to be comfortable rather than fashionable!

Matt and Kelly

I've always worn a good pair of sneakers/gym shoes/etc. There is no way i could get away with sandals or flip flops at the park. Way too much walking and not enough support in them.

Then again, my wife usually wears flip flops with little or no problems.

dreamfinder

Typically Birkenstocks. I may bring my FiveFingers this year depending on how comfortable they are prior. Haven't done anything longer than 4 or 5 hours in them yet. I hate wearing actual shoes, if I must it is normally indoor soccer flats.

Nike flip flops. I am looking into buying the yoga mat flip flops posted on here or the Vibram shoes... I hate my feet being closed in though so I will prob go with the flip flops. Cheaper too.

Xethis

do the flip flops give enough arch support to walk through the parks?

I think it depends. Growing up flip-flops were banned in my house because my mother loathed the clickitty-clack sound, but a few years ago my wife got me hooked on Crocs 'Athens' flip flops. They are made from 2 different densities of foam/rubber. The outer part is more rigid for wear & tear and for durability, and the inner part is softer for your foot. They have heel and arch support built into the inner portion also. Since then I have bought them in almost every color I can find and they are all I will wear to the parks personally, and after you break them in it's like walking on marshmallows. Just my opinion. My wife tried a pair of plain 'ol regular Crocs and hated them. She lives in Tiva flip-flops and for her they are ideal. She says they are comfy & support in all the right places.

NORMNB8S

They're really great. I use them for climbing, hiking, kayaking, CrossFit and general wear.

If your foot is over 12.25 inches I don't think they will have anything that will fit you unfortunately.

This past weekend, my wife and I were in a store that sells them and they had a sizing mat on the floor. It looked like a big foot and you just stood on there and it told you what size you were based on where your toe ended. My toe went past the last line so I think I'm out of luck. Oh well, I've always had trouble finding shoes anyway so no big deal.

djpoore94

Personally I wear my running shoes (but I would wear them ALL the time if I could). I tried my Crocs a couple of times, but found that my feet got really hot (even with the holes in the top and the open back), and I also hated how filthy my feet were at the end of the day, it was just GROSS! I know, just shower when you get back to the room, and I usually do after being hot and sweaty all day, but after a long day at the parks I want a quick shower before bed, not to spend 20 minutes scrubbing my feet!

wdwfan22

I wear flip flops from American Eagle or Abercrombie & Fitch to the parks. They don't bother me at all even at the end of the day :)

Dwarful

No matter what shoes we take ...we always take a few pair to rotate throughout the trip..and to allow shoes to dry in case we get stuck in a down pour. Generally I prefer the sneakers/gym shoes..but have accidentally walked out w/ crocs on...and for a half day they were fine. My girls live in their Adidas flip flops and wore them on the trip but not everyday. On really busy days they wore tennis shoes as well.

tink65

For years I always just wore my tennis shoes but hated that my feet would be so hot! One year I bought some Clark flip-flops to try and have never looked back! They do provide an arch support that has been sufficient for me. That being said, in March this year I tore 3 ligaments in my left ankle. Since then, even with PT, I've found that my beloved Clarks don't give me enough ankle support. I purchased a pair of Birkenstocks to see if that would be better and I cannot rave enough about them. They are truly the most comfortable sandle I have ever worn! Highly, highly recommend Birkies! My teenage daughter can comfortably wear those 2 for $5 flip flops from Old Navy and never breathe a word of complaint..........oh the stamina of the young!

Tomi-Rocket

crocs only!

On our first trip we all wore sneakers. On our second trip I discovered Crocs. And on our last trip everyone had a pair of Crocs. They're cooler, they don't hurt your feet (except the occasional blister) and now they have many, many more styles to choose from than those first ugly ones. As a matter of fact we'll all get a brand new pair for our trip next year, too.

As for flip-flops, I read an article recently saying that there is actually a condition called "Disney Foot" from people wearing those flat, non-supportive flip-flops to the parks. It causes flat foot, ankle, knee and shin problems. The key is to get a good pair of flip-flops that support your feet properly. There was a list of companies that made good flip-flops. Some I'd never heard of but others were Bjorn, Clarks and thankfully, Crocs was also on the list of good shoes to buy. :)

Stellajack

Premium Member
I take two pairs of Merrell (walking) sandals--(1) Merrell Savannah and (2) Merrell Agave.

I can walk all over the World in either of these sandals. They have both support and comfort. In addition, if I dress for an evening meal at a nice restaurant (let's say, like, ummm, BOMAS !) they are perfect.

You can also go to the Merrell website and order them online!

CamiLyn227

Regular Crocs are great! You can wear them with socks or no socks. I like them because if we happen to get stuck in the rain or we get wet on a ride they dry out quick unlike gym shoes. I hate having wet feet and with Crocs you dont have to deal with that all day. I also like some of the Crocs sandles and flip flops.

AZDISNEYDVL

Usually a pair of Adidas climacool shoes (keeps the toes safe and feet nice and cool) with a waterproof pullover and a pair of reef sandals for when it rains. Both are very comfortable.

cslafferty

I take two pairs of Merrell (walking) sandals--(1) Merrell Savannah and (2) Merrell Agave.

I can walk all over the World in either of these sandals. They have both support and comfort. In addition, if I dress for an evening meal at a nice restaurant (let's say, like, ummm, BOMAS !) they are perfect.

You can also go to the Merrell website and order them online!

I have a similar pair of walking sandals from Columbia that are SO comfortable. I will also bring my Sketcher cross-trainers. If you wear flip flops, be careful on Soarin' - they may fall off while your feet are dangling!!

Magical Dreamer

I swear ny Nike Definitions.....super comfortable.

41fh9yZM5qL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

HouCuseChickie

If I could...I'd wear a pair 4-5+" platform heels all day, but I'd probably be going around barefoot after an hour or so. I love flip flops, but not for the parks. There's just not enough arch support in a basic flip flop and I'm not into the more sensible athletically designed flip flops.

If it's cold, I might tough out the lack of arch support in my Uggs, but the reality is my hiking boots are the better long term choice on a cold day. Most days I'm just fine in my sneakers- usually a pair of joggers (prefer Asics, Adidas, and Saucony).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom