Random photos from MK... Spectro-men Warning!

Figment1986

Original Poster
I went over to Magic kingdom a few days ago and figured most people have seen this stuff, but here it goes....

A little work going on the Epcot side of the monorail platform at TTC.
IMG_2367.jpg

Contemporary cranes...
IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

The bridge work in Tomorrowland is progressing.
IMG_2377.jpg

Some random shots of Haunted exterior,
IMG_2378.jpg

Whats with all the white?
IMG_2379.jpg

At least the shade structure is coming along.
IMG_2380.jpg

They are redoing the concrete at the Caribbean plaza.
IMG_2406.jpg

Halloween murchandise showing up in emporium
IMG_2423.jpg

Figment1986

Original Poster
Part 2, With Spectro-men!

Some spectro-men, I think they don't look as creepy in these shots as before.
IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

They finally replaced the old sign at TTC... No more black.
IMG_2465.jpg

Finally, why we cannot have nice things,
IMG_2412.jpg

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Contemporary cranes...
IMG_2369.jpg

Whats with all the white?
IMG_2379.jpg

Halloween murchandise showing up in emporium
IMG_2423.jpg

First... yes.. thats clearly not a semi circle base for the Contemporary DVC project :rolleyes: Sheesh... why dont they just annouce it already. :lol:

Second... its just a primer.

Third... ooooo me likey... how much? :slurp:

Figment1986

Original Poster
if its just primer... why is it only in the space for the filler and not on the bricks?? seems weird in some areas its like patchy while others its not there at all.

of course it could be primer and they already painted the brick part and will go back for the fill/trim.

I didnt look... i was walking through and snapped the photo without looking... im sure someone will know soon... unless they are all at epcot buying all the retro-merch.

Figment82

The light-up Hitchhiking Ghosts are $129.95 - they have rainproof cords so you can put them outside. They are really nice and well made.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The light-up Hitchhiking Ghosts are $129.95 - they have rainproof cords so you can put them outside. They are really nice and well made.

Nice! Thanks for the info Figment82 *restrains self from calling WDW Mail Order now* :lol: :eek:

And thanks for the pics Figment1986 :wave:

dixiegirl

Part 2, With Spectro-men!

Finally, why we cannot have nice things,
IMG_2412.jpg

It is amazing how some parents really dont care , we've seen this before and I have to laugh because my 7 year old will look at me and say" mama they're not suppose to be doing that are they!?( bad when a child points it out) But parent just stand there..la-di-da, like nothing....rudeness...its everywhere.. oh well..

Oh great pics by the way!!! thanks for the update!

Figment1986

Original Poster
Why go through the effort and cost to replace the signs and they still read MGM?
:veryconfu

The sign was probably fabricated long before they knew the name was going to be changed to Disney Hollywood Studios. From what i could see all three exit signs signs are the same at TTC, but they might have been designed to update them. Who knows how long these newer signs have been up anyway.

Figment1986

Original Poster
We won't fully know until Disney officially announces the project and gives us a timetable, everything else is probably speculation.

they'll also be building a climate controlled bridge to go from one to the other so people can hop the monorail to where ever.

I think when the tower is done it would be easier to walk to MK from the tower... since the monorail is crowded enough, or they can take a bus to Disney-MGM Studios and take the boat to Epcot.

I think the walkway is for other reasons like the arcade and quick service area, unless they are smart enough to give them their own quick service / refill station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom