Random Facts About WDW's Haunted Mansion

Chernabog

I would like to point out something that Imaginee99 just reminded me of, it's in his signature.

imagineer99 said:
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."

So what am I saying... Can we just drop the chess piece thing? This guy obviously thinks he's got all the info on it and nothing any of you say is gonna make a difference and it doesn't seem like anyone else is being swayed by his info so don't worry. If he's trying to corrupt the world with false information and then slowly take it over you have obviously foiled this plan of his.

I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow night to see if he......

TRIES TO TAKE OVER (disney) WORLD!!! :lol:
Sorry couldn't help that one.

Anyone other interesting facts, surely we havn't found them all.

HMGhost13

actually in the Haunted Mansion book I believe it is stated that they are designed and look like chess pieces but were not. They are actually, typical architecture style of the mansion's suppose era of being built.

I could be wrong about the source but i do believe i read it somewhere reliable.

DCL

sdguy1234 said:
Just because there are chess pieces in Roller Coaster Tycoon does not mean that they exist in Disney's park.

Whoa! Black Betty BAM DA BAM!!!!

Whoa Black Betty.... BAM-BA-LAM.... anyways....

... I had no idea there were so many interesting accounts of the stories behind the Haunted Mansion. I've looked for the ring many times, and after seeing the pictures posted on here, I don't think it's supposedly a ring, just my opinion, though.

I can't wait to go here in July and look out for all the things that I've never noticed... like the tag on the gate in the graveyard. I love this site... I learn more here than I do at school :lol:

PurpleDragon

When you see the "ring" in the ground, its obvious its not a real ring. If it was, the person it belonged to had a huge hand!!:lol: But its still fun to look for and find!!

If you check out Doombuggies.com they have tons of back stories about each and every part of the mansion. Its pretty neat.

bears163

i think haunted mansion has got to be one of the most fasinating rides ever. there is so much that goes on that you don't see the first 100 times you ride. there is always something new to find. i love this ride. thanks disney

PirateJosh20

Fun facts....

While most of your facts are very interesting... A couple of them are not completely true.

#4. The Portrait of the sailor is an original concept of the first owner of the Mansion yes.. But known as Captain Blood, and never Master Gracey. When Captian Bloods story was created for the first concept of the Mansion, it was going to be a walk through attraction and Captain Blood would sail in to the room in his boat and would disappear into a puddle of water, the lights would go out and many more cool effects.

As far as the animatronics appearing in other attractions, granny is not the only one. The Dueling Ghosts are duplicat AA from Pirates.... The Attic used to be alot scarier when the original pop up ghosts screamed "I Do" instead of just screaming.

Im not going to reveal much more than you did, being a current Cast Member I like to leave the majority of the magic still there for many guests. I will note that some awesome changes will be occuring soon at the WDW HM. A rehab is going to occur, but not the kind of rehab you would think of, its going to be an outside rehab for the queue and such. But dont get down about it, there will be some fixing up on the inside too. :)

PirateJosh

PurpleDragon

PirateJosh20 said:
The Attic used to be alot scarier when the original pop up ghosts screamed "I Do" instead of just screaming.
:)

PirateJosh

The "I Do" pop-up ghosts are in DL HM, not in WDW. Besides the sound track was switched over during the last major rehab of the DL HM. The attic popup ghosts in WDW have never said "I Do", at least not over the past 20+ years I have been riding this ride.

CoffeeJedi

PirateJosh20 said:
Actually they did, ive never been to DL to hear their attic, I have heard WDW's many times from working there.

From the thread that brought you Flamewar! Chess pieces vs. Architecture

comes the next progression in Haunted Mansion arguments......

I Do vs. Random Screaming

this time.... its personal...............................

PurpleDragon

PirateJosh20 said:
Actually they did, ive never been to DL to hear their attic, I have heard WDW's many times from working there.

Unless this is a change that has been made in the past 2-3 months, then I don't think so. Never have the ghosts in the WDW HM said "I do".

Sorry everyone, not trying to be a pain in the butt here, but over the past 20 or so years of riding my favorite attraction, I have never heard of the attic ghosts saying "I do" in the WDW HM.

Take it from this HM fanatic - I've been visiting WDW's version since 1973 and can definately attest that the attic pop-ups have never done the ''I do..." bit in all that time. That is only a relatively recent addition to the DL HM attic's pop-ups...

PurpleDragon

Mansionfan said:
Take it from this HM fanatic - I've been visiting WDW's version since 1973 and can definately attest that the attic pop-ups have never done the ''I do..." bit in all that time. That is only a relatively recent addition to the DL HM attic's pop-ups...

Thank you for that clarification Mansionfan!! :sohappy:

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
CoffeeJedi said:
From the thread that brought you Flamewar! Chess pieces vs. Architecture

comes the next progression in Haunted Mansion arguments......

I Do vs. Random Screaming

this time.... its personal...............................

I like you, your fun!

As for Purple dragon, you dont know anything! They never said "I DO".

BAM?

PurpleDragon

sdguy1234 said:
I like you, your fun!

BAM?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude you are arguing with the wrong person!!

:brick:

That is exactly what I said!! They have never ever said "I Do".

It was PirateJosh who said that he has heard the "I DO" in the WDW mansion.

nibblesandbits

sdguy1234 said:
BAM?

PurpleDragon said:
That is exactly what I said!! They have never ever said "I Do".

It was PirateJosh who said that he has heard the "I DO" in the WDW mansion.

Since you were wrong wouldn't that mean that you don't know anything? :lol:

I'm just kidding by the way. :hammer: :p

imagineer boy

sdguy1234 said:
I like you, your fun!

BAM?

Hey, wassup homie G-Dog! A drizzle me shizzle da ro funk sizzle ya'll! *starts dancing to rap music*

:lookaroun What?

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
sdf

imagineer boy said:
Hey, wassup homie G-Dog! A drizzle me shizzle da ro funk sizzle ya'll! *starts dancing to rap music*]

:lookaroun What?

LOL

that made my night!

My bad, I read your post wrong, Im sorry, But back to the origional arguement of Im Right Vs. Your Wrong.

IM RIGHT!!! THEY ARE NOT CHESS PIECES AND THE DAMN GHOSTS NEVER SAID "I DO" AT WDW!!!!

EISNER ROCKS!!! Who wants to argue that???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom