Raise the Prices and lower prices

SteveUK

I understand your point, I too would be willing to pay a few extra dollars if this led to a noticeable increase in service levels. But it wouldn't. It would probably lead to a drop in attendance or a rise in profits. Ticket prices are not set lightly, they have been formulated and fixed at their current levels for a reason. If you want to see an increase in service then there are probably more effective ways of going about it.

DanStat

Actually...

Originally posted by lilkitty819
I hate to say this but if you want some one to pay extra for taking care of the park .....Then lets put it on the age group that does the most destruction......which in my opinion would be the age group of 12-20 yr's

Actually, that is discrimination. You cannot base a crime on one age group.

Basing prices going up on age is not, however. You take up more space, and the little kids make up the difference by buying souvineers. ;)

SteveUK

Sorry, please clarify something for me. Who actually buys the souvenirs? Is it the money earning adults or their children?

TURKEY

Why don't you make a large donation to Disney now contigent on improving the parks' conditions?

You won't convince me of raising the prices like this. You make no sense at least ECONOMICALLY and FINANCIALLY. You can't apply MATH principles to a BUSINESS problem.

disneyfamily

What about the occasional WDW visitor. They wouldn't see the cost increase as a need to "clean up" the parks. They would only see a huge price increase for the adult, and then go somewhere else......hmmm this idea is starting to show some merit :animwink:

no2apprentice

I'm really hesitant to say one way or another about admission price being reformulated until I learn more about how Disney budgets money. We pay admission, buy food and drinks, buy souvenirs, some pay for parking, etc. Does the money for each expense stay in that cagegory? Does money spent on souvenirs go towards R&D for new souvenirs, CM's who work the stores and kiosks, upkeep of the store fronts? Does money for food and drink go to CM's pay who work the restaurants, etc., etc., etc.

OR, does the money just go into two or three large accounts, and funds are appropriated for each individual category based on projected and past expenditures/needs?

I don't know. Today we happened to be in a Disney Store and the CM I was talking to said that alot of Disney's financial woes have to do with ABC not doing well. The CM didn't out and out say it, but it sounded like the resorts were keeping the rest of the company afloat. Maybe that was just her opinion, not based on fact. The CM indicated the information was from stock reports, but we all know how some information from some CM's can be ...um...inaccurate?

Maybe some of the members on this site have factual answers for some of these questions.

And as far as something "better" happening with pricing, all of the other "major" theme parks seem to follow Disney's model of age pricing. Now the question is, is this because it's the best system, or are they just following Disney's model because it's Disney? Is the tail wagging the dog?

Pioneer Hall

This whole idea is just wrong. The entire thing makes no sense.

Just one other thing...

Even if you love Disney World and are willing to pay that much extra to see it cleaner (not like it is a giant problem now), how will the people who are going for the first time or non-frequent visitors going to feel? Are they going to want to go to WDW when they are so expensive, and will they be able to afford it? A lot of families save for months and years to go to WDW, by doing this price hike it may just be impossible for them. Also, if Disney was to raise prices like that people would start going to other parks to save money. Universal for 50 or Disney for 70. Most would choose Universal in that case.

Debbie

I have spent enough time and money at WDW with kids that I can say I'll be dam*ed if we had to pay extra because my husband and I wanted to go alone. WDW is a favorite destination for honeymooners and think what it could do with that part of the industry itself alltogether. Can you imagine "Honey, it's gonna cost us a bit more to honeymoon in WDW because we don't have kids yet"? Sorry, but the idea is absurd:(

Jessica Rabbit

pay more..what for??

Families get tax breaks, married couples get tax breaks. Now someone is suggesting that single people with no kids pay more for Disney. What a crock! I am already looked at like I am crazy at work if I don't work extra because I don't have kids. I don't need that type of attitude when I am on vaction. Hell, raise the price for everyone, then maybe there will be less people and us "RICH" single people can enjoy ourselves without all the screaming kids.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I say, make it like a cruise.

Once you pay to get in the park, food and drinks are free. You only pay for souvenirs.

If they charged $80-100 to get in, but food/drinks were free, I'd pay to get in

lemonade

This is the most absurd thread. Tim, are you a little bored, sweetie? 'Cause you seem to have way too much time on your hands.

Ursula

Timoteo:
If those revenues were to go to bigger and better Disney parks, rides, service, holtels etc. I would pay gladly and come back again and again.

Dear Timoteo:
I'm glad you can pay for more expensive tickets, my family just came back from a wonderful vacation at WDW and cost us plenty, next time you can pay for the 6 of us to stay for 7 days at WDW property, start saving, this time was over 2.000.00 with your math it may be a few pennys more.

Nala59

Let's see... how about people that go and pay full price, like say... my mom, and she doesn't go on any of the rides... I feel she shouldn't have to pay so much... maybe none ride wrist bands, ones that would just let you in to certain attractions. And if they raised ticket prices the way that you suggested... we wouldn't be able to go as often... that would make me sad! :(

The Mom

Premium Member
Heck, why don't we turn back the clock and go back to tickets?!!! That way, people who want to ride the "e-rides" pay more.....those who are too young or choose not to go on the thrill/major rides pay less! ;)

That way they can reduce the gate fee to maybe $10 -20, and everybody pays whatever they want or can afford for the rides.

I'm just joking....it was a parents nightmare, and everyone else felt like they were getting nickeled and dimed. But it would sure make some of the lines shorter. ;)

timoteo

Original Poster
first of all there are still people who think I am saying that people without children pay more. I am sorry you do not understand what I have really said. I am just asking to increase the adult tickets. Break down the child tickets and make the younger child ticket cheaper. For the last time THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION. I would never advocate that.

and

Yes I am a bit bored

and

Yes Food included to some extent like a cruise may be a good idea. Like at a selected Dinsey-teria. Could be very nice especially if it is managed well, resevations seating. good food, etc

and

I live in New York. I am starring at the Lion King right now from my office window. I see people willing to pay $60 to $100 dollars for a once a year Great wondefrul Disney two hour show. Each seat is the same regardless of age. Location within the theater sets the Price.

That show was easily worth $80 a seat. People will pay that price untill Disney pulls that show of the street.

I think paying $65 dollars for an adult Ticket would be fine with me if

IF, IF, IF

The parks were as great as that show ,so to speak, and if as a large family with small ones I wasn't paying much more than I did last year.

I want a Great Disney Expierence everytime I go. I want, I want, I want. And if I have to pay to have top service and magic I want to pay. I want to pay.

njchris65

Food included would mean that people would take advantage of that.

Some people would take that as meaning they must get more than they need in food..throw out what's left..even if they just take a bite, since it's free. Then that would ruin it for everyone.

Originally posted by timoteo
Adults, adult couples and familys with no children should be funding the clean up of the parks.

OK -- I didn't read everyone's responses to this thread, because I think it's quite silly. But I needed to respond the the above phrase. I'm insulted that you think that because I'm married with no children I should fund the clean-up! It's not my kid that spills a whole box of popcorn in front of the castle (and gets a second box for free since the vendor saw it happen!). It's not my kid that pukes in the arcade on the way out of Space Mountain. It's not my kid that dumps a soda (all over my foot no less!) in line on Buzz Lightyear. I've seen all these things happen! And I'm one of the nutballs that loves the park so much that I walk around picking up garbage off the ground and throwing it away or clearing the table next to me when we get up to leave a fast food place and the tables around us didn't clean up after themselves. Maybe kids should be charged $70 and adults should be cheaper (and please read my sarcasm here!!!).

agdbeanie

Originally posted by timoteo

Just my opinion. Disney needs cash to touch-up. I am willing to pay it.

I think we pay enough as it is. I don't want to see a significant price jump. Maybe they should have a middle age range price category for teens and preteens, but they adult price shouldn't go up because of it. If you're so willing to pay extra, why don't you just send WDW a donation check as a contribution to helping clean up, or volunteer to help them clean up while you're down there. *sarcasm*

Wilson

I totally agree with Married@WDW's opinion. Why in the world should "Adults, adult couples and familys with no children [fund] the clean up of the parks." Why are they (me) singled out? If any groups are contributing to less-than-clean conditions in the parks, it's not these groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom