Raise the Prices and lower prices

timoteo

Original Poster
One day Adult tickets should be $70 dollars. Kids 15 and under should be $25. Kids 5 and under should be $15. Kids 2 and under should free. Adults, adult couples and familys with no children should be funding the clean up of the parks. For every child ticket cash back $5. It should be figured that kids pay just a little less and adults pay 20% more.

Just my opinion. Disney needs cash to touch-up. I am willing to pay it.

Nut4Disney

That's absurd, things are expensive enough when you visit WDW. The suggestion that I should spend more, $70 for a ticket to a park is ridiculous. Granted it might be $70 5-10yrs from now, but that kind of a price hike is a little steep. Why should I pay an extra $20 admission to clean up WDW when it is something that Disney should allocate some of their profits for in the first place. In addition, why would you target single and married couples with no children for this increase? Do you think that if you are married and have no kids that you have a bottomless wallet full of money or something? That would be the farthest thing from the truth. :brick:

disneydudette

NO WAY.....70 bucks for a day.....yeah right!

Its a good concept...but for all people that are 16 and up...(like the whole 4/5 of the resort) would get ripped off...u saying that u'd pay 70 dollars to go to Epcot for the day???

timoteo

Original Poster
l believe the pricing formula at Disney needs revision. For families paying a lot they should be given a break. For adults and people over 15, pay pay pay. Disney should always be expensive and you should get a great show for it. It should be expensive and beautiful and clean and have first class CM's who are paid. It should distinguish itself from other parks and you should have to save to go there.

I do not have any kids, but if the $43.00 admission is preventing them from cleaning, renovating, or building then I think they are crazy for not raising the prices.

I do not want to pay more, but guess what. If they did raise it I would still go just as often.

timoteo

Original Poster
:hammer: Maybe I have taken one too may hits. But I still maintain that a good math major could increase the revenue, decrese the burden on families and not scare away too many people. People have the money. They could still discount 4 day passes. It should be figured that a family for four is paying the same for 4 days. A family of six is paying less. And two adults are paying substantially more. I wish I had the brains to build the formula.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
Please put down the crackpipe. :lol:

I have to agree! This is crazy, why should people be spending more money because they don't have kids. That is called discrimination and is a crime.

Nut4Disney

I do agree that maybe the pricing structure need revised, or perhaps they need to look at how their spending their profits. By the way, I'm glad you didn't take my last comment the wrong way, I was just kidding. :)

timoteo

Original Poster
There is nothing criminal about setting prices based on ages. It is done all the time. Right now if you are 10 years old you pay $43 dollars +/- same as an adult.

lilkitty819

I hate to say this but if you want some one to pay extra for taking care of the park .....Then lets put it on the age group that does the most destruction......which in my opinion would be the age group of 12-20 yr's ...and not that the kids are bad but they don't think when they carve there names in things or write on walls...so don't go after people who don't have kids...because there not doing as much damage as some people do with kids...and I expect accidents when little ones are around....kids are kids...but don't expect people without kids to pay extra because what that would be discrimanation...:hammer:

Ariel

I absolutely do not agree with the idea that single people or adult couples without children should have to pay more fro admission. That's really outright discrimination. That's exactly like saying a single person is really obligated to put in overtime at work because they have nothing better to do. If a person is single or childless, that's their decision. Just as it's a person with kids decision to have kids. Why should a single person be paying for a decision that a married person with kids has made? I'm willing to pay a little more for the benefit of keeping everything in perfect condition, but I expect everyone to pay the same. Granted children's ticket prices should be less, but other than that, I don't agree with differing prices.

timoteo

Original Poster
I am not asking for people with kids to pay less than people without kids. People without kids will always, always pay less. A family of four two adults and two kids below 15 should pay aprox $170. Two adults should pay $135. An adult regardless of children will always pay $65-$70. If you buy more than 4 of any tickets at a one time you should get $5.00 cash back or maybe $10 Disney dollars. This is not discrimination. People with kids will always pay more and the adult fare will always be the same regardless of children. Cash back for quantity of people in your party lets say.

timoteo

Original Poster
Currently prices at WDW are as follows
1 day 1 park ticket adult is $48 and child ages 3-9 is $38

I say make the price adult $65 child ages 3-9 $20 child ages 10 -15 $33

a family of four with two kids one 8 and one 15 under old price structure would pay $182

a family of four with two kids one 8 and one 15 under new pricing structure would pay $182.

a family of four with two kids one 5 and one 7 under old pricing structure would pay $172.

a family of four with two kids one 5 and one 7 under new pricing structure would pay $136.

Two adults under old price would pay $96

Two adults under new price would pay $130

If this helped make my favorite place better. I would pay for it. Gladly and often.

timoteo

Original Poster
On top of my new and improved price structure you could overlay the following.

1.Senior discounts
2.For every ticket over 4 ticketsd purchased at the same time $5 disney dollars
3. Slight discount for the 5 day or 7 day park hopper.

I am sure Disney has done the pricing formulas in a more intelligent manner than I have. I just feel Disney should be more expensive and you should get the top top top show and family's with little ones should not have to pay too much. After all children are not fully formed individuals capable of rational thought. That is a joke. I love kids, I just do not have any.:lol:

Dwarful

Well, I have gone to Disney BC and AC and we spend way more w/Children than we did BC. But if the prices went up...we would go less. We already go less than we would like. We go every two years...couldnt affoard to go any more than that. But maybe Disney should not worry about raising prices...but on spending. I mean my husband cant just demand more money at work because we need more..we have to make cutbacks..spend only what we can affoard to spend. That is common sense. I agree they need another level of ticket prices...maybe do preschool age, then children, teens, adults, seniors. 2 and under free, 3-5 another price....etc! Disney just needs to decide what they can handle and what they cant. I would gladly pay for eride nights if they didnt offer them and then cancel. There are things that can be done if they want to do them...the key word is "if". Maybe they shouldnt be expanding world wide if they cant maintain this world Walt started in Florida!

Thrawn

Account Suspended

Now wait

Adult tickets are $48
Children are $38
Thats $86 for the two.

You are proposing
Adult $70
Child under 5 $15
Thats $85

So Disney would be losing money

And even if you do
Adult $70
Child 6-15 $25
Thats $95 and still only $9 more than the current rate, and they would be losing money with the 5 and under range.
Think before you post. Or at least do the math.

SteveUK

Good point Thrawn, I'm not sure the original argument was very well thought out. I've got an idea, why don't we charge children more than adults as the parks are largely aimed at them? Children often get more enjoyment from the parks than their adults who are there simply because they have to accompany the children.
Or we could have some special deals, how about knocking 50% off the admission price if you promise not to enjoy yourself or not to go on any rides.
Or, one more idea, we could leave the decision to the highly paid, highly trained people in senior management whose role in life is to make these decisions based on all the information and studies they could ever want.

Just a thought.

timoteo

Original Poster
They would only be losing money if they made more money on child tickets than adult ticket sales. I do not think so. The math may work in terms of the bottom line, if the bulk of ticket sales are adult. From what I see in the parks the bulk of people in the Park are over 15 years old. That is an observation from my more than 50 trips. If they loose money on the family with three little ones, I bet they make up for it on all those who are over 15. You can not actually do the math without a formula. I admit I am not that smart and I would need to know the actual ages of the folks who go through the gates. Like an exit poll to do the correct formula. I still bet that if adults pay significantly more then the little kids could get by with a cheaper ticket. If those revenues were to go to bigger and better Disney parks, rides, service, holtels etc. I would pay gladly and come back again and again.

All I am saying in the end is that I would pay more to have a top top great Disney vacation once a year. I think many who post here would too. PS I do not have kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom