Raging Spirits coming to MK?

tirian

:mad:

Well, I hope this doesn't happen. I knew that management was very interested in Adventureland, and I knew that they wanted to bring a thrill ride in; but I was under the impression that it might be a newer, longer, better version of Raging Spirits.

If it's the same thing, you might as well call it "Goofy's Barnstormer with a Loop."

I've never ridden the Tokyo version, but I've heard only complaints about it. Here's hoping that the MK version is either improved or not built at all.

imagineer boy

IMO, The Magic Kingdom needs to stop adding rides, and focus more on improving existing rides. Some of the Fantaseyland rides are in desperate need of some kind of rehab. Especilly Peter Pan. Space Mountain needs a DL sized overhaul badly. Toon Town could really use a large expansion project of some kind. CoP could use some TLC. The Speedway needs some major improvements that could include making it more futuristic to fit into the Tomorrowland themeing.

Montu

IMO, The Magic Kingdom needs to stop adding rides, and focus more on improving existing rides. Some of the Fantaseyland rides are in desperate need of some kind of rehab. Especilly Peter Pan. Space Mountain needs a DL sized overhaul badly. Toon Town could really use a large expansion project of some kind. CoP could use some TLC. The Speedway needs some major improvements that could include making it more futuristic to fit into the Tomorrowland themeing.

How can you even make that statement when the Magic Kingdom hasn't built a major attraction in 14 years? Other than that line, I agree with your sentiment that there should be focus on improvement. The thing is there's no reason the focus needs to *only* be on one or the other. Both a major new attraction and major upgrades to the obvious list of existing attractions are very necessary for that park these days.

SeanC

Any possibility this is being considered cause Space will be down for a long rebuild? When DL Space closed, they at least still had Matterhorn, BTMR, & Splash. Without Matterhorn, MK will be down to 2 thrill rides while space is closed. Seems to me adding a mostly off the shelf coaster would be a faster solution than building a brand new E-ticket, by putting it beyond the berm it adds to adventureland and leaves the 20K site available for something awesome in the future, all the while off-setting the complaints while Space is down. IF they plan on doing it first of course.

Can someone show me on a map where this proposed attraction would be going in adventureland. Im having a hard time picturing the location for it. Thanks

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I am totaly unexcited about the prospect of a carnival ride with a themed Q being built.

The ride in DLP is similar to something I rode in the mid 80s at a park in germany. Im not going to gush at a 20 year old construction.

If this goes ahead is it a short term, lower cost fix to allow a major rhab or new construction? I had hoped Disney had got over this level of attraction.

Not impressed.

Lee

Adventurer
So this is going to go below POTC? and outside the Railroad tracks?

Who knows?
Let me just state again....this is all just wild speculation at this point.
I heard this as a RUMOR a couple months ago. I didn't say anything about it because I felt I didn't have enough info. None of my regular sources could back it up, so I just kinda hinted that they might be looking at a DisneySea ride to bring over.
At this point...I still have not gotten any confirmation on this ride. Not one little bit, other than the original rumor and Jim putting it in his article. However, sources (now up to three) have come forward to say it's very unlikely to happen.

Anyhow...let's all ease up a bit. No point getting too riled up/excited over an attraction that is still just a total rumor at this point.

jedimaster1227

Any possibility this is being considered cause Space will be down for a long rebuild? When DL Space closed, they at least still had Matterhorn, BTMR, & Splash. Without Matterhorn, MK will be down to 2 thrill rides while space is closed. Seems to me adding a mostly off the shelf coaster would be a faster solution than building a brand new E-ticket, by putting it beyond the berm it adds to adventureland and leaves the 20K site available for something awesome in the future, all the while off-setting the complaints while Space is down. IF they plan on doing it first of course.

Disney very rarely builds filler attractions to help pass the time while another ride is down for rehab. Normally, there is something new at WDW that will always take some steam away from the rides under rehab. Also, if Disney were to put in a filler (which they wouldn't), it wouldn't cost as much as Raging Spirits (or whatever version of the same compact looper that we would get).

Montu

Disney very rarely builds filler attractions to help pass the time while another ride is down for rehab. Normally, there is something new at WDW that will always take some steam away from the rides under rehab. Also, if Disney were to put in a filler (which they wouldn't), it wouldn't cost as much as Raging Spirits (or whatever version of the same compact looper that we would get).

Don't mistake your own speculation for fact.

What do you think Temple of Peril and Raging Spirits were in the first place?

*Filler attractions*

In both causes, the respective parks had a *major* attraction under development / construction - in the case of Paris, it was the plan to add Space Mountain, and in the case of Tokyo, it was Tower of Terror. The loop coasters were installed to help carry the crowd until the major ride was ready.

The thought that Magic Kingdom might plop in a loop coaster as filler is *completely* within the realm of possibly given past history with the same ride.

jedimaster1227

Don't mistake your own speculation for fact.

What do you think Temple of Peril and Raging Spirits were in the first place?

*Filler attractions*

In both causes, the respective parks had a *major* attraction under development / construction - in the case of Paris, it was the plan to add Space Mountain, and in the case of Tokyo, it was Tower of Terror. The loop coasters were installed to help carry the crowd until the major ride was ready.

The thought that Magic Kingdom might plop in a loop coaster as filler is *completely* within the realm of possibly given past history with the same ride.

Don't mistake my statements for speculation. Disney installed those attractions because the parks were in need of new attractions, not because another ride was being installed or rehabbed, but because the parks needed new attractions. The Disneyland Paris attraction was going to be put in whether or not Space Mountain was under construction, as it was in the plans for the park for years. Raging Spirits was added to follow through on DisneySea's tradition of adding something new every year. This year, being its 5th anniversary, they have added Tower of Terror. Fillers, these attractions were not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ almost. Sadly, Temple of Peril replaced the larger mine cart rollercoaster designed to straddle the railroad tracks in DLP - sharing the space and show building with Jungle Jeep Experdition; the first gen EMV attraction. The latter two attractions would have taken too long and clost too much, so `Peril was thrown up instead. The rest, as the shareholders say, is history.

basas

Who knows?
Let me just state again....this is all just wild speculation at this point.
I heard this as a RUMOR a couple months ago. I didn't say anything about it because I felt I didn't have enough info. None of my regular sources could back it up, so I just kinda hinted that they might be looking at a DisneySea ride to bring over.
At this point...I still have not gotten any confirmation on this ride. Not one little bit, other than the original rumor and Jim putting it in his article. However, sources (now up to three) have come forward to say it's very unlikely to happen.

Anyhow...let's all ease up a bit. No point getting too riled up/excited over an attraction that is still just a total rumor at this point.

I'm glad to hear this attraction is unlikely to be built at MK...

But, saying that, MK is still planning on getting some sort of major e-ticket soon, isn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom