Raging Spirits coming to MK?

Piebald

So does anyone have a RAGING CLUE as to if this attraction is even being considered or if it is just hoopla from Jim Hill?

(I don't even care if I get an answer, all I wanted to say was Raging clue.. :lol: )

Absimilliard

Regarding Crush at WDS

The Crush's Turtle Twister that is being built at Walt Disney Studios is the standard Maurer Sohne spinning coaster. Only thing they did was add a short lift and a dark ride portion before the mainlift. Here's what it looks like without the building and the theming: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2164.htm?picture=19 . Knowing what Maurer-Sohne already did on their spinning coasters, stuff like tilting or moving pieces of track... its sad Imagineering went with the standard fairground layout.

Epcot82Guy

They are doing that sort of thing with the Crush Coaster at Disneyland Paris. It starts as a dark ride before going up the lift and becoming a Primeval Whirl/Mulholland Madness mad mouse type coaster.

Maybe they could do that sort of thing with Raging Spirits?

That was exactly the idea I had in mind, although perhaps a bit more than what Crush is getting.

Montu

They are doing that sort of thing with the Crush Coaster at Disneyland Paris. It starts as a dark ride before going up the lift and becoming a Primeval Whirl/Mulholland Madness mad mouse type coaster.

That's really not an accurate assessment of Crush's Coaster at all. For one, the whole thing is basically a dark ride. It's all indoors with many set pieces and themed elements along the course of the coaster. The real thing that I want to point out though is that Crush will be a *much more fun* ride as far as coasters go than the crazy mouse and wild mouse you are comparing it to. Crush is a completely different ride system supplied by Maurer Shone, who, while similar in appearance to the untrained eye provide a VERY different ride experience. Prior to riding my frist Maurer Shone spinning coaster I expected to dislike the ride because I do not at all care for wild mouse coasters - but man, these ones are *so much damn fun*.

I was talking about Crush with a friend the other day and we both agree that it will be very easy to see Disney plop one of those rides down at every resort, and I would *totally* welcome it. Raging Spirits / Indy / Disappointment Loop Coaster on the other hand..........

Montu

So does anyone have a RAGING CLUE as to if this attraction is even being considered or if it is just hoopla from Jim Hill?

(I don't even care if I get an answer, all I wanted to say was Raging clue.. :lol: )

Here's your answer:

PIEBALD CAUSED 911.

CheriBibi

Well Raging Spirit/IndianaJones have always been basic business related additions. When DLP aknowledged their major problem during opening : 2 hours queues to most of its attraction. They needed something cheap and fast rating that would manage as many people in a short time. The dark rides originally planned for Phase 2 would have never been able to swallow this kind of crowd, that's why Indiana Jones came to town. Plus it has a great appeal to the 15/25...
We know that the MK can be quiet crowded considering it holds almots a double attendance than each other park on the resort. That wouldn't be a bad business decision though, to answer the "new thrill" demand with a cheap fast rate attraction that's even cheaper now that two versions already exist. But I've rode both the paris and tokyo version... It's short, it's not that big a of thrill, and even though the theming is not that bad at all, it doesn't really look like a DISNEY ride. It's more like very well themed 6 flags kinda ride. No Disney park needs it, especially not the most successful of all...

So my final thought would be : yeah sure, they might add it...

Tata.

RSoxNo1

How different would a Magic Kingdom version of Raging Spirits be compared to say what was original planned for the Excavator at the Animal Kingdom?

Pete C

Does MK really have a problem with capacity right now? Why stuff more into that park when they can put more at AK or MGM to filter people out of MK and into those parks.

Rehab Space Mountain...that's what MK really needs. Is that rumor going to happen?

Lee

Adventurer
Which has a better shot of being built in MK: Raging Spirits or the "rumor du jour" of a few weeks ago , Mermaid Lagoon?
Of those two? Raging...no doubt. Mermaid Lagoon ain't happening.

Being considered. I heard it long before Jim wrote about it.

Eyorefan

Does MK really have a problem with capacity right now? Why stuff more into that park when they can put more at AK or MGM to filter people out of MK and into those parks.

Rehab Space Mountain...that's what MK really needs. Is that rumor going to happen?

I agree. MGM is in serious need of some new attractions. And why put something new in MK when it has plenty of rides that need to be referbished?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How different would a Magic Kingdom version of Raging Spirits be compared to say what was original planned for the Excavator at the Animal Kingdom?

Very Different - from what we`ve seen, the Excavator was to be more like Cal` Screamin` at DCA. Raging is more like Space Mountain, in a box, with a loop. And of course outside. Think a `bobs` setup with a lot of track arranged in the same place at different levels. Wait... I got a diagram of `Peril somewhere...

RSoxNo1

It just seemed to be similiar enough concepts. I didn't know about the whole theming of it. I do feel that there needs to be a new Indy presence in the parks - but as many people on these boards have echoed, clones aren't necessarily the answer. I do agree that an addition to Adventureland would help spread out the crowds more, but it doesn't seem like Raging Spirits could be anything but a disappointment in the face of Everest.

If what Lee has speculated is true - this would be an E-Ticket that isn't innovative that would conceivably push back any new ride experience (say a robo coaster or some varient in tomorrow land).

Personally, I would like to see a varient of the hybrid coaster that was originally intended for Dragon Towers. I think that coaster idea could work with any number of themes we've heard for potential new attractions (Indy, Incredibles).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here you are;

Attachments

• Temple of Peril layout.jpg
    Temple of Peril layout.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 61

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree. MGM is in serious need of some new attractions. And why put something new in MK when it has plenty of rides that need to be referbished?
Depending on which rumors you believe MGM has at least one new attraction (Midway Mania or what ever it is being called this week) as well as a possible replacement for sounds dangerous on the way, so MGM is not being ignored.

PhilharMagician

This would be a needed attraction for Adventureland, but I do hope it is longer than it's predesessors. The one thing that bothers me just like most of you is that it may effect the addition of an E-ticket being added in the 20K area in the near future.

Nice job on the artwork Martin!

Madison

Temple of Peril is an Intamin coaster, Raging Spirits was done by some Japanese company. Disney + Intamin is not a very happy relationship after California Screamin'. On a side note, Universal + Intamin is a similiar relationship after Jaws. Frankly I'm shocked that Cedar Fair keeps going back to Intamin given Top Thrill Dragster's issues, and Millennium Forces issues before that, and even Wicked Twister's issues. Crazy old Intamin - Fantastic rides that are not very well thought out.

The Japanese ride was built by Sansei, but the design is the same as that provided to Intamin by Werner Stengel -- in essence, two different contractors working off the same set of plans.

I'm surprised, given their reputation around the internet, that anyone at all works with Intamin. They're among just a few major companies that are willing to do anything innovative, though, so I suppose that people understand the risk associated with that. It's not as if Arrow, when building its ride systems for Disneyland, did a much better job of designing rides that worked out of the box.

Speaking optimistically, I'd love to see Disney develop the huge tract of land that sits between Fantasyland, Toontown and the railroad tracks into something far greater than just a simple E-ticket with its entrance in Fantasyland. There's room back there for another entire land and few genres left to exploit with it. Go crazy and expand the palette of the park to allow for even greater future additions instead of trying to find more and more unique experiences to shoehorn into the existing themes.

PKD

If you pay more than a couple of million US dollars for the Pinfari ride it's based upon, you're being taken for a ride. :) These are not expensive rides by any reasonable standard.

http://www.italintl.com/category.php?category=Roller Coasters

There are not any Pinfari TL-59s on the site at the moment, but similar rides from the company are going for anywhere between about US$.5M to US$1M used.

Ok.. so they are selling used coasters..... So that is where Six Flags gets all their rides!

ms7479a

I think any addition to Magic Kingdom would be a positive. However, if they did add something to Adventure Land I would really like to see an Indiana Jones ride similar to the one in Disneyland. I know people will argue that it is basically the same as Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom, but if you can have Dumbo and Magic Carpets both in the Magic Kingdom and Triceratops Spin in Animal Kingdom then I think an Indiana Jones ride would do very well in Magic Kingdom despite being similar to Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom