Raging Spirits coming to MK?

DS456

An E-ticket rollercoaster for adventureland has been in the works for a long time. I didnt go through all the posts so I maybe repeating what has already been said. A roller coaster with a volcano theme has been on the drawing board for Adventureland for a while. I remember when I interned with mgmt, there had been talks of placing a volcano way out past the Pirates show building. This would mean a loading area and first ride section that would go underneath the railroad tracks and service roads to the main attraction area. Such placement would allow for a spectacular view of a volcano rising up out of Florida wetland without the other mountain peaks or castle turrets to disturb the skyline. The result would be the quintessential theming piece for Guests staying across the way at the Polynesian Resort.

Montu

Don't mistake my statements for speculation. Disney installed those attractions because the parks were in need of new attractions, not because another ride was being installed or rehabbed, but because the parks needed new attractions. The Disneyland Paris attraction was going to be put in whether or not Space Mountain was under construction, as it was in the plans for the park for years. Raging Spirits was added to follow through on DisneySea's tradition of adding something new every year. This year, being its 5th anniversary, they have added Tower of Terror. Fillers, these attractions were not.

Don't mistake your own speculation for fact.

Tim G

Nah...that died quite a while back.

Kinda....but it's not in a way I can talk about right now.
You can't??? :veryconfu

There's nothing wrong with your mouth is there... :D

Or do you mean you're not allowed to talk about it... :zipit:

Shaman

Speaking optimistically, I'd love to see Disney develop the huge tract of land that sits between Fantasyland, Toontown and the railroad tracks into something far greater than just a simple E-ticket with its entrance in Fantasyland. There's room back there for another entire land and few genres left to exploit with it. Go crazy and expand the palette of the park to allow for even greater future additions instead of trying to find more and more unique experiences to shoehorn into the existing themes.

I agree!!! A villains area would be nice....:D :lookaroun

Raging Spirts would be a high-impact addition to a park with a recent history of adding only kiddie rides....it could be built rather quickly compared to other recent coasters (like EE) and would be relatively cheap. A rollercoaster at the MK is very marketable given the current makeup of the park. Furthermore, an addition to Adv Land, along with the recent rise in popularity of PotC would help better balance the crowds at the park.

I think an addition like this is needed prior to MK refurbing SM.....the park is short on thrills at this moment, and if SM closes for 2 years for refurb, the park would be seriously lacking.

I agree! Adventure Land could use another attraction or two...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom