News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

jt04

Ever get the feeling that the Zootopia crowd is grasping at any straw to justify adding it somewhere? It won't draw. Zootopia is barely a blip on TDO's radar (if that). Cue the line from Elsa's famous song...

I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise but there is a way this can work amazingly. Let's see what they announce.

GlacierGlacier

To be fair, Disney does know the characters are somewhat popular.

After all, they did just have a hopps and Nick meet and greet at the cast event at Magic Kingdom. And they apparently show up in Wreck-it 2.

But I don't think they'll ever be influential in the American parks. Relegated to merch and m&g, with MAYBE a light theming application in RPW. But that's a stretch.

Disney Maddux

To be fair, Disney does know the characters are somewhat popular.

After all, they did just have a hopps and Nick meet and greet at the cast event at Magic Kingdom. And they apparently show up in Wreck-it 2.

But I don't think they'll ever be influential in the American parks. Relegated to merch and m&g, with MAYBE a light theming application in RPW. But that's a stretch.
That I'm fine with. I just want a permanent spot to meet my two favorite characters.

jt04

That I'm fine with. I just want a permanent spot to meet my two favorite characters.

A lot of inspired ideas occurring to me utilizing Judy and Nick. Never thought I would say that but there are ways Imaginnering can make this succeed. I going to hold off because it might have been put on hold. We will know for sure by D23.

RSoxNo1

Mickey Views just made a perfect point about this renovation. He said he believes it will stay as the Planet Watch, but with a new Zootopia section to go with it, and that it would include an exhibit about some of the species’ that live in Zootopia, and what they do in the real world, and a Judy and Nick M&G. So all of RPW stays, but a new Zootopia section with it.

That okay with you purists?
Something like this?
r-1453348108-ConservationStationZootopia2.jpg

jt04

Something like this?
r-1453348108-ConservationStationZootopia2.jpg

I think it will be something like Nick and Judy have decided to build a refuge for animals that are found injured and are being rehabilitated but could never survive in the wild.

Mash up of RPW, Toontown, and old school Future World pavilion.

Heavy on edutainment and pixie dust.

M*A*S*H Mobile Animal Surgical Hospital 😷

Kman101

Mickey Views just made a perfect point about this renovation. He said he believes it will stay as the Planet Watch, but with a new Zootopia section to go with it, and that it would include an exhibit about some of the species’ that live in Zootopia, and what they do in the real world, and a Judy and Nick M&G. So all of RPW stays, but a new Zootopia section with it.

That okay with you purists?

It likely still wouldn't be. But I'd be good with it because it uses the IP in a way that fits the park. It's not ideal of course but I'm someone who tries to give a little leeway. I know it's a popular IP despite what some think, but IDK, is that going to fix whatever problem they think they have with the area? Seems like a Donald's Dino-Bash kind of solution. Semi-solid but still eh overlay that is basically lipstick on a proverbial pig, so to speak?

But for the time being until they maybe do something major (should they so choose), I could see it as a strong possibility. I'm not on the boards as much but I'm surprised we haven't heard much on what's happening here. And if we have, can someone direct me to it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom