News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

ToTBellHop

There are no current, serious discussions of anything more than Zootopia m&gs at WDW (and only 1 day per week at that). The varied M&Gs, however, is a test to hopefully allow rarer characters not deemed worthy of a full-time M&G to meet sporadically. Wilde and Hopps are in that category.

A different project is under consideration for DAK.

Tom P.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but Animal Kingdom's message is just so in tact and the park is so beautiful right now I hope they don't dilute it with Zootopia. The park is the modern version of EPCOT Center in terms of it being true to it's original vision... I just don't want them to make the same mistakes.
I disagree. Animal Kingdom's original vision was tarred, feathered, and beaten over the head with a shovel when Pandora went in.

Brer Oswald

There are no current, serious discussions of anything more than Zootopia m&gs at WDW (and only 1 day per week at that). The varied M&Gs, however, is a test to hopefully allow rarer characters not deemed worthy of a full-time M&G to meet sporadically. Wilde and Hopps are in that category.

A different project is under consideration for DAK.
Off topic post, but is your profile picture your tattoo? If so, that’s sick!

Magenta Panther

I don't see why Zootopia wouldn't fit into DAK, given that DAK was originally supposed to include fictional beasts as well as real ones. And I don't see Zootopia as a good fit in DHS, unless you consider DHS a catch-all for random IPs, which, unfortunately, it may very well turn out to be...

Rteetz

Original Poster
I don't see why Zootopia wouldn't fit into DAK, given that DAK was originally supposed to include fictional beasts as well as real ones. And I don't see Zootopia as a good fit in DHS, unless you consider DHS a catch-all for random IPs, which, unfortunately, it may very well turn out to be...
Animals in Zootopia are imitating people. They drive cars, are police officers, etc. At least in films like Lion King or other films represented in AK they still act mainly like animals.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It's the fact that Zootopia takes place in a big, modern city, which is kind of the antithesis of Animal Kingdom. DHS is now about immersion into the worlds created by movies, So a Zootopia Land could very well fit.

But it doesn't really belong in a Castle Park either like Shanghai. (Then again, neither does Galaxy's Edge).

Magenta Panther

Animals in Zootopia are imitating people. They drive cars, are police officers, etc. At least in films like Lion King or other films represented in AK they still act mainly like animals.

Okay, so a talking animal has to be naked, talk only to other animals, and walk on all fours to fit into DAK?

lazyboy97o

Beastly Kingdom was not any and all fictional animals. They were mythological animals which personified man's understanding of the powers of the natural world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom