News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

Disney Maddux

As a "millennial" I have no problem with Iger. I think what he has done for the company has been great. The only gripe I have is the use of the Muppets especially since they've owned them for almost 14 years as all we've gotten is a sparsely themed restaurant and albeit a pretty entertaining street show.
We were gonna get The Great Muppet Movie Ride... Which would've been pretty cool to see.

Br’er Rabbit

As a "millennial" I have no problem with Iger. I think what he has done for the company has been great. The only gripe I have is the use of the Muppets especially since they've owned them for almost 14 years as all we've gotten is a sparsely themed restaurant and albeit a pretty entertaining street show.

They just added the mobile muppets lab at Epcot not too long ago. It’s not really something big but at least it shows that they haven’t completely disregarded the Muppets.

Kman101

No, you are not an AK purist. Nor are you an EC purist. I’ve been reading your posts for awhile now and you often agree with both the IP-PixieDusters and ThemePark-Old-Guard. To me it seems your standard is whatever sounds fun. There’s nothing wrong with that, but don’t pretend like there is some sort of principled vision behind it. I’m not trying to be mean; it’s just that there are a few people on these forums hiding behind the title of “purist” yet are supporting the Bob’s lackluster-vision for the parks.

LOL. Ok. But yeah, you are being fairly rude. You're making quite a bit of an assumption. I've never said I was Epcot purist ;) It's ironic what you're calling me out on I could easily say the same. Some of you are a little too stuck in what you think works and what doesn't. I'm not supporting Bob's lackluster vision. If you've actually read my posts like you claim, you know there's PLENTY I've complained about. Some of you want to rage against IP and then talk down to those who don't hate it as if they're the gum on the bottom of your shoe. Like you're doing now. What makes ANY of us "experts"? Very few of us are can be called that. It's called our opinion and that's all mine was. Sorry it worked you up so much. Why so triggered? (Probably because I hit the nail on the head and you wanted to "come back" at me for some reason; not sure it was deserved, personally). Clearly all I said hit a nerve. And so what? SOME IP I don't mind. SOME IP I think actually could fit. This "either/or" situation some of you create is also a bit much. Everything's horrible and the sky is falling. I understand the deep attachment. But some of you act like this is life and death.

Some of you take this way too seriously. It's a theme park at the end of the day folks. It's not the sky is falling end of the world dramatic thing some of you treat it as.

And if you want to get to know me, send me a DM :) I'll tell you lots of ideas I have for Epcot and most don't include an IP, so thank you very much :) Hope you have a better day than this message indicated to me you were having before.

Because some of you are fans when I couldn't be, doesn't make most of you any more of an expert on what fits than me, I'm very well aware of what makes these parks tick and I'm sorry you don't seem to get that, my age shouldn't matter on whether or not I "get" these parks (and for the record, if you actually knew me, you'd know this instead of making blanket statements treating me like I'm a troll). If some of you don't like IP suggested, well, suck it up because we shouldn't have to stop talking about what we want to talk about (as long as it is on topic) because some of you have designated IP as the devil that must be beat down.

Some of you need to come down off your superiority high horses.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

LOL. Ok. But yeah, you are being fairly rude. You're making quite a bit of an assumption. I've never said I wasn Epcot purist ;) It's ironic what you're calling me out on I could easily say the same. Some of you are a little too stuck in what you think works and what doesn't. I'm not supporting Bob's lackluster vision. If you've actually read my posts like you claim, you know there's PLENTY I've complained about. Some of you want to rage against IP and then talk down to those who don't hate it as if they're the gum on the bottom of your shoe. Like you're doing now. What makes ANY of us "experts"? Very few of us are can be called that. It's called our opinion and that's all mine was. Sorry it worked you up so much. Why so triggered?

Some of you take this way too seriously. It's a theme park at the end of the day folks. It's not the sky is falling end of the world dramatic thing some of you treat it as.
Where's the 2nd like button, as well as the 3rd and 4th one? I want to like this more than once.

Kman101

Where's the 2nd like button, as well as the 3rd and 4th one? I want to like this more than once.

The reaction is a bit much, like usual. People designate themselves theme experts (we have several wonderful experts, and many insiders, none of this is geared towards them), lecture and berate and almost bully those who don't agree. It's quite sad we can't have different opinions on the parks.

Disney Maddux

The reaction is a bit much, like usual. People designate themselves theme experts, lecture and berate and almost bully those who don't agree. It's quite sad we can't have different opinions on the parks.
As I just said... Where's the 2nd and 3rd like button? This is a very accurate statement right here.

Kman101

No, you are not an AK purist. Nor are you an EC purist. I’ve been reading your posts for awhile now and you often agree with both the IP-PixieDusters and ThemePark-Old-Guard. To me it seems your standard is whatever sounds fun. There’s nothing wrong with that, but don’t pretend like there is some sort of principled vision behind it. I’m not trying to be mean; it’s just that there are a few people on these forums hiding behind the title of “purist” yet are supporting the Bob’s lackluster-vision for the parks.

LOL. This post just continues to make me laugh. Thank you. I needed that. I'm not pretending anything. And yes there are a few people on these forums hiding. I'm not one of those and I'm pretty darn insulted you've lumped me in with them. Heaven forbid I don't treat each situation as dramatic and the sky is falling and I don't think some IP won't ruin the parks. I mean, heaven forbid I have my own opinion ;) I can like and dislike what I want. What I don't understand is why some of you don't even try to find some middle ground. That's what I do. Maybe I actually feel the way I talk? Ever think of that? Because I refuse to take a hardlined stance? I think it's dangerous to be so staunchly against or for something you can't be open to changing your mind. Some of you are unbelievably stubborn. I'm sorry me having an open mind and actually treating each situation as it's own unique situation and not basing my opinion on those around me or the popular opinion is something you seem to consider wrong. I mean, do you realize how your post sounds? This is not life or death here. Everyone needs to relax a little. We're so quick to attack and jump on each other.

Kman101

As I just said... Where's the 2nd and 3rd like button? This is a very accurate statement right here.

The reaction is unbelievable. You're basically called a troll if you don't beat the drum or take a hardlined stance. Heaven forbid I leave myself open to changing my mind. Who knew that was wrong? :joyfull: I also don't get acting personally offended as if I personally attacked you (not you specifically) when all I'm doing is saying I don't hate certain things and I think certain things actually fit. The reaction tells me some are so stuck in their ways they can't even be open to the idea.

I'm used to not having the popular opinion. But some people need to understand that we all have different viewpoints and opinions. That's what it is. I'm tired of being told "no this doesn't fit" when actually yes it could. Now *should* it? I'm not saying that. There's a difference. I'm tired of being attacked for simply posting my opinion. There's been one or two people I've clashed with but I rarely bother to "call anyone out". I've never understood that. What's the goal? To make them look bad? To look cool? LOL. I don't get it. No one else cares about reading these posts ... a DM would have sufficed.

And some of you could just breeze by posts and, you know, not say anything? If someone wants to beat Zooptopia in the ground, it doesn't make you look good calling them out (do I love seeing it mentioned so much? Not really. But I'm not constantly calling them out to stop either; it's not my job and it's all innocent. I'm not sure why some people get so darn worked up; it's a message board, not life or death). Report them. Why do we have to have forum police? Report the posts and move on. Why draw even more attention on it? Sometimes it's OK to just scroll by and go about your day.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

I was at RPW today. I got to go into the cab of locomotive Green and blow the whistle! Awesome experience. All you have to do is ask and they'll let you. I'm going to produce a tribute video to this awesome attraction over the next couple weeks. They've already started taking out a few exhibits from the trail to it. Most of the animals are being retrained. You might even see a few donkeys walking around Africa soon too lol.

Edit: so the donkeys have specially designed packs. The Comodo dragon has already moved.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

I was at RPW today. I got to go into the cab of locomotive Green and blow the whistle! Awesome experience. All you have to do is ask and they'll let you. I'm going to produce a tribute video to this awesome attraction over the next couple weeks. They've already started taking out a few exhibits from the trail to it. Most of the animals are being retrained. You might even see a few donkeys walking around Africa soon too lol.

Edit: so the donkeys have specially designed packs. The Comodo dragon has already moved.
If we don’t get a Goats on the Loose overlay to Anadapur, I give up.
Goats did come from Eastern Europe and Southwest Asia, after all...

EPICOT

LOL. Ok. But yeah, you are being fairly rude. You're making quite a bit of an assumption. I've never said I was Epcot purist ;) It's ironic what you're calling me out on I could easily say the same. Some of you are a little too stuck in what you think works and what doesn't. I'm not supporting Bob's lackluster vision. If you've actually read my posts like you claim, you know there's PLENTY I've complained about. Some of you want to rage against IP and then talk down to those who don't hate it as if they're the gum on the bottom of your shoe. Like you're doing now. What makes ANY of us "experts"? Very few of us are can be called that. It's called our opinion and that's all mine was. Sorry it worked you up so much. Why so triggered? (Probably because I hit the nail on the head and you wanted to "come back" at me for some reason; not sure it was deserved, personally). Clearly all I said hit a nerve. And so what? SOME IP I don't mind. SOME IP I think actually could fit. This "either/or" situation some of you create is also a bit much. Everything's horrible and the sky is falling. I understand the deep attachment. But some of you act like this is life and death.

And if you want to get to know me, send me a DM :) I'll tell you lots of ideas I have for Epcot and most don't include an IP, so thank you very much :) Hope you have a better day than this message indicated to me you were having before.

Because some of you are fans when I couldn't be, doesn't make most of you any more of an expert on what fits than me, I'm very well aware of what makes these parks tick and I'm sorry you don't seem to get that, my age shouldn't matter on whether or not I "get" these parks (and for the record, if you actually knew me, you'd know this instead of making blanket statements treating me like I'm a troll). If some of you don't like IP suggested, well, suck it up because we shouldn't have to stop talking about what we want to talk about (as long as it is on topic) because some of you have designated IP as the devil that must be beat down.

I offered a criticism to your perspective.
I never called you a troll.
I never claimed to be an expert.
I never claimed theme parks were “life or death.”
I did not personally attack you or try to “read into” how your day was based off an internet post.

These forums are for sharing opinions and, yes, sometimes disagreements. If you think I’m wrong, then I’m willing to listen.

eddie104

You just summed up a lot of my frustrations with posters on this board and if I could give a thousand likes I would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom