Question regarding birthdays and a moral dilemna..

Erika

Taryn said:
My family and I are travelling to Walt Disney World February 26-March 6th for a wedding. Now, I love attention to a fault, and my 18th birthday was the 5th of February...so my question is, could I get a birthday button? My birthday festivities WERE greatly reduced because we're spending so much money on the trip, so I think it would be ok to say that I'm celebrating my bday at the parks...but what do you guys think? Because if everybody here thinks I'd be a horrible person for doing that, then I won't, lol

When your birthday falls in the middle of the week, don't you celebrate it on the weekend? Same thing! Go for it! And have fun :wave:

Paul&chris2005

How do you go about getting these Pins?

Im going for my 19th in June & my girlfriend is looking to make a big deal about it, so this will be right up her street.

BigNormsMom

In previous years when I have gone on my birthday, I did not know about the birthday pins. However in 2005 we went a few weeks before my birthday and I got one in every park. However, I did not wear them or try to capitalize on them, I only wanted them for my personal collection. So YEAH:sohappy:go for it and have fun after all You are at Walt Disney World:lol: .

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Oh, I'm so glad you all approve! This really is going to be the most magical (un)birthday ever :D

And don't worry, I'm going to stop at the free pins....no pool hopping/reusal of old resort mugs for this girl!

Neverwhere

You know what? My next trip is 10/29-11/3.
My birthday (30th , ugh, wanna trade?? I'll be 18, you can be 30?? ;) ) is on 11/2 but I plan on wearing the button and the silly hat the whole trip. It IS my birthday trip after all.

Go for it!

Heatherbell

Yes they have anniversary buttons and you get both the anniversary buttons and birthday buttons at guest relations at the entrance of each park. Magic Kingdom and MGM have the same pin but Animal Kingdoms and Epcots are different. Epcot's is the best in my opinion.

I made my husband go and get my pin every day, LOL.

So happy anniversaries and happy birthdays to all!!!

tigger248

Happy birthday! Get your pin and wear it proudly. And, most of all, have fun!

I got one for my half birthday when I was a cp. My birthday was before my program and I wanted a pin so my roomate (who's birthday actually was in November) and I celebrated her birthday and my half birthday by staying in the GF. We each got a birthday cup cake at breakfast and birthday pins. It was fun.

I'm going to DLR this year 2 weeks after my 23rd birthday and I plan to get a pin there and celebrate my birthday (if they have pins in CA).

AutumnKlassic

Same Problem

I have the same problem, just on a longer scale. August 1st is my birthday and we didn't celebrate it this year and wont next to save for our amazing 2 week long trip to Disney World. We will be leaving on September 30th and I wanted to celebrate my 30th birthday on October 1st (exactltly 2 months later) which will also be my 10 year 7 month anniversary (which we wont be celebrating either), so do I go on and plan for that to be my 30th Un-BIRTHDAY and 10th Un-Anniversary or do I suck it up and behave like a grown up and not fudge a little and claim it to be my birthday? Wont the reception desk have your birthdays on file when you check in and know that is is not your actual birthday?

I WANT MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ypcat

If you are celebrating your birthday and anniversery by going on the trip, go for it. I don't ever remember them asking for birthdates for adults anyway, just children's ages.

executivechef

Behave like a grown up Autumn?
NEVER!!!! Your going to Disney World, act like the kid you really are!
Enjoy your trip and Happy Belated!
Guy

TINKERLOR

Do you have to show any kind of identification? Where do you go to get a birthday button? We go the first 14 days of May and my Mom's birthday is May 3, however we won't hit any of the parks until May 5th.

Craig & Lisa

Do you have to show any kind of identification? Where do you go to get a birthday button? We go the first 14 days of May and my Mom's birthday is May 3, however we won't hit any of the parks until May 5th.
You do not have to show proof, when we there from the 23rd to the 27 of Aug. one of our party had just celebrated his 21st b-day, so for every meal we had planned we had a small celebration, even a very BIG embarassing one at 1900 park fare. In fact when you make your meal arrangements say your celebrating that persons b-day, then when you get to the diner, just mention if you want to make it embarassing, and they can do it too. :D :animwink:

shoppingnut

At MK it's at Town Hall and all other parks Guest Relations.

shimshim

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm going Dec. 27th this year, and my 23rd birthday is Dec. 17th. It's not like I do birthday parties or anything anymore, and my parents, once they found out I was going to Disney, said they would give me money towards my trip and that would be my birthday gift..or part of my Christmas gift. Whichever they figure out.

I figured being 10 days past by birthday I couldn't get a pin, but I really wanted to get one just to have. So now I'm going to at least try for one. I'd probably be too embarassed to put it on, but like I said, it would be very cool to have. :)

Scooter

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm going Dec. 27th this year, and my 23rd birthday is Dec. 17th. It's not like I do birthday parties or anything anymore, and my parents, once they found out I was going to Disney, said they would give me money towards my trip and that would be my birthday gift..or part of my Christmas gift. Whichever they figure out.

I figured being 10 days past by birthday I couldn't get a pin, but I really wanted to get one just to have. So now I'm going to at least try for one. I'd probably be too embarassed to put it on, but like I said, it would be very cool to have. :)

Put it on...and wear it proudly. It's amazing how the people you meet will respond. They don't harass you...they congratulate you. It really does make for a more fun experiance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom