Question about "select" resorts

dumbo86

Hello. I have been reading these forums for quite a while, but I hardly ever post. I am planning a vacation in early June for my 1 year wedding anniversary with my wife. I know I am booking late but things have just recently fallen into place that are allowing us to go. My wife has never been to WDW and with the new 3-free-nights promotion, I figure this may be the only time we will be able to afford a deluxe resort...sorry I am rambling.

Basically I know she would love the AKL but when I go through the promotion link on the WDW site, it says it is not available, but if I book it without the promotion offer, there is space available. I was not sure if there was a set list of "select resorts" that the promotion says it applies to. Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching for it.

Also, do you think maybe it would be wise to call to make the reservations over the phone and hope for better luck? Thank you in advance for your help.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They set aside a certain number of rooms for the promotion at each resort. When they've been booked, it will show that they're not available. Perhaps try adjusting your dates slightly if you can.

I would suggest calling Kingdom Konsultants and see what they can find for you, they've been known to work miracles! :king:

Upvote 0

dumbo86

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your help. I figured it was something like that MontyMon, unfortunately.

wvdisneyfamily, WL has always been my dream resort to stay at (we always stayed at POR (which I love)). Because WL was available and AKL was not, I tried to do some research by typing "AKL vs WL" into google, and I didn't realize how great of a debate it is! It sounds like both are great resorts. If we will not be able to afford a savannah room, would AKL even be worth it?

The only downside I have seen for us at WL is the small quick service restaurant (at least compared to AKL). I think we will be eating breakfast there most mornings (cannot afford to go to a big breakfast every morning if we are splurging on the deluxe resort and I am used to POR that has a big food court where we ate breakfast every morning).

I may start anoter thread about WL vs AKL as most of the debates seem to be dated. I am curious about the transportation options from WL.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

The only downside I have seen for us at WL is the small quick service restaurant (at least compared to AKL). I think we will be eating breakfast there most mornings (cannot afford to go to a big breakfast every morning if we are splurging on the deluxe resort and I am used to POR that has a big food court where we ate breakfast every morning).

I may start anoter thread about WL vs AKL as most of the debates seem to be dated. I am curious about the transportation options from WL.

If you stay at WL and are looking for a good, affordable breakfast, take the boat or walk over to Fort Wilderness and try the Trail's End Buffet. It's roughly $15 and they have a good selection. I know that would get expensive after a couple of days, but just an idea :)

Also at WL, you have the option to use the boats to get to the Magic Kingdom. You can take the boats there and then use the monorail to get to the TTC/Epcot.

I haven't stayed at either of the resorts so I can't help to tell you great details. But I have stayed at Fort Wilderness so I know about the boat system lol.

Upvote 0

dumbo86

Original Poster
Thanks Belle!

It is great to know about the Trails End Buffett.

The transportation from WL sounds like it is great to MK and Epcot with the boat and monorail. When it comes to AK and DHS, does the WL bus route stop at other resorts? If so does anyone know the order?

Also to get from WL to the monorail, what is the best route? Boat to MK? Is there a boat to the Contemporary or bus to the TTC?

Thanks again. And if this is too of-topic from the orignal post, I can start a new thread.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Thanks Belle!

It is great to know about the Trails End Buffett.

The transportation from WL sounds like it is great to MK and Epcot with the boat and monorail. When it comes to AK and DHS, does the WL bus route stop at other resorts? If so does anyone know the order?

Also to get from WL to the monorail, what is the best route? Boat to MK? Is there a boat to the Contemporary or bus to the TTC?

Thanks again. And if this is too of-topic from the orignal post, I can start a new thread.

The WL shares a bus with Fort Wilderness for DHS. The bus will go to FW first then pick up at WL. As for AK, the bus is usually shared with one of the water parks with AK being the first stop.

WL also has a direct bus that goes to Epcot.

To get to the monorail you can either take the big MK launch and catch the resort monorail at MK or you can take one of the smaller resort launches from the same dock at WL and it will take you to both the Contemporary and FW.

Another route to MK is to take the resort launch to the Contemporary and then a short walk to the MK gate.

Upvote 0

CBug88

If you are able to stay at AKL and are unable to get a Savannah Room, I do think it is still worth your time. The Savannah's are easily accessible throughout the resort and you may end up even getting lucky and they could give you an upgrade as well. But, I am baised b/c my favorite Deluxe is AKL ...... I have never stayed at WL yet, but have heard many great things about it. I guess it depends based on your needs and wants (i.e. if you want to be closer to MK and have more transporation options, etc.) But, if you decide for AKL and all works out, I do not think you will be disappointed in the least! Happy Travels!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom