Put Time Racers in Wonders of Life?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Since it looks like SE is staying (thank god - its one of the last proper Omnimover/AA rides left), and they seem hell bent on running down Wonders of Life, how about putting Time Racers in there? Its a vast enough building, with a similar shape to SE.

Body Wars still hits well, so why not move it over to Innoventions West, Southern half - isnt most of this space unused compared to the Communicore era? The simulators should fit in without too much trouble, or relativley minor excavation - if they could lower the floor of a whole theatre (Magic Eye EO to HISTA refit) they can do it here. Or maybe change the show to TDS` StormChasers- they have the simulators already so for a relatively small outlay they have a new E Ride.

Surely this kind of thinking makes Eisner take notice!

General Grizz

I would disagree.

1. "Time Racers" itself was a proposed POST-SHOW to Spaceship Earth.

2. The ride itself centered itself on human history, and required somewhat the SE globe.

Why replace a health pavilion with a "time" pavilion? Spaceship Earth seems good enough. Just put the post-show in.

As for Body Wars, I say kill it and put in a new kind of health thrill-ride that does NOT detract from the peaceful nature of "Life" just (like BW in 1989). It wouldn't fit at Imagination, or anywhere else. It fits in life.

Remember the pavilion - not the ride! :D

Shaman

Originally posted by General Grizz
Remember the pavilion - not the ride! :D

I think the pavilion needs the most work...the whole thing....but then again that could stem from my dislike for it....(one of the biggest problems, I think, is that WoL is the only pavilion not fully visible from the the outside....its covered by a lot of trees...maybe thats why it doesn't do so well crowd-wise.

:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a thought. I dont want it to end up another oddysey. or 20,000 leagues. Or even Timekeeper.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by objr
one of the biggest problems, I think, is that WoL is the only pavilion not fully visible from the the outside....its covered by a lot of trees...maybe thats why it doesn't do so well crowd-wise.

:lookaroun

ya know, you brought up a good point, and i've thought about this myself. it is a really hard building to spot unless you know it's there. and i remember the first time i went to WOL, i was wondering if we were supposed to just walk in...after all, it IS really hidden. so, yeah, i think they should thin out some of the trees. i think if they did, that might actually boost attendance a bit. of course, as i think we all know, a little updating could be a major help with attendance as well!

bdhowell

I agree that WOL needs a new attraction. I do not think it should be a "simulator type" attraction, (i.e. MS, Soarin', Body Wars)

**** P.S. I know that MS and Soarin' are not typical "simulator" attractions.****

General Grizz

My design for Wonders of Life:

• Brand new full-coaster ride (the first "coaster" at EPCOT) themed directly to the human body - with BRAND new features that set this coaster near nothing else (i.e. certain controls) in actual motion, while relying on guest knowledge gained throughout the "show."
  • A refilming of the Cranium Command characters with modern-day actors and actresses; redone footage. Also, a better designed queue (with maintained wall-carpet) with a more "recruit" feel that sets it apart from the pavilion a bit more.
  • TOTALLY brand new in design exhibits. i.e. the upstairs Image Works. Tunnels. Things to discover. Computers. Health and personality tests with Disney characters, perhaps.
  • Brand new animatronic show with a new character. Maybe even put some Disney characters in the Anacomical player show. Wouldn't that be neat? A nice ole character show.
  • Update the pavilion. Keep the "fair" and PEACEFUL atmosphere, while maintaining a classy new look.

Whatcha think? Keeps the education, HIGH crowds, and proper dedication to LIFE and HEALTH!

AndyP

If WoL is to be updated, in my honest opinion, they need to do A LOT of work. I always thought that the building roof now looks old, dirty and and something that doesn't draw you in. A total revamp is required i think, that matches the fresh, clean and simple look, as well as futuristic, the rest of EPCOT has.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by General Grizz
The ride itself centered itself on human history, and required somewhat the SE globe.

:D

Having not seen this attraction, I am wondering...Is there any room on Human History for Creationism. I hear that it is a theory that is catching on in the scientific world. Some museum is even being created that goes by the name "Truth in Genesis" or something like that.

The above is not too political is it?

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Having not seen this attraction, I am wondering...Is there any room on Human History for Creationism. I hear that it is a theory that is catching on in the scientific world. Some museum is even being created that goes by the name "Truth in Genesis" or something like that.

i personally wouldn't have a problem with this at ALL, since i am religious and i do believe in Creationism. but, unfortunately, i don't think it would work in WDW. obviously, WDW is a very public place with people from ALL walks of life. some would very much enjoy seeing this in the park, some would pay no mind to it, others would be highly offended. it's those that would be highly offended that would keep this kind of thing out of the parks.
religion and Creationism and all that is so controversial that i doubt Disney would even risk putting it in the park. though, ya never know!

andre85

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i personally wouldn't have a problem with this at ALL, since i am religious and i do believe in Creationism. but, unfortunately, i don't think it would work in WDW. obviously, WDW is a very public place with people from ALL walks of life. some would very much enjoy seeing this in the park, some would pay no mind to it, others would be highly offended. it's those that would be highly offended that would keep this kind of thing out of the parks.
religion and Creationism and all that is so controversial that i doubt Disney would even risk putting it in the park. though, ya never know!

Won't happen. EPCOT seems to be more of an educational based theme park, and perpetuating religious myths is not a facet Disney would want affiliated with the theme park. Plus (as you mentioned) it would offend anyone who wasn't of the Christian faith. I don't fly with Alaska Airlines for this specific reason.

Originally posted by JBSLJames

Well, this "theory" isn't catching on any more than it has in the past.

Heh, it's interesting that you're a christian (I'm presuming), yet a fan of Rush as well (nothing wrong with that, just peculiar).

RalphieN

Originally posted by andre85
EPCOT seems to be more of an educational based theme park, and perpetuating religious myths is not a facet Disney would want affiliated with the theme park.

For years and years and years, the public has been forcefed this myth of evolution to the point that the uninformed accept it as fact yet the proof of this theory has never been produced. Christians are not the only people who believe in Creationism and more and more, open-minded members of the scientific communinty are realizing that they have spent their lives trying to create truth through the idea of evolution rather than discover it.

SO, if EPCOT is truly a place for scientific theories and advancements to thrive and not just a showcase for the agendas of the part of scientific community that would rather stick with their incorrect notion of truth rather than admit that they were wrong, well both theories should be present and let the people decide what makes more sense. Evolutionists won't want this because then the problems of their theory will be exposed, however.

SIR90210

Originally posted by andre85
Won't happen. EPCOT seems to be more of an educational based theme park, and perpetuating religious myths is not a facet Disney would want affiliated with the theme park.

CREATIONISM IS NOT A MYTH!!

How do you try to get someone banned??

General Grizz

Oh boy.

stop-sign-1.jpg

Kopp8699

HAHAHAHAHA General Grizz, but back on topic, ive never been a fan of WoL.... Personally i think Mission: Space or Test Track shouldve taken WoL's spot just because it wouldve saved World of Motion or Horizons, but thats a seperate topic :rolleyes: ......... ok really back on topic lol. But WoL is really "tired", its in need of a huge facelift, and as the way the park has been updating, meaning HUGE updates n not like Journey Into Imagination-JIYI or UoE-Ellen's Energy, World of Motion-Test Track, Horizons-Mission: Space, Wonders of Life would be next, but this is only my guess.... I could be wrong tho.

Brian_B

Topic #1) I personally think SE should be designated a national historic landmark, and thereby would (I think) be impervious to the "affection" Disney has shown towards other less fortunate pavilions. The best idea I could come up with for WOL was sort of like taking the concept of Body Wars and modulating it into a Space Mountain type roller coaster wherein you rocket through heart valves and go through a banked downward spiral/helix inside a huge lung, complete with "breathing" sounds. Imagine "Adventures thru inner space" combined with Body Wars and Space Mountain, on ACID.

Of course, Cranium Command is very popular, so it should be preserved; the guests entering the pavilion should have sort of a choice between Cranium Command or this proposed coaster-type ride.

Added advantage: turning WOL into a high-octane thrill ride might lessen the need for Disney to take other, more-beloved pavilions and giving them "the treatment". I mean, if they turn WoL into an E ticket attraction, that makes 4: WoL, Test Track, M:S and Soarin'. are they really gonna need ANOTHER?

Topic #2) Not to keep the bad vibes flowing, but I have to say something:
Seriously folks, Disney is where you go to escape realism. That's why attractions like SE don't deal with sensitive subjects like religion and humbly start with humans at a reasonably "advanced" level; you can fill in the blanks however you like, and believe what you want to believe without feeling bad. Having something dedicated to God in any attraction is unfair to people who don't believe in God, or allah, or Jehova, or Anubis, or Bill Cosby, or whatever freakin' deity you're into. You (whoever started this discussion) wouldn't want to see something in SE blatantly stating that humans evolved from monkeys, the same way those who don't believe in God wouldn't want to see something professing creationism. Favoring either is unfair, and a double standard.

-Brian

Ps. Banning someone for calling creationism a Myth is no different from someone asking for YOU to be banned because you said it could be a fact. Is either fair? No. It's a free country, people are allowed to believe what they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom