Pushing Daisies...anyone watch?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I thought this show looked interesting so I thought I would give it a try, although, Lord knows I don't need any more shows!!

Overall I enjoyed it, but I am interested to see how they will make a series out of it. I like how it was narrated, it made it so bizzare!
Anyways I don't want to give anything away if there are some of you who might have TiVo'd it, but just wanted some opinions on what you thought of the show if you watched it?
I will most likely give it a go next week, if it doesn't hold my interest I will most likely stop watching.

mpoppins76

I watched it. It was interesting, I think I liked it. :lol:

It reminded me of Tim Burton's style. Made me think of the movie "Big Fish". :)

FanofDinsey1981

I also very much enjoyed the show. I enjoyed it's 'burton-esque' style, the witty banter, and even the voiceover. I am not usually a fan of voiceovers, but this one is well done.

I hope the show does well, I think it might put of a lot of people, but I hope there is enough of a following to keep it going.

hcswingfield

I loved it! All of the characters are quite charming. There's also a lot of very subtle comedy that could go unnoticed if you aren't paying attention. I'm looking forward to Wednesday night TV now!

FanofDinsey1981

I loved it! All of the characters are quite charming. There's also a lot of very subtle comedy that could go unnoticed if you aren't paying attention. I'm looking forward to Wednesday night TV now!

As of right now, Pushing Dasies will be my only wednesday night show. I have been using wednesday nights to catch up on non-basic cable tv shows, (such as the daily show and mythbusters and random travel channel shows).

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I was trying to write out some cards while I was watching, so a couple times I was like, what just happened? Luckily Damon was paying attention so he would tell me.
I watch Private Practice as well even though I have no idea why they decided to make a show about Addison. It's not great, but I feel like I need to watch because I love Grey's Anatomy.

hcswingfield

I was trying to write out some cards while I was watching, so a couple times I was like, what just happened? Luckily Damon was paying attention so he would tell me.
I watch Private Practice as well even though I have no idea why they decided to make a show about Addison. It's not great, but I feel like I need to watch because I love Grey's Anatomy.

I love Grey's Anatomy, too, but couldn't get through an episode of Private Practice. Addison was not my favorite character on GA by a long shot.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I love Grey's Anatomy, too, but couldn't get through an episode of Private Practice. Addison was not my favorite character on GA by a long shot.

I don't really enjoy her that much at all, and I am so surprised they picked her to make a series out of. I was laughing at the commercials for it yesterday where they keep playing her saying "I'm a world class Neo Natal Surgeon! The best in the world!"
Ok Addison! :rolleyes:

Uponastar

I don't really enjoy her that much at all, and I am so surprised they picked her to make a series out of. I was laughing at the commercials for it yesterday where they keep playing her saying "I'm a world class Neo Natal Surgeon! The best in the world!"
Ok Addison! :rolleyes:

I personally prefer humble first-class neo-natal surgeons. :rolleyes:
She was never a favorite of mine on Grey's and I don't care for her much in this show either, although I've watched the first two episodes and will probably tune in again, God knows why.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
She was never a favorite of mine on Grey's and I don't care for her much in this show either, although I've watched the first two episodes and will probably tune in again, God knows why.

The storyline last night was pretty good I thought. The baby switch kind of made me cry. I think the actors are good, just not as good as Grey's. I will probably keep watching too lol. I guess there is nothing else to do.

hcswingfield

Maybe it's because there is absolutely nothing else on in that time slot, unless you want to watch reruns of Mind of Mencia and Southpark on Comedy Central. Why couldn't CBS move some of its Monday shows to that time slot. Don't they know everyone is watching Dancing with the Stars on Monday?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Maybe it's because there is absolutely nothing else on in that time slot, unless you want to watch reruns of Mind of Mencia and Southpark on Comedy Central. Why couldn't CBS move some of its Monday shows to that time slot. Don't they know everyone is watching Dancing with the Stars on Monday?

I agree, or move Bachelor to Wednesday because I really hate watching it at 10 o clock at night.

DisneyJill

I liked Pushing Daisies. I think it will be interesting to see how they develop a whole series out of it though. I liked how it was such a dark topic, but there were those elements of color that kept popping, like the fruit in his pies or the field of flowers. Very interesting. And how cute is Ned, really?

As for PP, I'm still not sure. Probably one that I'll watch if I'm home and it's on but I'm not setting the DVR for a series recording. I thought if I heard that commercial ("I am a world class neo-natal surgeon. And I'm here to stay.") one more time I was going to throw something at my TV. The first episode was a little over dramatic. And Naomi is like the worst character, ever.

FanofDinsey1981

I And how cute is Ned, really?

VERY CUTE! And I am quite impressed with his acting, I looked him up and he had been classicly trained (and did a lot of work in Shakespeare plays).

And Kristin Chenaweth is fantastic too, even though her part was small in the first episode. I heard she was great on broadway in Wicked as Galinda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom