Pushing Daisies...anyone watch?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
And how cute is Ned, really?

I thought so as well. I really enjoyed his acting.

I thought if I heard that commercial ("I am a world class neo-natal surgeon. And I'm here to stay.") one more time I was going to throw something at my TV.

Omg seriously! They even played it this past weekend for a preview of the upcoming show!

The first episode was a little over dramatic. And Naomi is like the worst character, ever.

Agreed! So I guess there is one person I like less then Addison.

hcswingfield

2nd episode of Pushing Daisies was equally entertaining. I'm hooked now.

I gave "Private Practice" one more chance. I do hope another network puts something worth watching in that time slot so I'll have another choice.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Omg Kristen Chenoweth was cracking me up last night. She is just too cute.
I liked this episode more then the first and definitely think I will continue watching.

What did you think about PP and Naomi with her cake? :rolleyes:

hcswingfield

Omg Kristen Chenoweth was cracking me up last night. She is just too cute.
I liked this episode more then the first and definitely think I will continue watching.

What did you think about PP and Naomi with her cake? :rolleyes:

The whole cake plot line was really forced to me. Audra McDonald (the actress with the cake) has won several Tony awards. They are wasting her talent so far in this show. Maybe they should let her sing (You are right, Kristen Chenowith was hilarious!)

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
For some reason I just keep watching it. I guess it's because nothing else is on. I do enjoy the therapist's scenes and those are the only ones I have teared up at. Can't think of her name at the moment though.

hcswingfield

For some reason I just keep watching it. I guess it's because nothing else is on. I do enjoy the therapist's scenes and those are the only ones I have teared up at. Can't think of her name at the moment though.

The actress is Amy Brennigan (sp?). Can't remember the character name.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
The actress is Amy Brennigan (sp?). Can't remember the character name.

Yeah that's right, she has been in shows before and I have liked her. I can't remember her name in the show either. I don't know any of the names except Addison, Naomi, and Sam for some reason.

DisneyJill

Violet. Amy Brenneman plays Violet. And I don't know why she and Cooper don't just get married and have babies, it's so obvious where it's going. I don't know what it is about PP that just irks me. Maybe it's how bitter Naomi is-get over it. Maybe it's how dramatic Addison is. "I came here looking for magic." Oooookay. I liked last weeks episode better than this week.

As for Pushing Daisies, I am totally hooked now. I love it. I like how they stepped Kristen Chenowith's character up a bit and I really like the narrating and still all the bright colors. It's definitely unique, which is nice in TV these days. There seem to be a lot of cookie-cutter shows on.

On a side note...on Ion TV, right after Mama's Family and before Who's the Boss (I know, this sounds promising, huh?), they have started playing Perfect Strangers! I didn't remember how BAD that show was but I love it! They don't make TV like they used to, you're really hard pressed to find a show that is appropriate for everyone in your house to watch together. They also seemed to have stopped playing the Wonder Years which does NOT rock my socks, but maybe it will be back.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
On a side note...on Ion TV, right after Mama's Family and before Who's the Boss (I know, this sounds promising, huh?), they have started playing Perfect Strangers! I didn't remember how BAD that show was but I love it! They don't make TV like they used to, you're really hard pressed to find a show that is appropriate for everyone in your house to watch together. They also seemed to have stopped playing the Wonder Years which does NOT rock my socks, but maybe it will be back.

OMG Perfect Strangers was the best!!! And the guy who played Balky (sp?) was my total favorite until he went on that Surreal Life show and was a total creep/pervert.

Uponastar

Violet. Amy Brenneman plays Violet. And I don't know why she and Cooper don't just get married and have babies, it's so obvious where it's going. I don't know what it is about PP that just irks me. Maybe it's how bitter Naomi is-get over it. Maybe it's how dramatic Addison is. "I came here looking for magic." Oooookay. I liked last weeks episode better than this week.

As for Pushing Daisies, I am totally hooked now. I love it. I like how they stepped Kristen Chenowith's character up a bit and I really like the narrating and still all the bright colors. It's definitely unique, which is nice in TV these days. There seem to be a lot of cookie-cutter shows on.

I love ION, but wish they'd give shows a longer run or mix things up a little to include more shows. I miss The Wonder Years and Growing Pains.

rainfully

I wasn't too thrilled with the first episode of PD, but decided to give it another shot... I'm glad I did... I really enjoyed the second.

On a second note... what is this ION?? It sounds like something I'd love!!

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I liked last night's show. I think I am definitely hooked now.

PP was awful though, the worst one yet, if that is even possible.

FanofDinsey1981

I LOVED last night show! I was cracking up for the entire chunk of scenes when they break into the funeral home. The "pooh bear" references, and the Pie Maker bumping into the dead people, and him trying to 're-kill' the guy with the sword....and his excellent sword fighting because wanting to be a jedi. The writing is outstanding on this show, and the characters are so charming. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I just realized that Jim Dale is the narrator.
He was Doc Terminus in the movie Pete's Dragon. I absolutely love that guy.

Uponastar

I just realized that Jim Dale is the narrator.
He was Doc Terminus in the movie Pete's Dragon. I absolutely love that guy.

I have no idea who that is, but I love his voice! :)

*leaves*
Because I'm DVRing tonight's episode and I don't want to know what's going on. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom