Project Thermal Springs = Adventureland Crowding Improvements

Phroobar

:banghead: Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

I bet you are right.

But it's the whole thing of giving this project a murky secret code name, Project Thermal Springs, that has me convinced there's more to this than just clearing up congestion that has been there for 15 years. Giving up profitable retail space for non-profitable space, a secret code name, press releases, it all tells me they have a long-term goal here. And I think it's part of getting ready for Pirates Fastpass.
Cube dwellers need to have fun too. It's fun to make up a secret code name for PRJ0138472.

TP2000

Original Poster
Cube dwellers need to have fun too. It's fun to make up a secret code name for PRJ0138472.

You may be right. This could be nothing more than the goofy college summer interns trying to keep themselves from going insane while sitting in a boring TDA cubicle farm all summer long.

If the code name Project Thermal Springs is just a joke, then I applaud those cubicle dwellers for maintaining some semblance of a personality in the middle of all that corporate beige and boredom.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You may be right. This could be nothing more than the goofy college summer interns trying to keep themselves from going insane while sitting in a boring TDA cubicle farm all summer long.

If the code name Project Thermal Springs is just a joke, then I applaud those cubicle dwellers for maintaining some semblance of a personality in the middle of all that corporate beige and boredom.
Code names are very common in many industries and usually has nothing to do with the projects themselves. For example in the software biz, my bread and butter, project code names usually have little to do with the project. Microsoft used city names for a period of time for their code names for Windows. Apple uses big cat names for their OS'.

Its really just a name to put on internal documents. And its easier to say "Hey whats the status update on Project Thermal Springs?" instead of saying "Hey whats the status update on the AdventureLand Retail/Food Swap Stroller Parking Guest Flow Congestion Relief project?". Just rolls off the tongue doesn't it.

WEDwaydatamover

Obviously this will help with the crowd gridlock but I imagine this increase Disneyland capacity as well. Not hugely but is there another motive to this?

George Lucas on a Bench

I took this awful photo of the walls from the treehouse. I'm really sorry. I was only going up there to shoot Haunted Mansion basking in the morning light, but I figured what the heck. It didn't focus properly and by the time I got to the bridge and saw Haunted, I obviously forgot all about the construction walls and didn't take any more shots. Weirdly, it looks like an old digital photograph from a time when Disneyland wasn't uber-crowded. I'm a time traveler!

awful picture.jpg

TP2000

Original Poster
I took this awful photo of the walls from the treehouse. I'm really sorry. I was only going up there to shoot Haunted Mansion basking in the morning light, but I figured what the heck. It didn't focus properly and by the time I got to the bridge and saw Haunted, I obviously forgot all about the construction walls and didn't take any more shots. Weirdly, it looks like an old digital photograph from a time when Disneyland wasn't uber-crowded. I'm a time traveler!

View attachment 210764

No need to apologize, that photo sums it up nicely. This is actually happening, and it's still surprising.

Californian Elitist

I still think Tahitian Terrace with a full on Polynesian environment needs to be reopened. Every table service seat this park can add is needed.

I don't believe Disneyland needs more and more table service options. On top of the ones we already have, there are multiple quick service options that don't serve your typical theme park food. Same goes for California Adventure.

This isn't WDW.

jmuboy

I don't believe Disneyland needs more and more table service options. On top of the ones we already have, there are multiple quick service options that don't serve your typical theme park food. Same goes for California Adventure.

This isn't WDW.

Are you saying we need more Pizza and Burgers?

TP2000

Original Poster
Are you saying we need more Pizza and Burgers?

Interestingly, there is only one location for pizza and one or two locations for burgers in each park.

Disneyland
Burgers = Tomorrowland Terrace & Hungry Bear Restaurant
Pizza = Pizza Port

DCA
Burgers = Smokejumpers Grill
Pizza = Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta

Although a slim argument could be made that there is still a burger on the menu at Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland, and a chic burger is on the lunch menu at Carthay Circle Restaurant. Otherwise, the dozens of other dining locations in Disneyland and DCA serve everything but pizza and burgers. It's definitely not WDW.

mickEblu

Interestingly, there is only one location for pizza and one or two locations for burgers in each park.

Disneyland
Burgers = Tomorrowland Terrace & Hungry Bear Restaurant
Pizza = Pizza Port

DCA
Burgers = Smokejumpers Grill
Pizza = Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta

Although a slim argument could be made that there is still a burger on the menu at Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland, and a chic burger is on the lunch menu at Carthay Circle Restaurant. Otherwise, the dozens of other dining locations in Disneyland and DCA serve everything but pizza and burgers. It's definitely not WDW.

Disneyland needs to step up their burger game big time! I still can't understand why Flo's doesn't serve In n Out burgers? That place is always 3/4 empty and it's a shame because of the great theming and views of RSR. Not to mention the waste of capacity. Let's make it happen people.

TP2000

Original Poster
Disneyland needs to step up their burger game big time! I still can't understand why Flo's doesn't serve In n Out burgers? That place is always 3/4 empty and it's a shame because of the great theming and views of RSR. Not to mention the waste of capacity. Let's make it happen people.

What a great idea!

Can you imagine how INSANELY POPULAR that place would be if it was Flo's V8 Cafe, Hosted by In-N-Out ?!?!

Although, In-N-Out would likely have a hard time agreeing to that sponsorship, as In-N-Out employees are noticeably more efficient, friendlier, and much more clean-cut and professional looking than the average Disneyland CM. In-N-Out would have to lower its standards to agree to a Disneyland location staffed by CM's.

mickEblu

What a great idea!

Can you imagine how INSANELY POPULAR that place would be if it was Flo's V8 Cafe, Hosted by In-N-Out ?!?!

Although, In-N-Out would likely have a hard time agreeing to that sponsorship, as In-N-Out employees are noticeably more efficient, friendlier, and much more clean-cut and professional looking than the average Disneyland CM. In-N-Out would have to lower its standards to agree to a Disneyland location staffed by CM's.

Thanks! I agree that the In N Out's employees go a little more out of their way to be friendlier. I think as far as looks go Disneyland and In N out CMs are close. In N Out employees are also more efficient, probably because of great management and a very simple streamlined process.

I think it could work. Aside from working wgreat with the old Diner theme, having an In-N-Out in CALIFORNIA adventure needs to happen. It's actually a DCA 1.0 idea tha would of worked. No, Pressler / Eisner, Grizzly Peak isn't going to make anyone NOT want to visit Yosemite. But at least with an In-N-out you saved a trip for some tourists.

Ismael Flores

This isn't WDW.

I have to disagree, more and more people are starting to realize the benefit of actually eating at a sit down eatery instead of just hamburgers and fries and pizza. The value and quality of the food is better and healthier.
The proof of that is the lack of availability of reservations. I do think that they need to leave more open tables for non reservations. I have noticed quite a few people show up for dinner only to be told they cannot be seated if they don't have reservations . I personally have walked away not eating anything in the resort because I hate to eat hamburgers or hotdogs.

Ismael Flores

Flo's has great food already so do we really need another In n out when they are everywhere now

Californian Elitist

I have to disagree, more and more people are starting to realize the benefit of actually eating at a sit down eatery instead of just hamburgers and fries and pizza. The value and quality of the food is better and healthier.
The proof of that is the lack of availability of reservations. I do think that they need to leave more open tables for non reservations. I have noticed quite a few people show up for dinner only to be told they cannot be seated if they don't have reservations . I personally have walked away not eating anything in the resort because I hate to eat hamburgers or hotdogs.

I can't tell you the last time I ate a burger at the parks, and I've never had a hot dog at the parks. And I can literally count on one hand how many times I've had table service in the past decade, and yet I still manage to have a nice meal every time I visit. There are options, it's up to the guests to take them or not.

I'm not saying DL and DCA shouldn't have another table service option. I'm saying DL and DCA aren't starving for more and more options that aren't typical fast food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom