Project Thermal Springs = Adventureland Crowding Improvements

D

Deleted member 107043

Why not put stroller parking in Aladdin's Oasis? At least then its out of the way. I know Tropical Imports is just a small shop, but I always thought the fruit market feel did a lot thematically for the Jungle Cruise. I know its a little thing, but its the little things that make the difference. Won't be the same with a stroller garage in the middle of the land.

Maybe because it's kind of far from Indy, Pirates and Tarzan?

George Lucas on a Bench

I think this does sound like it could be a good change, but I hope that charming Indiana Jones pinball machine with the gun trigger doesn't go away.

I will say, though, that the Bengal Barbecue perfectly sums up the awkward greatness of Disneyland. It's just so weird, right up against the walkway and next to the River Belle, but with this ridiculous circular "bar" outside where people just chill and eat kebabs. It looks totally shoehorned into the area, just like the rest of the park. It's just a bunch of stuff awkwardly crammed together with gloriously weird fantastic results. This is why I love Disneyland. At the other parks, everything was built bigger, with everything spaced out by huge open areas of concrete. At Disneyland, it's like the Imagineers played a big game of Tetris.

Old Mouseketeer

I think this does sound like it could be a good change, but I hope that charming Indiana Jones pinball machine with the gun trigger doesn't go away.

I will say, though, that the Bengal Barbecue perfectly sums up the awkward greatness of Disneyland. It's just so weird, right up against the walkway and next to the River Belle, but with this ridiculous circular "bar" outside where people just chill and eat kebabs. It looks totally shoehorned into the area, just like the rest of the park. It's just a bunch of stuff awkwardly crammed together with gloriously weird fantastic results. This is why I love Disneyland. At the other parks, everything was built bigger, with everything spaced out by huge open areas of concrete. At Disneyland, it's like the Imagineers played a big game of Tetris.

Indeed, it is weird in a happily idiosyncratic way. But let's remember its earlier incarnation as the "Sunkist, I Presume", a juice bar operated by Sunkist along with the Citrus House on Main St. where Gibson Girl currently resides. The name came from the famous but likely fictitious) quote from the first meeting of Stanley and Livingstone, "Dr. Livingstone, I Presume".

jmuboy

Indeed, it is weird in a happily idiosyncratic way. But let's remember its earlier incarnation as the "Sunkist, I Presume", a juice bar operated by Sunkist along with the Citrus House on Main St. where Gibson Girl currently resides. The name came from the famous but likely fictitious) quote from the first meeting of Stanley and Livingstone, "Dr. Livingstone, I Presume".

Finally after 25 years of fandom I understand Sunkist I Presumes name!! Thank you

JD2000

From what I've been told, Bengal BBQ is expanding into Adventure Outpost, Tropical Imports is moving into South Sea Traders, and the current location of Tropical Imports will become stroller parking.
Thank goodness!

All those strollers in the paths and common areas are nothing but an eyesore. And obviously that land is a grid lock all day long. Now, if only they also added signs that tell people to stay to the right and direct them to either the right for pirates or frontierland and left for new orleans square and critter country just after the treehouse, and possibly rearrange some of the area at the entrance and exit to indy and the treehouse, it would help even more.

They should add out of the way and themed stroller parking in each of the other lands as well. And there are other areas in the park that could be redone to improve congestion, such as frontierland.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Expanding Bengal BBQ is a good idea but losing the cool Indiana Jones shop will suck. Also not too keen about moving that nice little market place for stroller parking. Frickin strollers.

When I was there a couple weeks ago, the Indy pinball machine was already gone. Don't know if it was just for maintenance or been gone for a while. I was hoping to play a game on my next trip, but it now sounds like the whole Indy store is going away...

George Lucas on a Bench

It comes and goes. It's a game when I go and pass through Adventureland. Will the Indiana Jones pinball machine be there?

By the way, I always go through Adventureland on my way in and out and I've gone on many of the most crowded days in recent history. Despite the crowds and absurd amount of baby carriages, it still manages to function, a tribute to its designers.

EPCOTCenterLover

I think the treehouse was worth saving, even if it meant a more crowded area. (And I love the separation it gives Adventureland from New Orleans Square. As they are proving, there's more than one way to easy crowding. IMHO, the implementation of Fast Pass created the crowded pathways. (And yes- please bring back the Tahitian Terrace!)

britain

May I interest you in this terrific article?
http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-awkward-transitions-of-disneyland.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom